Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What you mean by this?
She's one of the best characters by far and the rather narrow pathway to get her even after the patch is doing players a disservice.
Hey coli brehs. How the fukk do you beat Barnz in battle? Barnz shroud self. Act 3 - I'm having trouble beating this guy, he keeps going invisible and I'm not sure what to do brehs
throw water on invisible shyt. works every time 90% of the time.

some see invisibility scrolls should always be onhand too

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
giphy.gif
Asking me if I'm there to take care of some fukking egg like I'm some errand boy :russ:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Man I am over here trying to save last light inn and Halsim went into a portal and told me to guard the portal, I’m like cool. Then 50-11 nikkas jump out the woods shooting arrows at the portal. I’ve failed 123 times trying to protect this portal. What’s the strategy

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Man I am over here trying to save last light inn and Halsim went into a portal and told me to guard the portal, I’m like cool. Then 50-11 nikkas jump out the woods shooting arrows at the portal. I’ve failed 123 times trying to protect this portal. What’s the strategy
give them more available targets and they'll usually deal with those over the portal. Archers especially will prioritize moving away from someone in their face over shooting at the portal
I keep a ranged person on the platform and send the other characters out into the thick of it. Keeps the enemies less focused on the portal

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
put the spell darkness on and around the portal - this prevents archers from shooting it straight up.
set the table, but barrels and water all around where the enemy spawns from. drop big body AoE spells like wall of fire, ice storm or whatever its called, etc
keep your melee guys at the edge of the steps, anything coming up should take attacks of opportunity for trying to pass.
make sure you've got light sources on your equipment or on the ground to prevent the shadows from doing shenanigans

i can do it in my sleep now.

Rayzah

Daps
give them more available targets and they'll usually deal with those over the portal. Archers especially will prioritize moving away from someone in their face over shooting at the portal
I keep a ranged person on the platform and send the other characters out into the thick of it. Keeps the enemies less focused on the portal
I was doing the opposite lol. I had the goons on the platform and had my snipers in the field taking out the archers. Obviously that’s not a winning strategy lol.

Them damn shadow monsters be sneaking past and the one had like 100 health so it takes forever to kill them.
Then those stupid tentacle monsters be popping up and getting cheap shots.

Rayzah

Daps
put the spell darkness on and around the portal - this prevents archers from shooting it straight up.
set the table, but barrels and water all around where the enemy spawns from. drop big body AoE spells like wall of fire, ice storm or whatever its called, etc
keep your melee guys at the edge of the steps, anything coming up should take attacks of opportunity for trying to pass.
make sure you've got light sources on your equipment or on the ground to prevent the shadows from doing shenanigans

i can do it in my sleep now.
Genius :patrice:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I kind of lucked out on my first encounter. My main is a Champion and I had him on the steps. As the other poster said, nothing gets past him without triggering an opportunity attack.

Had a mage scroll spamming at that point for easy cleanup. Can also drop some nasty persistent AoE spells at the steps to buy yourself some time.

But the biggest advantage in that battle? Karlach. Or any Barbarian character. Their greatest advantage over fighters is high hp + Mobility. They absolutely WRECK this encounter because they'll hit the backline and all the ranged characters will focus them (and die). Depending on how your Karlach is setup you can even throw powder kegs early on to flame everything and then just have her run through. If she has wild magic or whatever that shyt is called you can snowball the battle.

Rayzah

Daps
I kind of lucked out on my first encounter. My main is a Champion and I had him on the steps. As the other poster said, nothing gets past him without triggering an opportunity attack.

Had a mage scroll spamming at that point for easy cleanup. Can also drop some nasty persistent AoE spells at the steps to buy yourself some time.

But the biggest advantage in that battle? Karlach. Or any Barbarian character. Their greatest advantage over fighters is high hp + Mobility. They absolutely WRECK this encounter because they'll hit the backline and all the ranged characters will focus them (and die). Depending on how your Karlach is setup you can even throw powder kegs early on to flame everything and then just have her run through. If she has wild magic or whatever that shyt is called you can snowball the battle.
So I’m holding that stupid lantern and it takes up my weapon slot, can I put that weapon away and not have to worry about the curse killing me

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So I’m holding that stupid lantern and it takes up my weapon slot, can I put that weapon away and not have to worry about the curse killing me
if you're still holding up lanterns in the shadow cursed lands, you've missed some quests :mjlol: its still possible to beat that battle though - just give the lantern to your mage or cleric. all they need to be doing anyways is spamming AoEs