Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I wouldn't want my Shadowheart to be a lesbian, but I was playing as a male character :yeshrug:

Elle is a more badass character than Shadowheart though. I'd pick her in a fight definitely. Shadowheart is kinda weak, but I used her as a healer.
Laezel is a better single target damage character but late game shadowheart has so many tools in her bag..:wow:

Spirit guardians/guardian of faith does so much consistent damage, you get heals, you get great situational spells and status effects, she's undeniably more valuable at the end of the game.

Karlach and wyll are the worst characters unless you multiclass, honestly

Edit: nvm, you meant ellie

Eh

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
if yall are enjoying this game you should watch Dungeons and Dragons, it feels like it could be another story in this game

16e29e303c051c99a5d3c538dcbb05a624c16915.gifv

Yo this ish was dope :ohhh:

The whole movie I was like

internet-gifs-i-get-that-reference.gif

:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yo this ish was dope :ohhh:

The whole movie I was like

internet-gifs-i-get-that-reference.gif

:mjlol:

Yeah this shyt could legit be called baldurs gate the movie

only thing i dont like is how they cheaped out on the Teifling chick by leaving her white

I dont think a lot of people know all these things are in the same universe

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I started the game...I sure hope this combat gets better because so more this shyt is a chore :francis:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Laezel is a better single target damage character but late game shadowheart has so many tools in her bag..:wow:

Spirit guardians/guardian of faith does so much consistent damage, you get heals, you get great situational spells and status effects, she's undeniably more valuable at the end of the game.

Karlach and wyll are the worst characters unless you multiclass, honestly

Edit: nvm, you meant ellie

Eh

Barbarian and Fighter damage spikes are way higher than anything a Cleric can do outside of scroll spam. Both can legit get to the point they run through a whole enemy encounter with no help from anyone else. Battlemaster might be too good because Precision attack allows for some abuse. Champion crit builds (because you are running great weapon feat) get ridiculously punishing. And of course Barbarians sans Wild Heart or whatever it's called are unstoppable.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Barbarian and Fighter damage spikes are way higher than anything a Cleric can do outside of scroll spam. Both can legit get to the point they run through a whole enemy encounter with no help from anyone else. Battlemaster might be too good because Precision attack allows for some abuse. Champion crit builds (because you are running great weapon feat) get ridiculously punishing. And of course Barbarians sans Wild Heart or whatever it's called are unstoppable.

I hear ya

but strength-build way of the open hand monk with tavern brawler = nasty work :scust:

"you get a stun lock! you get a stun lock! everyone gets a stun lock! :oprahblessed: "

plus, unlike great weapon master you don't lose accuracy for the added power. 90% hit every time + flurry of blows

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
With that said, apparently the radiating orb/reverberation light cleric build shyts on all of that (monk, fighter, barbarian) but i haven't attempted it to see for myself.

excerpt from reddit

The idea here is simple - walking around with spirit guardians (radiant) to maximize instances of radiant and thunder damage to stack radiating orb and reverberation to the high heavens. Enemies will have an extremely hard time hitting SH, and each time they miss, they are very highly likely to be punished by the build for even more damage and reverberation. This build is designed to completely shut down melee attackers, but should work against ranged enemies too by misty stepping to them.

There's an extremely high amount of synergies among all the itemizations and spell selections for this build.
  • Radiant damage => radiating orb + reverberation
  • Thunder damage => reverberation
  • Condition => reverberation
  • Enemies missing => radiant damage + thunder damage + reeling condition => more likely to miss

Sounds like walking fukkery personified, but i was too far into my last play through that I already missed the items needed for Shadowheart. Plus, i prefer to just punch the shyt outta people anyway :pachaha: i'm a simple man.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
With that said, apparently the radiating orb/reverberation light cleric build shyts on all of that (monk, fighter, barbarian) but i haven't attempted it to see for myself.

excerpt from reddit

Sounds like walking fukkery personified, but i was too far into my last play through that I already missed the items needed for Shadowheart. Plus, i prefer to just punch the shyt outta people anyway :pachaha: i'm a simple man.

Yep, Shadowheart is a walking tank, can’t get near her or past her in late game with that build

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hear ya

but strength-build way of the open hand monk with tavern brawler = nasty work :scust:

"you get a stun lock! you get a stun lock! everyone gets a stun lock! :oprahblessed: "

plus, unlike great weapon master you don't lose accuracy for the added power. 90% hit every time + flurry of blows

Yea Tavern Brawler is a nasty feat too. Monks built right are in the same Tier as those Barbarian, Fighters, and Sword Bards. Just wreck shop at a certain point.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I hear ya

That's me on this good Dark Urge playthrough :lolbron:

Then you get the additional necro/radiant/psych damage, depending on gear it gets crazy. I unwillingly got hit with the partial illithid transformation, but now have flying for free. Also survived the Zaith'isk checks in Act 2 so my illithid powers are bonus actions instead of actions.