Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
bro is a dweeb to the point where he makes all warlocks look like pitiful victims of circumstance :francis:
I am not saying his the coolest companion to grace the game but he most definitely doesn’t suck especially if you get his full story.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm confused about "Knock Out" so knock out treats it as kill? Or they still alive? I can't even kill knocked out

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm confused about "Knock Out" so knock out treats it as kill? Or they still alive? I can't even kill knocked out
Knock out isn't supposed to treat it as a kill i.e. the character is simply incapacitated but not eliminated from the story.

Like Gizmo said it doesn't really matter by and large... except for one specific instance that i mentioned earlier in spoilers where the knockout option was previously bugged (it treated the act as a kill) and so it screwed you over from having certain story options/key companions. That's what the last patch fixed.

And also, for any character you knock out you can typically go back and kill any of them while their knocked out, with some special exceptions i suppose.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s a couple story scenarios where it won’t let you kill an NPC in battle because there’s some kind of scene/dialogue afterwards
95% of the time it doesn’t matter
Knock out isn't supposed to treat it as a kill i.e. the character is simply incapacitated but not eliminated from the story.

Like Gizmo said it doesn't really matter by and large... except for one specific instance that i mentioned earlier in spoilers where the knockout option was previously bugged (it treated the act as a kill) and so it screwed you over from having certain story options/key companions. That's what the last patch fixed.

And also, for any character you knock out you can typically go back and kill any of them while their knocked out, with some special exceptions i suppose.

Oh okay, I get it

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
A p*ssy who as a young boy made the ultimate sacrifice to save his city and people…yeah what a p*ssy.
he didn't knowingly 'sacrifice' :dead: dude legit got finessed at a young age

and once you know the full story, his whole intro and demeanor makes him just look ridiculous lol. dude is really training tiefling kids on some "you just gotta believe in yourself" shyt like a jackass. all kinds of strive for an ideal but don't actually ask me how much of a hypocrite i am stuff.

every single time he speaks up about a tadpole i was :dahell::aicmon::childplease: at dude.

i was genuinly hoping dude was evil by the end and that it was all an act lmao

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
he didn't knowingly 'sacrifice' :dead: dude legit got finessed at a young age

and once you know the full story, his whole intro and demeanor makes him just look ridiculous lol. dude is really training tiefling kids on some "you just gotta believe in yourself" shyt like a jackass. all kinds of strive for an ideal but don't actually ask me how much of a hypocrite i am stuff.

every single time he speaks up about a tadpole i was :dahell::aicmon::childplease: at dude.

i was genuinly hoping dude was evil by the end and that it was all an act lmao
:gucci:
Mizora basically layed it on the table for him “your soul for the power to save your city”. And the fact that Baldurs gate still stands during the course of the game speaks volumes. He took out the cultist and then was banished by his own father not knowing the extent his son had went through to preserve his legacy. I will give you this though that Wyll was naively optimistic, then again his a folk hero what with him being dubbed the Blade of Frontiers so in line with his character.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:gucci:
Mizora basically layed it on the table for him “your soul for the power to save your city”. And the fact that Baldurs gate still stands during the course of the game speaks volumes. He took out the cultist and then was banished by his own father not knowing the extent his son had went through to preserve his legacy. I will give you this though that Wyll was naively optimistic, then again his a folk hero what with him being dubbed the Blade of Frontiers so in line with his character.
you didn't get the whole story :huhldup:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I completed Wyll entire quest line, enlighten me on what I missed.:comeon:
The cult's timing was a setup and presented the opportunity to put a shift in the Ravengard house at the time - and the way that Wyll tells it, they'd have wiped out BG. That's not entirely true or likely. That's a theme with all of Wyll's retellings and if you go full a$$hole in some of the dialogue options, you'll see the cracks in the story are all because he makes deliberate efforts to big up himself whether its fighting goons or putting it all on the line.

He is not just naive, he is not just bound by a contract when it comes to what he can or can't say - Wyll is objectively liar and a narcissist on top of that. Even if he is good natured. Mizora will even open up about exactly how malleable he is dude to his convenient hypocrisy if you decide to:

plainly sacrifice the duke

He'd have been better off being secretly evil the same way that Karlach would've been better off cheating on the MC because she wants any physical interaction not just the MC's specifically.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The cult's timing was a setup and presented the opportunity to put a shift in the Ravengard house at the time - and the way that Wyll tells it, they'd have wiped out BG. That's not entirely true or likely. That's a theme with all of Wyll's retellings and if you go full a$$hole in some of the dialogue options, you'll see the cracks in the story are all because he makes deliberate efforts to big up himself whether its fighting goons or putting it all on the line.

He is not just naive, he is not just bound by a contract when it comes to what he can or can't say - Wyll is objectively liar and a narcissist on top of that. Even if he is good natured. Mizora will even open up about exactly how malleable he is dude to his convenient hypocrisy if you decide to:

plainly sacrifice the duke

He'd have been better off being secretly evil the same way that Karlach would've been better off cheating on the MC because she wants any physical interaction not just the MC's specifically.
It’s not about what led to his decision but the decision itself, we know that any deals with devils are not as simple as they seem the game constantly tells us that. Hell Mizora was probably behind the cultist herself. The thing is in that manipulation Wyll still makes a selfless sacrifice, how feasible was it that the cultist would succeed in summoning Tiamat? We don’t know but the threat was real enough to Wyll.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It’s not about what led to his decision but the decision itself, we know that any deals with devils are not as simple as they seem the game constantly tells us that. Hell Mizora was probably behind the cultist herself. The thing is in that manipulation Wyll still makes a selfless sacrifice, how feasible was it that the cultist would succeed in summoning Tiamat? We don’t know but the threat was real enough to Wyll.
if you like him cool

but he sacrificed as a kid? that don't work both ways. mizora used him straight up. and as he gets older, he tries to take advantage of that by becoming the 'blade of frontiers' and its fighting goblins here and there and being a hypocrite to kids that are trying to learn how to fight *without* a devil charging their batteries.

every feat of his prior to meeting the main party is an embellishment and every challenge something he couldn't process by himself.

if he was going to save any frontiers, he'd accomplish more where he ran from

he is a coward and a liar. he's also a victim. /
i stand on him making warlocks look like powerless, gullible puppets