Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
So maybe im stupid but I have the dual wielder feat and the two weapon fighting style with a 17 strength, but it wont let me equip a mace or flail in my off hand. here is a screen shot, I have 3284702364508 mods so excuse me lol
nUFbPKS.png
weird. I don't know why it'd prevent that. Do the weapons have the 'heavy' trait? Can't dual-wield heavy weapons, even if they are one-handed.

When I'm off work later I'll do a quick respec on someone and see if I can replicate the issue. Might see if I can build a dual wielding mystic frontliner and see if I can see any potential issues ahead. I don't know why it's stopping you.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
weird. I don't know why it'd prevent that. Do the weapons have the 'heavy' trait? Can't dual-wield heavy weapons, even if they are one-handed.

When I'm off work later I'll do a quick respec on someone and see if I can replicate the issue. Might see if I can build a dual wielding mystic frontliner and see if I can see any potential issues ahead. I don't know why it's stopping you.
Ohhhh I was able to drag and drop the off hand weapon. Before I was trying to left click the off hand weapon slot and choose the options they had available. It works now

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Ohhhh I was able to drag and drop the off hand weapon. Before I was trying to left click the off hand weapon slot and choose the options they had available. It works now
oh yeah. Code still has it show the light weapons by default and there's no update for the GUI when you get dual weilder.

I'mma eat/exercise but I'll jump on and see if I can make a dual-wielding int attacker that'll work and the soonest it might not be self-gimping. If I find anything I'll update. I'm about 90% sure you'd be best of running Magus, but... gonna be rough stat-wise without doing some semi-sketchy stuff. Like... technically its possible to give a weapon Pact Weapon status and then have someone else use it, letting them use spellcasting stat as attack stat. But that's sketchy stuff. I want to try and do it legit. Magus 100% works if you're doing pure damage and don't give a shyt about spell save DC/being able to crowd-control.

You'd get more damage going high int Mystic and throwing hold person/monster on everything and letting something with extra attack get autocrits than anything you could do meleeing tbh, though. And there's ways to build Mystic to have never-ending psi points so you could mass-paralyze every battle.

Rayzah

Daps
oh yeah. Code still has it show the light weapons by default and there's no update for the GUI when you get dual weilder.

I'mma eat/exercise but I'll jump on and see if I can make a dual-wielding int attacker that'll work and the soonest it might not be self-gimping. If I find anything I'll update. I'm about 90% sure you'd be best of running Magus, but... gonna be rough stat-wise without doing some semi-sketchy stuff. Like... technically its possible to give a weapon Pact Weapon status and then have someone else use it, letting them use spellcasting stat as attack stat. But that's sketchy stuff. I want to try and do it legit. Magus 100% works if you're doing pure damage and don't give a shyt about spell save DC/being able to crowd-control.

You'd get more damage going high int Mystic and throwing hold person/monster on everything and letting something with extra attack get autocrits than anything you could do meleeing tbh, though. And there's ways to build Mystic to have never-ending psi points so you could mass-paralyze every battle.
I went ahead and installed magus. I went five levels into fighter to get extra attack and on level 6 I’m a drop into magus. I have the extended levels mod to go past level 12

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I went ahead and installed magus. I went five levels into fighter to get extra attack and on level 6 I’m a drop into magus. I have the extended levels mod to go past level 12
if you're going 5 into fighter anyway, may as well just run mystic for diversity. The first 3-5 levels of mystic as a late dip ain't worth the time it'd take to get online.
Especially since Magus technically gets a version of extra attack as it is. The 5 fighter levels are kinda redundant. Green Flame Blade -> extra spellstrike attack > attack -> extra attack from fighter. Does more damage, and does the same number of attacks.
If you're intent on a primary martial... go gloomstalker or hunter ranger. Hunter ranger with colossus slayer will actually give you dramatically more damage /rnd than fighter if you're just going to pivot into a caster. This is not accounting for second wind, but... I usually have a lower regard for that because I have yet to rest more than 12 times across all 3 acts in... 5 runs? If you rest more fighter pulls ahead further. Consistency though, an extra 1d8 on wounded enemies will beat it over time in a walk. Plus potential utility of longstrider and the other rng utility spells.

All this goes out the window if you start talking battle master fighter because of it's debuffing. But I'd say fighter isn't a great base class for a magus pivot unless you're going EK. But like... don't go EK please. It's bad.

Rayzah

Daps
if you're going 5 into fighter anyway, may as well just run mystic for diversity. The first 3-5 levels of mystic as a late dip ain't worth the time it'd take to get online.
Especially since Magus technically gets a version of extra attack as it is. The 5 fighter levels are kinda redundant. Green Flame Blade -> extra spellstrike attack > attack -> extra attack from fighter. Does more damage, and does the same number of attacks.
If you're intent on a primary martial... go gloomstalker or hunter ranger. Hunter ranger with colossus slayer will actually give you dramatically more damage /rnd than fighter if you're just going to pivot into a caster. This is not accounting for second wind, but... I usually have a lower regard for that because I have yet to rest more than 12 times across all 3 acts in... 5 runs? If you rest more fighter pulls ahead further. Consistency though, an extra 1d8 on wounded enemies will beat it over time in a walk. Plus potential utility of longstrider and the other rng utility spells.

All this goes out the window if you start talking battle master fighter because of it's debuffing. But I'd say fighter isn't a great base class for a magus pivot unless you're going EK. But like... don't go EK please. It's bad.
Interesting 🤔, I am definitely using battle master. I forgot to mention that I started off as hunter ranger with colossus slayer until about level 4 the. I was going to dip into mystic brute force to add a little flare. But I ended up respec.

Ok. I’m a just rock out with magus, I already did a gloom stalker on a previous playthrough, it was OP. And my first run was EK.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wouldn't want my Shadowheart to be a lesbian, but I was playing as a male character :yeshrug:

Elle is a more badass character than Shadowheart though. I'd pick her in a fight definitely. Shadowheart is kinda weak, but I used her as a healer.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wouldn't want my Shadowheart to be a lesbian, but I was playing as a male character :yeshrug:

Elle is a more badass character than Shadowheart though. I'd pick her in a fight definitely. Shadowheart is kinda weak, but I used her as a healer.

Shadowheart with Spirit Guardians + Blood of Lathander + some good shield perks >>>>>>>>

You can tank and kill people every turn and still heal your squad