Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
if you like him cool

but he sacrificed as a kid? that don't work both ways. mizora used him straight up. and as he gets older, he tries to take advantage of that by becoming the 'blade of frontiers' and its fighting goblins here and there and being a hypocrite to kids that are trying to learn how to fight *without* a devil charging their batteries.

every feat of his prior to meeting the main party is an embellishment and every challenge something he couldn't process by himself.

if he was going to save any frontiers, he'd accomplish more where he ran from

he is a coward and a liar. he's also a victim. /
i stand on him making warlocks look like powerless, gullible puppets
To be honest I agree with your last point about him making Warlocks look a certain way. You don’t have to like him but he certainly has a great story arc hence why I disagreed with your initial comment about him sucking. Besides I don’t think he has the weakest story arc in the party.:whoo: I won’t say who I think that title is reserved for as I will probably have the whole of the Arcadium out with pitchforks.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
if you like him cool

but he sacrificed as a kid? that don't work both ways. mizora used him straight up. and as he gets older, he tries to take advantage of that by becoming the 'blade of frontiers' and its fighting goblins here and there and being a hypocrite to kids that are trying to learn how to fight *without* a devil charging their batteries.

every feat of his prior to meeting the main party is an embellishment and every challenge something he couldn't process by himself.

if he was going to save any frontiers, he'd accomplish more where he ran from

he is a coward and a liar. he's also a victim. /
i stand on him making warlocks look like powerless, gullible puppets

Damn you ain’t have to unleash the flutes on the breh :picard:

I ain’t gonna lie tho I did his full questline but breh was straight up bench warmer status once I replaced him with Astarian

There can only be 1 Warlock breh named Will in my party and he spells his shyt proper :mjpls:

Woulda smashed Mizora too if my game didn’t glitch :sadcam:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I liked Wyll, but I see all of your points. I thought he was acting selflessly, to be honest, but maybe I misread that :jbhmm:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Wyll catchin all kinda shots right now :pachaha:

DH9ihwL.gif

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn you ain’t have to unleash the flutes on the breh :picard:

I ain’t gonna lie tho I did his full questline but breh was straight up bench warmer status once I replaced him with Astarian

There can only be 1 Warlock breh named Will in my party and he spells his shyt proper :mjpls:

Woulda smashed Mizora too if my game didn’t glitch :sadcam:

At first I was rocking with Astarion heavy. Then he started acting like a true cac vampire and taking shyt a little too far sometimes. Like chill buddy I'm down for the murder game too but you wanna kill nikkas just because they collateral damage :whoa:

I knew Mizora demon cheeks would be fire the way she was talkin. I love that spicy shyt :wow:

But don't get too brave bytch my dagger got holy water and unlike Wyll I spray with no hesi :umad:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Mod list is at 80 now :snoop:

All my people beautiful.
Mod to be able to change Origin character appearances done changed everything. I might do a non-custom character.

...after run 5 tho :wow: Tac++ with this group finna be a movie. Wyll got dreads, a beard and a non-shytty class patron, Jenevelle actually has dark eyes and less chin, Lae'zel got non-caucasian lips and a tan, Alfira finally in the party as camp DJ :blessed:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Mod list is at 80 now :snoop:

All my people beautiful.
Mod to be able to change Origin character appearances done changed everything. I might do a non-custom character.

...after run 5 tho :wow: Tac++ with this group finna be a movie. Wyll got dreads, a beard and a non-shytty class patron, Jenevelle actually has dark eyes and less chin, Lae'zel got non-caucasian lips and a tan, Alfira finally in the party as camp DJ :blessed:

80! Dang mane

:patrice:what would you say are your top 10? Not trying to change gameplay up drastically, but might play with the idea of some mods on this next playthrough.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
80! Dang mane

:patrice:what would you say are your top 10? Not trying to change gameplay up drastically, but might play with the idea of some mods on this next playthrough.
at bare minimum, 5e spells is a hit. Adds a bunch of additional spells. Also adds the alternate version of the darkness spell that can be attached to an item for a duration. Really just acts like a timed AoE blind but... getting to skip invisiblity for just running around in a mobile shadow is comedy. Plus it fleshes out the cantrip list so it's not basically 'eldritch blast or what are you even doing'.

The last like, 20 mods I put in were purely appearance mods through. some gameplay tweaks. a couple mods that add random loot were cool as well. Mainly adding a variety of cloaks and rings since the vanilla selection for a long while is kinda meh.

5e spells + some class mods can refresh a class you've played but may have bored of. I'm running Warlock again like my 1st full playthrough, but as a hexblade with smites now.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Just want to remind everyone of some game lore that Larian wasn't particularly vocal about: Basically, outside of Lae'zel, everyone in the party got nerfed by the tadpole. Shadowheart was a Sharran assassin trained for over a decade like some high fantasy sleeper operative, Wyll had some actual renown and theoretically saved the city - hell, they said he ran the fade with what? 20-1 odds over the
Dragon attack
, Karlach was the primary hitter for an Archdevil, and Gale was quite literally Mystra's Chosen. We see all sorts of Chosen throughout BG3 and those are Chosen of functionally lesser gods than, ya know... the goddess of magic.

Whole squad got tadpoled and depowered down to level 1 status :picard: Lae'zel was an untested Githyanki but basically everyone else was famous or infamous of the own accord. And if anyone got hit by the nerfstick the hardest, it was a Dark Urge origin character :huhldup: cuz went from an Act III questline-ending boss fight tier character to getting hemmed up by goblins.

Cut Wyll some slack. He's trash and I've literally never had him in a party long enough to have that nikka level one time in 5 playthroughs... but mans isn't completely weak.

He's just an idiot.

Like every fiend warlock. Forgotten Realms has the same stigma against 'selling your soul to a devil' as we got, and that dumbass still went on head and did it anyways. And not even to a high-tier demon, neither. Nah. He sold his shyt to Mizora - Zariel's under-underboss. Mizora was equal rank to Karlach ffs - shoulda just sold his body to Muscle Mommy and cut out the middleman :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why the breh getting so much flack?
He saved the city and got disowned by his father and still set out to do good :francis: