Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I pay full price for games and series I know I'm into. I can't tell you anything about dungeons and dragons. I'm not spending $70 on it even if Jesus H. Christ himself came down from the sky and said it's the best game ever made.

If I buy it and play it and like it then their next title will likely be day one.

I don't really buy full priced titles based on what other people say about it. If this game had a real physical release there'd also be a real second hand market for it and I could buy it there.

Thats nice

BBG

Superstar
Daps
This game old as hell now and still hasn’t had a substantial sale. I’m patient enough to the point if it never gets to $40 or under I guess I’ll never buy it.

I don’t know jack shyt about dungeons and dragons and I’m not spending $70 on it cause somebody else said it’s amazing.
Even Broke Boy Gaming doesn't approve of this nonsense :beli: I completely understand your premise of not going off what other nikkas say because some games are definitely up to your taste and what you personally prefer but breh if you have ever in your life enjoyed a turn based RPG you have to play this shyt my son. The voice acting and story telling is AT LEAST on par with Witcher 3 and I personally love turn based tactical games so this shyt is a wet dream for me.

Honestly, this is probably my favorite single player experience since Witcher 3 which is why I even mentioned it. In all seriousness though it's nothing wrong with waiting a couple years to play it if you just not tryna come up off that bread :manny: I waited a few years to buy the Witcher complete edition and I'm sure I had just as much fun on my first playthrough as anyone else did.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I pay full price for games and series I know I'm into. I can't tell you anything about dungeons and dragons. I'm not spending $70 on it even if Jesus H. Christ himself came down from the sky and said it's the best game ever made.

If I buy it and play it and like it then their next title will likely be day one.

I don't really buy full priced titles based on what other people say about it. If this game had a real physical release there'd also be a real second hand market for it and I could buy it there.

Man if that's your prerogative then cool, I just don't know why you got 11 posts in this thread basically announcing to the community at various points since August that you wish you could buy this game used or on sale :heh:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Also this game only takes LORE from D&D :pachaha:and the concept of using dice is mainly used for dialogue options

I was kind of :patrice: on the gameplay at first but

Giving the right situation the gameplay is satisfying:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Even Broke Boy Gaming doesn't approve of this nonsense :beli: I completely understand your premise of not going off what other nikkas say because some games are definitely up to your taste and what you personally prefer but breh if you have ever in your life enjoyed a turn based RPG you have to play this shyt my son. The voice acting and story telling is AT LEAST on par with Witcher 3 and I personally love turn based tactical games so this shyt is a wet dream for me.

Honestly, this is probably my favorite single player experience since Witcher 3 which is why I even mentioned it. In all seriousness though it's nothing wrong with waiting a couple years to play it if you just not tryna come up off that bread :manny: I waited a few years to buy the Witcher complete edition and I'm sure I had just as much fun on my first playthrough as anyone else did.
People on this site and everywhere gush about Soulslike games. Games like Elden Ring. Played Demon Souls and didn’t really care for it.

Everything ain’t for everybody. Most game series I’m into I bought the first game either after it was old or it’s a case like Mass Effect where I knew upfront I would be into it.

All this dice roll shyt I don’t know if imma be into it. If the game doesn’t come down in price substantially I guess I’ll never know because once these developers deemed their games worthy of $70 I give them extra scrutiny.

Larian can think they can play by their own rules and act like Nintendo all they want. At least Nintendo has the decency to put out physical games. They aren’t Nintendo level to me. Nintendo been doing this since I was a snot nosed brat and I’m old now. Their reputation built over decades affords them that.