Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if yall are enjoying this game you should watch Dungeons and Dragons, it feels like it could be another story in this game

16e29e303c051c99a5d3c538dcbb05a624c16915.gifv

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Wait so is there a big difference how people treat you if you play as a Teethling lol or a drow?

Right now I’m playing a custom race half angel as a dark urge. Should I switch to one of those races to get better dialog choices?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wait so is there a big difference how people treat you if you play as a Teethling lol or a drow?

Right now I’m playing a custom race half angel as a dark urge. Should I switch to one of those races to get better dialog choices?

No, a lot of it is just flavor text. The game won’t drastically change based on your race

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

there's multiple whole fights/dialogue rolls in act 1 you get to skip if you're drow :yeshrug:
There's also fights that you have to do without any conversation/choice if you're certain other races.
Not enough to justify you changing your intended character choice, but they are there.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
there's multiple whole fights/dialogue rolls in act 1 you get to skip if you're drow :yeshrug:
There's also fights that you have to do without any conversation/choice if you're certain other races.
Not enough to justify you changing your intended character choice, but they are there.
playing with a drow is as close to easy mode as it gets in act 1

pretty much stroll right in the front door of the goblin camp, no-sell poisons, neutral NPCs hit you with the :whoa: , etc

Rayzah

Daps
Question, I’m trying to do a dual wield build with non light weapons, I understand I need the feat “dual wielder” and a have the two weapons fighting style. Do I need to have my strength att at a certain number for it to work?
Also @Novembruh do you know if the mystic class is decent for this build?

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Question, I’m trying to do a dual wield build with non light weapons, I understand I need the feat “dual wielder” and a have the two weapons fighting style. Do I need to have my strength att at a certain number for it to work?
Also @Novembruh do you know if the mystic class is decent for this build?
your str needs to be high enough to carry the attack stat since doing non-light weapons usually means you're not using finesse weapons. In which case, you'll want to have high str for attack/damage and can probably keep dex at 10 and run heavy armor. The issue you'll have won't be defense or offense then, it'll be trash initiative. And probably a shytty spell save DC because you'll need to half mid-tier INT.

Mystic can work if you're going to use your action to debuff/CC/spell damage and your bonus action to hit with a weapon. But that's basically the only build it'd be useful for, since Mystic's best +damage utilities use your bonus action. The issue there is, you're looking at needing to keep INT, STR and CON high. You likely won't have the stats to carry it.

3 level dip into Artificer to get Battle Smith for INT weapon scaling, then the rest into Mystic could mean you can dump STR and still run damage. But you'll be 3 levels behind in Mystic skills. That said, Brute Force or Psychic Weapon skills can help cover if you're down to drop psi points most attacks.

That said... I wouldn't suggest it. Mystic doesn't get extra attack. By the time you got a 2MYS/3ART build online, other classes would be lapping you in damage. Mystic is best as a utility mage most of the early game and not a front-liner.

Unless you go soul knife. Dual-wielding mystic that's functional off-rip. But... you're gonna be running double daggers and have way fewer 'spells'.

Ultimately I wouldn't suggest it. Especially since Magus is also a mod. And it's immediately the better front-liner. Mystic is a mage. Magus is closer to if someone with good sense made EK

Rayzah

Daps
your str needs to be high enough to carry the attack stat since doing non-light weapons usually means you're not using finesse weapons. In which case, you'll want to have high str for attack/damage and can probably keep dex at 10 and run heavy armor. The issue you'll have won't be defense or offense then, it'll be trash initiative. And probably a shytty spell save DC because you'll need to half mid-tier INT.

Mystic can work if you're going to use your action to debuff/CC/spell damage and your bonus action to hit with a weapon. But that's basically the only build it'd be useful for, since Mystic's best +damage utilities use your bonus action. The issue there is, you're looking at needing to keep INT, STR and CON high. You likely won't have the stats to carry it.

3 level dip into Artificer to get Battle Smith for INT weapon scaling, then the rest into Mystic could mean you can dump STR and still run damage. But you'll be 3 levels behind in Mystic skills. That said, Brute Force or Psychic Weapon skills can help cover if you're down to drop psi points most attacks.

That said... I wouldn't suggest it. Mystic doesn't get extra attack. By the time you got a 2MYS/3ART build online, other classes would be lapping you in damage. Mystic is best as a utility mage most of the early game and not a front-liner.

Unless you go soul knife. Dual-wielding mystic that's functional off-rip. But... you're gonna be running double daggers and have way fewer 'spells'.

Ultimately I wouldn't suggest it. Especially since Magus is also a mod. And it's immediately the better front-liner. Mystic is a mage. Magus is closer to if someone with good sense made EK
So maybe im stupid but I have the dual wielder feat and the two weapon fighting style with a 17 strength, but it wont let me equip a mace or flail in my off hand. here is a screen shot, I have 3284702364508 mods so excuse me lol
nUFbPKS.png