Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
The Japanese physical is $29, but it’s censored

It’s in English
ahh damn shame the censored.
Oh well guess I'll really play it on my M2 pro MacBook yes its a pirated version :mjlit:
shyt runs nice and I'm using my dualsense to play too :russ:

Needed that physical copy :manny:
I might play there and there at work on breaks or while wifey is watching tv like I just did now since I can't play FF7 Rebirth that I'm already 70hrs on. Yes I have a PS Portal but I can't not play that game on it when I got my S95B old :wow:

I would play BG3 on my ps portal though

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Just finished Act 2 this morning. This is likely a top 3 RPG of all time for me so far. I respeced from a rogue to a sorcerer at the beginning of act 2 and changed up my whole party for story reasons a little after that. Went from me(rogue), Karlach, Halsin, and Laezel to me(sorcerer), shadowheart, Wyll, and Jaheira. So much fun doing different plays takes n shytI haven’t been so eager about a replay in a long time. I just learned about the Dark Urge origin character today. Like…what the fukk. Definitely doing that play through when I’m done. What a fantastic game.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Act 2 was scorched earth :demonic:

Last light got lit up

Nightsong will be right behind you Isabol :demonic:

Must’ve been the enemy Jaheira :sas2:

The Thorm siblings were easier This time around now that I knew what to do:ehh:

Yurgir committed that

Gaslighted Shadowheart to kill Nightsong:mjgrin:

Monk is OP:picard:

Made it to act 3 talked to the blacksmith too early now I’m down a merchant :beli:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game old as hell now and still hasn’t had a substantial sale. I’m patient enough to the point if it never gets to $40 or under I guess I’ll never buy it.

I don’t know jack shyt about dungeons and dragons and I’m not spending $70 on it cause somebody else said it’s amazing.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
This game old as hell now and still hasn’t had a substantial sale. I’m patient enough to the point if it never gets to $40 or under I guess I’ll never buy it.

I don’t know jack shyt about dungeons and dragons and I’m not spending $70 on it cause somebody else said it’s amazing.
Its the consensus game of the year. Why would they put it on sale? Its a game truly worth paying full price for. I was skeptical about D&D turn based RPG but first play through was over 160 hours of great gameplay and i know i missed a lot of stuff

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its the consensus game of the year. Why would they put it on sale? Its a game truly worth paying full price for. I was skeptical about D&D turn based RPG but first play through was over 160 hours of great gameplay and i know i missed a lot of stuff
And I could say Trails into Reverie is worth paying full price for and you might buy it and bounce off it hard. The asking price of new games is too high for me to experiment with something I've never played before just because other people say it's good. Had they released a physical copy with wide availability my attitude would be different. Them releasing this pretty much as digital only and clamping down on pricing they get the middle finger for that. Alan Wake 2 was a GOTY level game and has had real sales even being digital only.

Also once a game has sold enough to be profitable publishers are more inclined to put the game on sale because game sales are mostly front loaded and after a game becomes older it stops selling as much. They lower the price to get the holdouts to buy because at that point it's all profit anyway. If they can get a holdout to try their last release maybe they convert them and that person buys the next game day 1.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
And I could say Trails into Reverie is worth paying full price for and you might buy it and bounce off it hard. The asking price of new games is too high for me to experiment with something I've never played before just because other people say it's good. Had they released a physical copy with wide availability my attitude would be different. Them releasing this pretty much as digital only and clamping down on pricing they get the middle finger for that. Alan Wake 2 was a GOTY level game and has had real sales even being digital only.
typically games go on sale shortly after release if they don't meet their sales expectations. BG3 didn't have that problem

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wild how publishers can drop a high quality game that has well over 100 hours of good (non-padded) content and people will still be like…. “Idk, is this worth it?”

And then be in other threads saying there’s no good games coming out this generation lol

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

I don't know a creative way to say that it's worth the $70 without counting your pockets but it's worth full price. Otherwise wait till holiday sales :yeshrug:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Also once a game has sold enough to be profitable publishers are more inclined to put the game on sale because game sales are mostly front loaded and after a game becomes older it stops selling as much. They lower the price to get the holdouts to buy because at that point it's all profit anyway. If they can get a holdout to try their last release maybe they convert them and that person buys the next game day 1.
There is a physical copy now...

If you don't want to play it just say so bruh, but I highly doubt this game goes on sale anytime in the near future. It took a while before the Divinity games got price drops, and they were nowhere near as popular and commercially successfully as BG3.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

It’s a GOAT-tier single player game with no microtransactions or DLC that was self-published by the developer. Either cough up the money to pay for an exceptional game or miss out, the world still turns whether you decide to wait for a sale or not :yeshrug:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Just say you broke & keep it moving :unimpressed:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Wild how publishers can drop a high quality game that has well over 100 hours of good (non-padded) content and people will still be like…. “Idk, is this worth it?”

And then be in other threads saying there’s no good games coming out this generation lol
I pay full price for games and series I know I'm into. I can't tell you anything about dungeons and dragons. I'm not spending $70 on it even if Jesus H. Christ himself came down from the sky and said it's the best game ever made.

If I buy it and play it and like it then their next title will likely be day one.

I don't really buy full priced titles based on what other people say about it. If this game had a real physical release there'd also be a real second hand market for it and I could buy it there.