Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Githyanki remind me of krogans, but less barbaric and more regal :ehh:

Game gives me ME/DA vibes in general but that stands out to me. Baldurs Gate is older than them tho so maybe they Bioware influence from it. :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Githyanki remind me of krogans, but less barbaric and more regal :ehh:

Game gives me ME/DA vibes in general but that stands out to me. Baldurs Gate is older than them tho so maybe they Bioware influence from it. :yeshrug:
Baldurs Gate 1 was Bioware's first game. They then went on to make other classics like BG2, Kotor, ME, DA

Edit: nvm, I may have misread..

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Baldurs Gate 1 was Bioware's first game. They then went on to make other classics like BG2, Kotor, ME, DA

Edit: nvm, I may have misread..
I fukked up the way I worded it

I meant to say that since baldurs gate is older than ME/DA the reason that some of this stuff reminds me of it is because that was the originator to begin with

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is this weird thing I notice with the way the companions move when they talk. This is really true with the Gith broad. She's always moving her head forward in this really weird ass comedic way.

Anyway I've been complaining and raging but I got like 15 hours in this already. I fukks with this. I really like Wyils character but since I'm a Warlock so I couldn't get him.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
There is this weird thing I notice with the way the companions move when they talk. This is really true with the Gith broad. She's always moving her head forward in this really weird ass comedic way.

Anyway I've been complaining and raging but I got like 15 hours in this already. I fukks with this. I really like Wyils character but since I'm a Warlock so I couldn't get him.
Yeah I think wyll is one of the best companions personality wise but I'm actually struggling to use him in battle, not really sure the best way to use warlocks. Right now he's got a lot of good reactive/defensive spells for when he gets hit or if someone is casting but I don't really know the best way to use him

Karlach is probably my overall favorite companion tho she a ride or die :ehh:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I’m loving this game. I’m playing on Steam Deck. Wish it was on a nicely tricked out PC, but even with the graphics downgrade it’s still great. The controller setup is pretty smooth too. I’m only a few hours into it but I can already see myself getting lost in this game, and easily put hours into it and not know where the time went. This play through I’m doing a draconian high elf with a criminal background. I like using magic and also talking myself out of situations. It’s been a while since I’ve played a proper RPG. So I’m taking my time with relearning how to strategize, and not just run in guns blazing like a Bethesda or Obsidian RPG.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Might mess around and pick a bard lol
Ole singing and dancing ass nikka
5ccc0506ed8181edf9fda5ded1d82dbaf8ea44f9.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I think wyll is one of the best companions personality wise but I'm actually struggling to use him in battle, not really sure the best way to use warlocks. Right now he's got a lot of good reactive/defensive spells for when he gets hit or if someone is casting but I don't really know the best way to use him

Karlach is probably my overall favorite companion tho she a ride or die :ehh:
Ran across these posts on the Era OT for the game. I bookmarked them for when i wanted to go Warlock on a playthrough. Apparently you pose to be beefing up Eldrich Blast

Ok so, Warlocks don't technically have Spell Slots. They have Pact Magic slots. If you hover over the tab for the non-cantrip spells, you'll see it's shown in purple rather than blue. As far as I'm aware, any spells you get from your Warlock levels are cast through that, so you won't be able to cast Warlock spells using Bard spell slots.
As for the Pacts, historically Blade is considered one of the weaker Pacts. It's definitely better in BG3 than standard 5E as they've added Charisma scaling to the pact directly rather than requiring an invocation, but arguably it still suffers because of Warlock's inherent survivability issues. As was mentioned, Warlocks are kind of built around the Eldritch Blast cantrip. They get Invocations every couple of levels, several of which modify Eldritch Blast (e.g. Agonising Blast adding your charisma modifier to EB's base damage—spells don't typically scale with stats so that's kind of a big deal). Eldritch Blast essentially deals the same damage as a 2-handed weapon but with the benefits of it being ranged, and the damage of the spell increases as you hit certain levels to keep it on par with the extra attacks that martial classes get. Pact Magic is basically reserved for "Oh shyt" buttons, out of combat stuff, and particularly powerful effects.
Warlock's whole thing is that they don't have almost any Spell Slots but they are high level at least. (By level 12 they are level 5 and you have 3 Spells Slots), also they are the ONLY caster that gets back their slots with a Short rests so you can get them back twice per day and also a Bard can give them back with his Song of Rest. (so 3 refreshes before a Long Rest, which is pretty good)

That's why Eldritch Blast is so important to them, and Hex which can be casted again for free if you kill something that is under Hex.

Also those Invocations you can get are insane buffs, which are the reason to why Warlock ends up being a pretty strong class even if they can't do a lot of spells per battle. (It's also why it's so popular to multiclass into Warlock for 2-3 levels)

Make sure you get Agonizing Blast and Repeling Blast at least, by level 11 you'll be able to cast three 1D10 blasts + CHA Modifier, and the CHA modifer applies to every single blast, that means that if you manage to get to 20 Charisma(+5 modifier) and the blasts hit that is 15 damage before you even throw the 3 dice. No other Cantrip in the game can even come close to this when it comes to dealing damage.

Now add Hex to that and it becomes even funnier. It's great.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s a lot of hype around this game, partly because of how dry this year has been for new games and partly because it’s actually coming across as a well made D&D game.

They’ve never really sucked me in despite multiple attempts, but I’m receptive to seeing how it pans out of the next few months before I dive in.
This year has been far from dry lmao but that’s me

I just recently started playing Pathfinder WOTR and from from what I’m hearing and seeing from this game it’s a instant cop IF you like role playing games and Fantasy type games.

Yeah that “theres no games” shyt always makes me chuckle no disrespect :mjlol: