Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Ran across these posts on the Era OT for the game. I bookmarked them for when i wanted to go Warlock on a playthrough. Apparently you pose to be beefing up Eldrich Blast
:patrice: if that's the case it'll be a minute until he's good cuz I don't think I have hex or 20 CHA yet, I'll check next time I get on the game.

This year has been far from dry lmao but that’s me

I just recently started playing Pathfinder WOTR and from from what I’m hearing and seeing from this game it’s a instant cop IF you like role playing games and Fantasy type games.

Yeah that “theres no games” shyt always makes me chuckle no disrespect :mjlol:
It's funny because I felt like WOTR was the game to play if you wanted to get into cRPGs but this became the one, and WOTR is the more hardcore experience :dead:

Tbh they shytting on obsidian, pillars of eternity is big trash compared to these 2

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m loving this game. I’m playing on Steam Deck. Wish it was on a nicely tricked out PC, but even with the graphics downgrade it’s still great. The controller setup is pretty smooth too. I’m only a few hours into it but I can already see myself getting lost in this game, and easily put hours into it and not know where the time went. This play through I’m doing a draconian high elf with a criminal background. I like using magic and also talking myself out of situations. It’s been a while since I’ve played a proper RPG. So I’m taking my time with relearning how to strategize, and not just run in guns blazing like a Bethesda or Obsidian RPG.

I got a pc that runs this at max but Man I tried this shyt on my deck for when I want to be in my bed and had no fukking idea how to get the controls not to be horrible. Whats the settings you use?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This year has been far from dry lmao but that’s me

I just recently started playing Pathfinder WOTR and from from what I’m hearing and seeing from this game it’s a instant cop IF you like role playing games and Fantasy type games.

Yeah that “theres no games” shyt always makes me chuckle no disrespect :mjlol:
You have folks in this thread saying they’re looking into this because they are looking for something to play.

It’s really not debatable that this year didn’t live up to the hype. Mostly dominated by remasters/remakes and AAA games that didn’t quite stick the landing or altogether failing — this and Zelda being the key exceptions.

Outside of this, there’s really nothing expected to drop outside of sports with any hype until September.

But let’s not derail the thread.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have folks in this thread saying they’re looking into this because they are looking for something to play.

It’s really not debatable that this year didn’t live up to the hype. Mostly dominated by remasters/remakes and AAA games that didn’t quite stick the landing — this and Zelda being the key exceptions.

Outside of this, there’s really nothing expected to drop outside of sports with any hype until September.

But let’s not derail the thread.
I won’t even argue back because I’m having fun with numerous games from indies to AAA games and we haven’t even hit peak gaming season but it’s all subjective lol

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I won’t even argue back because I’m having fun with numerous games from indies to AAA games and we haven’t even hit peak gaming season but it’s all subjective lol
It is. I’m just speaking on what feels like the general sentiment is. I’ve played a lot to game, but I do every year time permitting. :manny:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:patrice: if that's the case it'll be a minute until he's good cuz I don't think I have hex or 20 CHA yet, I'll check next time I get on the game.

It's funny because I felt like WOTR was the game to play if you wanted to get into cRPGs but this became the one, and WOTR is the more hardcore experience :dead:

Tbh they shytting on obsidian, pillars of eternity is big trash compared to these 2
:lupe:so better than WOTR?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
they went from using kickstarter for their last two projects to being one of the biggest steam releases ever

u0S28XQ.jpg

Not even on some console wars or trolling shyt, this is a monumental moment for gaming we’re witnessing.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I agree, in cRPGs I find the best abilities/feats are those that give you rerolls for your attack rolls so you don't miss as often (reckless attack for barb but its precision attack for fighters, sharpshooter/true strike for mages/archers), and things that either reroll damage or boost base damage so you don't hit nikkas for 1 damage anymore. (I think its call savage attacker in this game for melee attackers and it's the elemental adept for mages)

After you stop missing and can do relatively consistent damage then do the fun stuff. nikkas be getting the best spells in the game and can't hit shyt :mjlol:

THIS!

It's happening right now, I keep MISSING, like damn!

Even wearing armor enemies just shrug and smash me around :mjcry:
Those birds from Australia are all kinds of fukked up :damn: