Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Cuz been in early access since Day 1.

How do I convince myself not to call in sick on Thursday, since these motherfukkers finna drop the damn game at 8 am on a goddamned Thursday like a nikka ain't got responserbillerbies :stopitslime:

...I coughed a couple times on the phone with my District Manager today... Game got a nikka over here trying to foreshadow a sudden character absence to my DM :pachaha:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Cuz been in early access since Day 1.

How do I convince myself not to call in sick on Thursday, since these motherfukkers finna drop the damn game at 8 am on a goddamned Thursday like a nikka ain't got responserbillerbies :stopitslime:

...I coughed a couple times on the phone with my District Manager today... Game got a nikka over here trying to foreshadow a sudden character absence to my DM :pachaha:
* cough, cough *

"yeah, I feel like I'm gonna be sick in a week..."

Superstar
Daps
I have no reason to believe this, but I have a feeling this game won’t live up to the hype. I hope I’m wrong though.

I’ve been playing early access on and off since it dropped.

If hype was a 1995 action movie trap house this game has kicked in the door, roundhouse kicked half the occupants through every window in the house twice, somehow shot the other 20 with a six shot revolver without reloading once, did a Jean Claude van damme jumping air split to throw a knife through the final bosses forehead, and is outside hands free smoking a camel crush cigarette saying some one liner bullshyt like: “Guess you won’t be paying the plug back on consignment…”

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I’ve been playing early access on and off since it dropped.

If hype was a 1995 action movie trap house this game has kicked in the door, roundhouse kicked half the occupants through every window in the house twice, somehow shot the other 20 with a six shot revolver without reloading once, did a Jean Claude van damme jumping air split to throw a knife through the final bosses forehead, and is outside hands free smoking a camel crush cigarette saying some one liner bullshyt like: “Guess you won’t be paying the plug back on consignment…”

:russ:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is going to be an interesting test case. This game will get ridiculous reviews and many people will buy it who otherwise wouldn't have any interest in this type of game. I played Divinity 2 when it first came out and bushed it after like two hours only to revisit it several years later and dropped a cool 150 hours. This game has the D&D backend with the dicerolls and the class shyt which might make it even harder to get into.

Superstar
Daps
This is going to be an interesting test case. This game will get ridiculous reviews and many people will buy it who otherwise wouldn't have any interest in this type of game. I played Divinity 2 when it first came out and bushed it after like two hours only to revisit it several years later and dropped a cool 150 hours. This game has the D&D backend with the dicerolls and the class shyt which might make it even harder to get into.

Most of the people into these kind of games already have it on PC. The rest are people who are either into these games and waiting on a console edition to drop or will be pleasantly surprised within the first 10-20 minutes. Even if they have no idea what to do they made it pretty easy to figure out. Hell I’m not really even into D&D but I play it like a JRPG so it’s pretty much replaced any jrpg I’ve thought of playing since. What I didn’t initially know, it taught me along the way.

Aside from sharing DNA from divinity and pillars of eternity, it’s way different from the two. It’s a lot more accessible, visually appealing, smoother, and less reading intensive. Interactions play out like a movie. It’s more like a way more interactive and fun final fantasy (speaking as someone who enjoys ff). This shyt made going back to play divinity 2 feel like space invaders.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
At least this game unlike divinity is far more cinematic, it has way higher productions values than most CRPGs which should help ease casual gamers into it.

If console players can get into diablo this shouldn’t be too much for them

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
The thumbnail is the first fight i died
that fight's the first real test the game gives of your party's CC. That's basically the fight in a nutshell - if you can lock down a few of the enemies so they can't do harm - doesn't matter which ones you pick - numbers shake out to a safe victory.

Knowing the fight is coming changes everything though. First time you stumble into it, it's rough. If you are cautious or just know it's coming, you can sneak and position everyone on high ground and then it's pretty much a shooting gallery with minimal risk.

If your party's light on range, that Warg can be a problem. But... all else fails, sacrifice the NPCs. fukk them nikkas; resurrection is expensive :lolbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that fight's the first real test the game gives of your party's CC. That's basically the fight in a nutshell - if you can lock down a few of the enemies so they can't do harm - doesn't matter which ones you pick - numbers shake out to a safe victory.

Knowing the fight is coming changes everything though. First time you stumble into it, it's rough. If you are cautious or just know it's coming, you can sneak and position everyone on high ground and then it's pretty much a shooting gallery with minimal risk.

If your party's light on range, that Warg can be a problem. But... all else fails, sacrifice the NPCs. fukk them nikkas; resurrection is expensive :lolbron:

Those fukking worgs don’t remind me :snoop:

Let me tell you about how many times i had to save scum fighting them in their little cave

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Those fukking worgs don’t remind me :snoop:

Let me tell you about how many times i had to save scum fighting them in their little cave
cuz. First time I ran into them gnolls? I was pressed.
I wasn't expecting them. Then I wasn't expecting them to be mobile blenders. Then I wasn't expecting my frontline to be... blendable.

They've done a good job of making the creatures feel rough to fight at early levels, and throwing a diverse amount of them at us. The human enemies are annoying, but the creatures are where the pain exists so far. Which is cool to see, since I'm sure the back-half of the game will be mostly killing 'people'.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
cuz. First time I ran into them gnolls? I was pressed.
I wasn't expecting them. Then I wasn't expecting them to be mobile blenders. Then I wasn't expecting my frontline to be... blendable.

They've done a good job of making the creatures feel rough to fight at early levels, and throwing a diverse amount of them at us. The human enemies are annoying, but the creatures are where the pain exists so far. Which is cool to see, since I'm sure the back-half of the game will be mostly killing 'people'.

Lol yeah, it was the Gnoll cave for the missing shipment quest is what fukked me up. I think i stumbled upon it before i even got the quest too.

If this game is like divinity i expect a difficulty major spike in the last 3rd of the game again