Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ain't beat the game yet but as far as the endings apparently they're adding more prologues via updates.

You could argue it should've been in the game day 1 but :yeshrug: it's not as if you can't load a save super late in the game and just check them out.

Fred.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I ain't beat the game yet but as far as the endings apparently they're adding more prologues via updates.

You could argue it should've been in the game day 1 but :yeshrug: it's not as if you can't load a save super late in the game and just check them out.

Fred.
I did a save just before the final hit. So i'm golden :banderas:

However... starting all over at Level 1 for another play through? With spider-man 2 out in 2 weeks and nba opening night in 3 weeks? :francis:

And I still gotta finally try this Cyber Punk game out, now that ppl say it's top knotch :francis:

Tough times.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I did a save just before the final hit. So i'm golden :banderas:

However... starting all over at Level 1 for another play through? With spider-man 2 out in 2 weeks and nba opening night in 3 weeks? :francis:

And I still gotta finally try this Cyber Punk game out, now that ppl say it's top knotch :francis:

Tough times.
I'm in the same boat. I got gamer fatigue after playing BG3. I haven't even started Starfield yet. The thought of playing another 100 hour game kinda has me like :patrice: right now.

I'm really looking forward to Alan Wake 2 and Spider-man 2. I like me some shorter games after playing such a long one like BG3. After I beat the Cyberpunk DLC, Alan Wake 2, and Spider-Man 2, I'm jumping into Starfield.

The BG3 and Starfield timing was just bad for me, in my opinion. Those games are too long and epic to be released damn near at the same time. But, I guess that's a good problem to have. 2023 has been a great year for gaming. The best in a while. I don't play Zelda games (I just don't find them fun), but that came out this year as well, and people love that game too.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm in the same boat. I got gamer fatigue after playing BG3. I haven't even started Starfield yet. The thought of playing another 100 hour game kinda has me like :patrice: right now.

I'm really looking forward to Alan Wake 2 and Spider-man 2. I like me some shorter games after playing such a long one like BG3. After I beat the Cyberpunk DLC, Alan Wake 2, and Spider-Man 2, I'm jumping into Starfield.

The BG3 and Starfield timing was just bad for me, in my opinion. Those games are too long and epic to be released damn near at the same time. But, I guess that's a good problem to have. 2023 has been a great year for gaming. The best in a while. I don't play Zelda games (I just don't find them fun), but that came out this year as well, and people love that game too.

Exactly. Fatigue is the right word after BG3, and agreed it's a good problem. I felt the same way last year after playing Elden Ring, i spent a good couple months on it to the point where i forgot i'd even bought Horizon Forbidden West the week before ER came out. And after 180+ hours on ER, I just didn't have the energy to revisit H:FW for a while.

I was actually gonna buy an xbox just to play starfield but i may revisit that in 2024 bc i ain't gon have the energy. I already get the impression Cyberpunk is gonna be my next 100+ hour game and i may not start that ish until December or something.

Until then, I'm gonna just see what Spidey 2 is talkin about and maybe MK1 for their campaign / story mode. Basically same as you where i'll probably appreciate these shorter games more inbetween the behemoths.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Exactly. Fatigue is the right word after BG3, and agreed it's a good problem. I felt the same way last year after playing Elden Ring, i spent a good couple months on it to the point where i forgot i'd even bought Horizon Forbidden West the week before ER came out. And after 180+ hours on ER, I just didn't have the energy to revisit H:FW for a while.

I was actually gonna buy an xbox just to play starfield but i may revisit that in 2024 bc i ain't gon have the energy. I already get the impression Cyberpunk is gonna be my next 100+ hour game and i may not start that ish until December or something.

Until then, I'm gonna just see what Spidey 2 is talkin about and maybe MK1 for their campaign / story mode. Basically same as you where i'll probably appreciate these shorter games more inbetween the behemoths.
You're so right about Elden Ring. I got gamer fatigue after that as well. These smaller games are gonna be nice until I play Starfield.

If you haven't played Cyberpunk at all, you need to. I loved that game (I played like 150 hours when it was first released). I've been playing nothing these past few weeks, but I'm gonna jump on the Cyberpunk DLC tonight.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
not really sure what i did wrong, but cleared out the main room in the goblin camp and both wyll and Karlach left the party :francis:
dog that's me in this game. I unintentionally Larry David my way into making everyone angry and beat up whoever's most mad about it.

Also wild how this story can vary for everybody because I am through to the Underdark and only have seen Wyll (cutscene) and Karlach (unreachable part of map) but never recruited them obviously

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So my Duke quest finally updated....

Finally got the message from Mizora that Wyll's father died and she offered to resurrect him if Wyll renewed his pact.

No idea how/when he died, and the quest log never updated. The "Save The Duke" quest just disappeared from the log.

It's not that big of a deal, as you can assume if you openly oppose Gortash (don't attend his coronation, which is why he needed the Duke in the first place, or start the "Save The Gondians/Iron Throne/Steel Watch" questlines) he kills the Duke since he no longer has any use for him.

An explanation would've been nice though.

Fred.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So my Duke quest finally updated....

Finally got the message from Mizora that Wyll's father died and she offered to resurrect him if Wyll renewed his pact.

No idea how/when he died, and the quest log never updated. The "Save The Duke" quest just disappeared from the log.

It's not that big of a deal, as you can assume if you openly oppose Gortash (don't attend his coronation, which is why he needed the Duke in the first place, or start the "Save The Gondians/Iron Throne/Steel Watch" questlines) he kills the Duke since he no longer has any use for him.

An explanation would've been nice though.

Fred.
You’re missing some Emperor lore by not saving the Duke. Also, you miss fighting an undead dragon that drops some good equipment. Basically, I’ll spoiler this again if you don’t want to know,
The emperor started the city of Baldur’s Gate and was the fabled Baldarian

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You’re missing some Emperor lore by not saving the Duke. Also, you miss fighting an undead dragon that drops some good equipment. Basically, I’ll spoiler this again if you don’t want to know,
The emperor started the city of Baldur’s Gate and was the fabled Baldarian

I actually accidentally found that area/dragon.

Don't remember how exactly, but there's a passage that leads to the same area and the torches you need to hit with lightning.

I had to Google what to do (since I found the area but ran into a dead end, which is where those torches are) then everything played out like you said.

I had no idea the Duke was even a part of that. :mjlol:

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I actually accidentally found that area/dragon.

Don't remember how exactly, but there's a passage that leads to the same area and the torches you need to hit with lightning.

I had to Google what to do (since I found the area but ran into a dead end, which is where those torches are) then everything played out like you said.

I had no idea the Duke was even a part of that. :mjlol:

Fred.

Yeah you can find it without the Duke but after saving him he pretty much gives you directions on how to get there and mentions the lightning on the fire/torches.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can’t believe I’m almost at 200 hours total gameplay. Currently around 50 hours on my Durge play through. I haven’t been this invested in a game in years. Definitely modern classics and GOAT contender

It will easily win GOTY now that more time has passed between this and Zelda. I feel like gaming media/journalist love these kind of games and the narrative around what was deemed as an “underdog” rising up.

I liked ToTK but someone described it perfectly for me, it felt more like a reimagining of BoTW than an actual sequel and i think thats gonna hurt it during award season when competing against this.