Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
People that have been playing EA saying this is incredible huh?
I’ve been looking at reviews on steam. They are largely positive, but it’s only for the first act. Apparently the romancing options are too abdundant and everybody tries to sleep with you right away. Hopefully that won’t turn into GTA-style friendship quests where they constantly nag you.

I’m not convinced this will be really a true sequel to Baldur’s gate 2. I’m a bit fearful it’ll just be Divinity 3 in a Baldur’s gate setting. They could be great though, as people love Divinity a lot (I haven’t played it yet, but will at some point).

I played both the Baldur’s gate games when I was young and loved them. This new game has a lot to live up to, and anything less that a masterpiece will be seen as a failure.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
EA been great, especially in seeing how different the game has been since it entered EA. A lot of listening and adjusting the way the game operates. A lot of interactivity with the world added. Being able to grab things in the environment to use in combat is some TTRPG stuff that hasn't been in D&D games like it probably needed to be. All the classes and races being added by 1.0 will be interesting to see.

I reckon there will need to be balance adjustments in the game for later spells, like there often is with Larian. But them moving the release up instead of back is enough of an aberration in this game climate, it speaks to a level of confidence.

I'll probably not put as much time into this as Starfield by year's end, but I'll remember more of that time that I will Starfield's when it's all said and done, is my guess.

Clear that Larian is miles ahead of where Bioware was when they were at a similar stage in their company development though. Gotta pray no one tries to buy them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
EA been great, especially in seeing how different the game has been since it entered EA. A lot of listening and adjusting the way the game operates. A lot of interactivity with the world added. Being able to grab things in the environment to use in combat is some TTRPG stuff that hasn't been in D&D games like it probably needed to be. All the classes and races being added by 1.0 will be interesting to see.

I reckon there will need to be balance adjustments in the game for later spells, like there often is with Larian. But them moving the release up instead of back is enough of an aberration in this game climate, it speaks to a level of confidence.

I'll probably not put as much time into this as Starfield by year's end, but I'll remember more of that time that I will Starfield's when it's all said and done, is my guess.

Clear that Larian is miles ahead of where Bioware was when they were at a similar stage in their company development though. Gotta pray no one tries to buy them.

This game already made me regret buying my xbox. I’m way more hype for this than starfield smh

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

Why do you say this?

Daps
Why do you say this?
Typical coli breh tryna sound smart and failing miserably :mjlol: Larian Studios has existed since 1996, only 1 later than Bioware was founded in 95. Probably before him and over half the ppl posting on here were even born let alone playing WRPGs. Bioware already had BG1 and 2, MDK2, and Neverwinter on deck by the time Larian cobbled together their first game after 6 years of existence, trash ass Divine Divinity in 2002. With arguably the best licensed game in this history of gaming (KOTOR) following less than a year afterwards. :wow: It ain't Bioware's fault it took Larian damn near 30 years to attain the requisite industry attention and clout to even have to worry about a potential big publisher buyout.... 15+ years after EA bought them. :pachaha:

I know it's cute and topical to shyt on them now in the wake of their struggles in recent years cause of EA executive meddling and some inevitable senior talent migration after 20+ years... but Bioware's run from 98-2014 is unimpeachable across the industry, top 1 when it comes to WRPGs specifically. Larian could only hope to ever come close to anything remotely similar.... it's why they're licensing a celebrated franchise Bioware originally created in an attempt to do so with BG3. :unimpressed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I have no reason to believe this, but I have a feeling this game won’t live up to the hype. I hope I’m wrong though.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Typical coli breh tryna sound smart and failing miserably :mjlol: Larian Studios has existed since 1996, only 1 later than Bioware was founded in 95. Probably before him and over half the ppl posting on here were even born let alone playing WRPGs. Bioware already had BG1 and 2, MDK2, and Neverwinter on deck by the time Larian cobbled together their first game after 6 years of existence, trash ass Divine Divinity in 2002. With arguably the best licensed game in this history of gaming (KOTOR) following less than a year afterwards. :wow: It ain't Bioware's fault it took Larian damn near 30 years to attain the requisite industry attention and clout to even have to worry about a potential big publisher buyout.... 15+ years after EA bought them. :pachaha:

I know it's cute and topical to shyt on them now in the wake of their struggles in recent years cause of EA executive meddling and some inevitable senior talent migration after 20+ years... but Bioware's run from 98-2014 is unimpeachable across the industry, top 1 when it comes to WRPGs specifically. Larian could only hope to ever come close to anything remotely similar.... it's why they're licensing a celebrated franchise Bioware originally created in an attempt to do so with BG3. :unimpressed:
Yeah I didn't understand that comment. If you know the history of both companies how can you say something like that. Especially when you're praising Larian for making a sequel to a series BioWare created :gucci:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I wanna play this but I couldn't get into Divinity Original sin 2. I thought it was too difficult especially since it was my first crpg basically. I don't wanna end up spending $60 on something I won't like but it's got everything else in a game I really like besides the turn based crpg elements. Is there any tips or something to get into this type of game?
I'm willing to take the time to learn a game since I've played stuff like Civilization series and Dark souls etc. I just gotta get hooked somehow