Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'll be sure to kill the bear and the character who's trying to smash it.

The filth in this world will be purged

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Whoever turns a blind eye to filth with my characters around will be eliminated.

Old testament style
ohshytson. We got our first Coli Lawful Neutral character confirmed :whoo:

Spoilering my alignment rant
hurts me that they didn't include alignment as a major foundation in the game, but I understand why for the sake of increasing the amount of roleplay. Especially with the derth of actual role playing in RPGs these days.

That said... I feel like not having a moral system to force people to hold to their character or suffer consequences is sad, but... that acting as a multiplier to all the other minutiae decisions rippling would probably make for a nightmare to code.

Props to your intent to smite filth.

That said... do understand that the game literally begins in hell. They waited until a month before release to even show off the 'good' characters for the party. This game gonna be strewn in filth. Let me know about your trail of bodies when game drops - I'm sure we'll all end up killing different people and having different ripples.

If Karlach works out as a good front-liner, I might be getting Laezel's racist-ass up out the paint before end of prologue, personally. The audacity to have a nose that naturally upturned and then still OD about turning it up at people :picard: Tempted to use the co-op trick to make 2 custom characters, create my own damn fighter and let that ho die in the cage

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

hurts me that they didn't include alignment as a major foundation in the game, but I understand why for the sake of increasing the amount of roleplay. Especially with the derth of actual role playing in RPGs these days.

That said... I feel like not having a moral system to force people to hold to their character or suffer consequences is sad, but... that acting as a multiplier to all the other minutiae decisions rippling would probably make for a nightmare to code.

That said... do understand that the game literally begins in hell. They waited until a month before release to even show off the 'good' characters for the party. This game gonna be strewn in filth. Let me know about your trail of bodies when game drops - I'm sure we'll all end up killing different people and having different ripples.

If Karlach works out as a good front-liner, I might be getting Laezel's racist-ass up out the paint before end of prologue, personally. The audacity to have a nose that naturally upturned and then still OD about turning it up at people :picard: Tempted to use the co-op trick to make 2 custom characters, create my own damn fighter and let that ho die in the cage

What do you mean start in hell? Don’t you start on the crashed squid ship?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

When I was younger I would play these games and I'd be so intent on saying the right thing to everybody I would just have all kind of weirdos in my party that I didn't like and lose party members I did like.

As I got older I realize the importance of separation. Having unwavering values and standards. It's what's called integrity.

I'm not trying to be around some trash because they're just going to bring down my values with their self destructive ways. This is a mission of prejudice against scum. Warrior class lawful killers and maybe some nice customer service friendly healers in the background even though I don't really F with that magic BULLshyt.

Whoever comes at us nasty getting done dirty. Druids merked off top. Wizards better be acting like Mr Rogers cuz I ain't tryna be your m f'ing neighbor nika.

Just gonna be massacring the ops with straight steel and whatever I can wear that will cancel status effects combined with my little secretary in the back sending out cancel debuff memos for the team

Last edited:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
When I was younger I would play these games and I'd be so intent on saying the right thing to everybody I would just have all kind of weirdos in my party that I didn't like and lose party members I did like.

As I got older I realize the importance of separation. Having unwavering values and standards. It's what's called integrity.

I'm not trying to be around some trash because they're just going to bring down my values with their self destructive ways. This is a mission of prejudice against scum. Warrior class lawful killers and maybe some nice customer service friendly healers in the background even though I don't really F with that magic BULLshyt.

Whoever comes at us nasty getting done dirty. Druids merked off top. Wizards better be acting like Mr Rogers cuz I ain't tryna be your m f'ing neighbor nika.

Just gonna be massacring the ops with straight steel and whatever I can wear that will cancel status effects combined with my little secretary in the back sending out cancel debuff memos for the team
:leon:
My mans got his modus planned and his rationale steeled.

fukk them nikkas up, cuz!
Rep :salute:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You can play it in a more iso camera angle mode right, similar to the previous games? The art is kinda ugly to me and I want this shyt zoomed out lol.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

This is why I enjoyed the Baldurs Gate games you had to be morally consistent even if certain parts of the game opened/closed to you and you lost certain characters.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This is why I enjoyed the Baldurs Gate games you had to be morally consistent even if certain parts of the game opened/closed to you and you lost certain characters.
Yea you'd have some lawful good character in your party and then theyd dip because you just said yes to some random psychopath joining your team.

Cats like I didn't start this adventure to be teaming up with serial killers.

And meanwhile I'm like nah don't leave I'm still a good guy.
wait-bobby-moynihan.gif

Squad is like yeah f her let's go rob and kill some Mfs

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Yeah I play these games similar. You got to be consistent. I tend to do a "good" play through and a "fukk I look like :stopitslime:"

One of my elf :stopitslime: playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition was legendary. Had Blackwall executed. Kept the mages in the tower so they could be meat shields for any war I started. Led Sera along and then kicked her out the party right when her approval was high. Told Cole I don't fukk with ghost and kicked him out. Saved Iron Bull team just so he would get excommunicated. By the time I got to the end only Varek and Cassandra was still there and that is because you can't get them to leave and they hated my guts. I'm an elf though so like I give a fukk about what a non elf thinks:stopitslime:. Even Morrigan was like :picard: for the small amount of time she was in the party and couldn't wait to dip. Think I told her I would eventually have the power of the old god which indirectly was a direct threat I'd kill her son.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
So glad I bought this three years (!!!) ago.

Gonna be a Paladin and end the game as an Oathbreaker because somebody is gonna talk crazy :noah:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game is ruined because of bear sex

My shiity millennial brethren writers

Funny cause people outside of CRPG/D&D heads weren’t even talking about this game until then now i see everyone in the world talking about it and curious about the actual game now.

Great marketing on Larian’s part