Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
People on this site and everywhere gush about Soulslike games. Games like Elden Ring. Played Demon Souls and didn’t really care for it.

Everything ain’t for everybody. Most game series I’m into I bought the first game either after it was old or it’s a case like Mass Effect where I knew upfront I would be into it.

All this dice roll shyt I don’t know if imma be into it. If the game doesn’t come down in price substantially I guess I’ll never know because once these developers deemed their games worthy of $70 I give them extra scrutiny.

Larian can think they can play by their own rules and act like Nintendo all they want. At least Nintendo has the decency to put out physical games. They aren’t Nintendo level to me. Nintendo been doing this since I was a snot nosed brat and I’m old now. Their reputation built over decades affords them that.
BG is more like Mass effect than a souls game

BBG

Superstar
Daps
People on this site and everywhere gush about Soulslike games. Games like Elden Ring. Played Demon Souls and didn’t really care for it.

Everything ain’t for everybody. Most game series I’m into I bought the first game either after it was old or it’s a case like Mass Effect where I knew upfront I would be into it.

All this dice roll shyt I don’t know if imma be into it. If the game doesn’t come down in price substantially I guess I’ll never know because once these developers deemed their games worthy of $70 I give them extra scrutiny.

Larian can think they can play by their own rules and act like Nintendo all they want. At least Nintendo has the decency to put out physical games. They aren’t Nintendo level to me. Nintendo been doing this since I was a snot nosed brat and I’m old now. Their reputation built over decades affords them that.
Oh I hear ya champ Im documented on here talking about how much I hate souls games ( even though it's only because I suck at them and I respect the people that get busy on them shyts). Everything ain't for everybody indeed so just be patient it'll come down eventually.

I will say the dice roll shyt isn't as bad as it sounds. I didn't know what to expect regarding that before I purchased, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it's done in a tasteful way and doesn't seem like you're a virgin playing dungeons and dragons in a dimly lit basement with 3 cacs dressed up as elves and wizards n shyt.

rdj

Pro
Daps

Nikka just pirate the fukking game :what:

All this dear diary bullshyt

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Man if that's your prerogative then cool, I just don't know why you got 11 posts in this thread basically announcing to the community at various points since August that you wish you could buy this game used or on sale :heh:
This part

I hear you and I too hate souls like games along with a lot of shyt that gets hyped up in the community

But this shyt right here! This ain’t the game to take that stance on. I’ve never said the words dungeon and dragons before I played this game and I damn sure as hell wasn’t checking for turned based RPG’s. But I took the dive and now am over 300 hours and multiple playthroughs at the same time.

My advice and I’m not attacking you, stop being stubborn and take our advice. I’ve never heard one person say a bad thing about this game and the internet is full of contrarians and try hard. Trust us on this pay the $70 you won’t be disappointed

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
bec891666c37cd407e8060077656ea0cb1aad574.gif
d99db3fd3548b8890ec6c35dfb67961995baa358.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ahhh... so Larian is officially done with the game and series, so will patch #7 be the last big update?

Apparently no DLC, nor BG4 sequel from them, as they'll instead turn their attention to making their own IP games, while Hasbro will in-turn talk with other studios about taking on the BG franchise moving forward.

Everything about the IP, genre, and studio was new to me prior to the game release but this is literally a if not the GOAT game, so what a way to mic drop if you're Larian. They're now on my radar with whatever they have cooking. At the same time, hopefully whoever takes the reigns of the bg series doesn't fukk it up.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

You like turn based JRPG's, this game even though it's a western developer has more in common with a JRPG than a WRPG(think Skyrim or Witcher 3). You don't really see the dice rolls(except during dialogue and even then you can skip the roll and just get the result), in combat the dice rolls are made the same way they are made in any JRPG: off screen. The combat in this game is like if Valkyria Chronicles and Dragon Quest had a baby... just with even more options on how to fight. Combat in this game can get... intense... with how much can actually go on, you have to treat every combat encounter like it's life or death because it literally is there are very few 'trash' encounters in this game(still more than Divinity which basically had none every fight was important in that one).

The game excels at player choice, especially in the form of how you want to complete a quest or combat encounter. I typically break Astarion off from the group and have him sneak around behind enemies, to have an advantage... sometimes do this with Wyll as well, Eldritch Blast is a CC players wet dream. Or you can use the environment. I killed about 50% of the Goblin camp inside by simply pushing them into the chasm while they were unawares, which is instadeath without feather fall... granted couldn't loot their corpses though. Also there are multiple paths to take to get from point A to point B. I'd say this is like a non linear JRPG almost, but it still is going only one direction.

As far as not knowing anything about Dungeons and Dragons yeah aint gonna lie I've had to google some of the shyt they are talking about in this at least lore wise, cause I don't know these gods, the planes of existence, none of that shyt but the lore is actually pretty cool though once you get into it. The game really excels in it's voice acting and dialogue choices, and they actually effect the trajectory of the game.

I'd say this, go try the Divinity games(Larian's original IP)
first you can get those on sale(I got both Divinity OS 1 & 2 complete editions on a Steam sale for like $25 if you on console you may get fukked on the price though), and if you like those the only big differences between the games are one is sent in Dungeons and Dragons and one is set in their own world of Rivellon, one is only partially voice acted one is fully voice acted, and Divinity without a doubt is more difficult than BG3, but if you like Divinity you will like this.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
How is the couch co op on this game? My girl just messaged me and said she wants to try this out, but she don't have a game system so she'd have to couch co op with me since this shyt has no cross play yet between platforms(:martin:).

Would you recommend I do the couch co op on my PC(I have a i7 13th gen 13700 , 8gb RAM, and a 4060) or would it be better to use my PS5 instead since you have to use controllers to couch co op regardless of the platform you use(also :hhh: mouse and keyboard is definitely the way to go with this game).

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I put the beats on him with ‘Lach
It’s myself a ranger, Lach, Wyll, and Shadowpawg. I don’t want to spoil shyt but that b*stard got his face mushed something serious.

But I’m playing the standard difficulty so I assume it’s way more challenging on higher difficulty levels