Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
What was the point of arcane tower? I went through all them puzzles to get a few potions ?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Screw this game for not having a physical version during Target buy 2 get 1 free week. This Mario Wonder and Spider-Man 2 would have worked for me.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Screw this game for not having a physical version during Target buy 2 get 1 free week. This Mario Wonder and Spider-Man 2 would have worked for me.

It's an all time great single player game with no microtransactions. You either gonna cough up that $70 for the digital version with no complaints or you're just not gonna play it :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
F-SL35IXwAAQCC-

:mjgrin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's an all time great single player game with no microtransactions. You either gonna cough up that $70 for the digital version with no complaints or you're just not gonna play it :yeshrug:
I got Star Ocean 2 to start. I can wait. Not all that much into buying $70 games anymore unless it’s a franchise I’m really into.

Rayzah

Daps
I got Star Ocean 2 to start. I can wait. Not all that much into buying $70 games anymore unless it’s a franchise I’m really into.
You won’t understand why it’s so good until you play it. It’s one of those games that doesn’t sound like it’s a big deal until you get into it. I never played star ocean but I have played tons of JRPG and I think you would enjoys this more. Spend the $70 this game is worth it

Rayzah

Daps
:huhldup:
Objectively untrue in BG3
Ranger has one of the higher damage potentials of the martial classes. Fighter only beats it at 11 and Paladin only wins because... it's fukking Paladin and cheats :francis: Divine Smite with level 5 spell slots needs to be nerfed.

They just... are kinda terribly designed on face value. Ranger basically the tabletop Rogue in BG3 - you gotta know precisely what you're doing or you're gonna be ass. But if you know precisely what you're doing... well.

I respeced Shadowheart into a monk/ranger on my second playthrough and have been soloing combats with her while the rest of the party is out trying to talk their way through things.

She routinely ends up waiting on everyone else to catch up to her and her pile of dead bodies :mjlol:

Worst (sub)classes in BG3 are Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster and I will literally die on this hill.
Damn I’m doing an Eldritch knight build based on a YouTube recommendation

However I am feeling like it’s a little redundant since I got two magic users and two mele fighters. I was considering a sniper long range build. Maybe rouge and ranger or something idk

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Damn I’m doing an Eldritch knight build based on a YouTube recommendation

However I am feeling like it’s a little redundant since I got two magic users and two mele fighters. I was considering a sniper long range build. Maybe rouge and ranger or something idk
Battlemaster Fighter better for CC
Champion Fighter better for... um... 5% higher crit rate I guess? :yeshrug:
vanilla EK and AT are dogwater tho. They're 1/3 casters, and as an EK, if you're casting spells you're neutering your own damage. Zero spells an EK can cast by level 11 will do more damage than just... hitting something with a weapon 3x.

Battlemaster is honestly the runaway winner for fighter subclass and it's not even close.

If you're trying to range-snipe something but want the utility of occasionally throwing an actually useful spell out... sounds like you need to be a Warlock. Eldritch Blast spam with occasional crowd control works wonders. Did my first playthrough as a lock and, with creative potion use, I did all of act 2 without long resting once.

It's a terrible idea story-wise.

But the bugbear in Moonrise sells short-rest-potions, and that pretty much fully restores a warlock's resources.

It's sad but warlock is the best ranged class in the game. Ain't a single bow/crossbow in the vanilla files that gets near the damage output :francis: That said, they're CHR casters, so...will make it easier to have your main character be the one talking to all the NPCs and leading the dialogues, since they'd at least have a chance of passing dialogue checks.

Warlock isn't my favorite class, but I'll be damned if it isn't the most versatile in this game in a walk. Only thing that comes close is Paladin, but they run into massive issues with enemies you can't walk right up on. Ignoring those though, they're basically the anti-warlock: them motherfukkers are shotguns with legs. Massive damage, but the minute you're out of spell slots... vincecarteritsover.gif

Nothing in the game touches their one-hit damage though. Nothing. A paladin with a lvl 3 spell slot can outdamage Disintegrate. A lvl 6 spell.

Just... make sure your enemies don't reflect radiant damage :picard: Watched a friend get hit for 200 damage on their own turn :mjlol:

Rayzah

Daps
Battlemaster Fighter better for CC
Champion Fighter better for... um... 5% higher crit rate I guess? :yeshrug:
vanilla EK and AT are dogwater tho. They're 1/3 casters, and as an EK, if you're casting spells you're neutering your own damage. Zero spells an EK can cast by level 11 will do more damage than just... hitting something with a weapon 3x.

Battlemaster is honestly the runaway winner for fighter subclass and it's not even close.

If you're trying to range-snipe something but want the utility of occasionally throwing an actually useful spell out... sounds like you need to be a Warlock. Eldritch Blast spam with occasional crowd control works wonders. Did my first playthrough as a lock and, with creative potion use, I did all of act 2 without long resting once.

It's a terrible idea story-wise.

But the bugbear in Moonrise sells short-rest-potions, and that pretty much fully restores a warlock's resources.

It's sad but warlock is the best ranged class in the game. Ain't a single bow/crossbow in the vanilla files that gets near the damage output :francis: That said, they're CHR casters, so...will make it easier to have your main character be the one talking to all the NPCs and leading the dialogues, since they'd at least have a chance of passing dialogue checks.

Warlock isn't my favorite class, but I'll be damned if it isn't the most versatile in this game in a walk. Only thing that comes close is Paladin, but they run into massive issues with enemies you can't walk right up on. Ignoring those though, they're basically the anti-warlock: them motherfukkers are shotguns with legs. Massive damage, but the minute you're out of spell slots... vincecarteritsover.gif

Nothing in the game touches their one-hit damage though. Nothing. A paladin with a lvl 3 spell slot can outdamage Disintegrate. A lvl 6 spell.

Just... make sure your enemies don't reflect radiant damage :picard: Watched a friend get hit for 200 damage on their own turn :mjlol:
I appreciate the tips, I did some research and I think I’m a go with this

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I appreciate the tips, I did some research and I think I’m a go with this

you could. It's a great burst class. But remember the post you initially quoted - Gloomstalker is terrible if you don't know what you're doing and how to set fights up before you engage in them. Does less damage than Hunter over an extended fight. Breaks even with beastmaster in damage done by round 3 and never gets near beastmaster's survivability.

If it's your first play through the game I wouldn't suggest it. Intel is key and knowing fights that are coming helps the class not be... terrible. But if you decide to do it, feel free to hit me. I'm in the middle of my third gloomstalker run and first lone wolf ranger run; for better or worse I know the class.