Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I've decided to try a durge playthrough and I'm the worst evil breh in existence :snoop:

I can't be evil to save my life, out here still saving druids and tieflings, still destroying the goblin camp, fighting the urge...

We just gonna say I'm a scarred anti-hero :unimpressed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've decided to try a durge playthrough and I'm the worst evil breh in existence :snoop:

I can't be evil to save my life, out here still saving druids and tieflings, still destroying the goblin camp, fighting the urge...

Same problem i had lol

I guess thats how you know the games good as hell when you can’t even feel good about playing evil. I spent an entire month building friendships and bonds with these characters, i can’t just slaughter them and treat them bad now :mjcry:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

That’s the point of the game though, Dark urge is only your origin point and how you chose to play is entirely down to you. Don’t feel obligated to do certain things because of an assumed alignment. Besides through the course of the story based on your choice something interesting could happen in the Dark Urge playthrough.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
That’s the point of the game though, Dark urge is only your origin point and how you chose to play is entirely down to you. Don’t feel obligated to do certain things because of an assumed alignment. Besides through the course of the story based on your choice something interesting could happen in the Dark Urge playthrough.
Great post but I thought I read u would have some negative outcomes based on not following dark urge? Maybe u can mitigate those in ways I wouldn't be surprised

I have the same moral dilemmas as other poster and don't feel like I could do an evil play through.

Larian keeps stats on this and found very few ppl prefer evil game style which is encouraging :obama:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Yea I struggle with being a super a$$hole for no reason. Like there is no one in. The game I hate enough to be evil to. I understand everyone’s point of view and I don’t want to screw anyone over smh at me being soft. I didn’t save the Tieflings and I legit felt bad about pissing of Karlach. Like I’ve never had this problem in a game before

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Yea I struggle with being a super a$$hole for no reason. Like there is no one in. The game I hate enough to be evil to. I understand everyone’s point of view and I don’t want to screw anyone over smh at me being soft. I didn’t save the Tieflings and I legit felt bad about pissing of Karlach. Like I’ve never had this problem in a game before
It's because we rarely ( many, never ) have seen characters developed so fully before in a video game. U think of them as real ppl :francis:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I just
Killed the spider queen
:wow:
Phase spider? Man, I missed this completely on my first playthrough. I stumbled into that fight and wasn't ready. Hadn't even done a short rest before :snoop:.

Luckily I used it's spiderweb bridges against it. Burned them anytime it teleported to them and hurt it big time. Fire arrowed the eggs after getting surprised with that first batch :picard:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Great post but I thought I read u would have some negative outcomes based on not following dark urge? Maybe u can mitigate those in ways I wouldn't be surprised

I have the same moral dilemmas as other poster and don't feel like I could do an evil play through.

Larian keeps stats on this and found very few ppl prefer evil game style which is encouraging :obama:

Not sure what you read but you can go full Dark Urge or you can choose to redeem yourself towards the end of the Dark Urge play through.

It has two very different outcomes.

Fred.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Phase spider? Man, I missed this completely on my first playthrough. I stumbled into that fight and wasn't ready. Hadn't even done a short rest before :snoop:.

Luckily I used it's spiderweb bridges against it. Burned them anytime it teleported to them and hurt it big time. Fire arrowed the eggs after getting surprised with that first batch :picard:
Shyt was not easy but I knocked her off a web which took 50 HP and then it was just concentrating attacks on her. Also killed her eggs before so she had no help

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

Like hex said you can chose, the only negative outcome would be not getting a certain something that is associated to chaotic evil. Then again you wouldn’t want it because you are apprehensive about playing that alignment. The Dark urge origin is great and depending on how you play it can lead to a great redemption story.

I spun my own story based on the freedom of choices this game offers…dam what a beautiful game truly my GOAT.:mjcry:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Finally continued this after a bit of a hiatus after starting. Got Lazael, Gale, and Wyll in my camp now.

Just found Nettie and tell me why Lazael is ready to bust it open now :dead:

Shadowheart is definitely going to disapprove this shyt :lolbron:

I'm trying to link up with Karlach though :ohhh:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
brehs. I finally did it.
My mod list broke triple digits.

I am a single un-updated mod from bricking this latest playthrough.
So I'm racing Larian at this point. I want to see this run through. It's the blessed run, finally.

Wyll is a Hexblade with dreads. Minthara got a facelift. Shadowheart and Lae'zel are quietly comfortable being dual sidechicks . I'm finally not morally obligated to let Dammon die. Karlach said she loves the protag. Squad suited and booted for every outing with top-tier outfits/dyes. Bosses getting one-rounded left right and center. Gale hasn't left camp since I pulled him out the runic circle. Made Lae'zel a proper gish with psychic powers then crushed her in the love-duel in 2 attacks. Haven't used an illithid dialogue option all game and I ain't unlock the tadpole menu until Minthara got rescued and it force-unlocked it. Finally got it set so Paladin isn't the most damage you can get in melee. Everyone with a personal god gonna end this run atheist af. Might even fukk around and use Halsin for the first time ever :blessed:

...Kidding. I'mma sacrifice that weirdo at the altar of Orin like I do every playthrough.

I regret not using the sunlight nuke, but everything else is beautiful.

Now I just need them to not update the game before christmas and ruin this :mjcry: Rafael post-update with 1300~ HP from Tac+ about to be a pain in the ass. I'mma need the extra time.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I am not going to be updating this mod anymore.

The update with custom AI for all animals and companions as well as bug fixes is done but I will not be releasing it.

About a month ago I applied for a job with Larian, not expecting to be hired but excited all the same.

All I received was an automated rejection message.

That’s fine, but why would I work on a mod for a company who don’t even have the decency to reply to me as a human?

fukk you Larian, I’m not wasting my free time towards the success of people like you. Your AI would have been outdated in the 90’s, never mind today. And I am not going to fix it for you anymore.

I'm sorry, but :dead: