Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the Duke....

The quest log says something like "The Duke has been infected and taken to Baldur's Gate".

So it hasn't updated at all. Still haven't went to fight Gortash as he's the last one left and I have other stuff to do.

Also this is obviously nitpicking but The Emperor being Balduran was kinda silly. Not a big deal either way but your guide being a mindflayer was already a decent twist, we didn't need another twist on top of it.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
As far as the Duke....

The quest log says something like "The Duke has been infected and taken to Baldur's Gate".

So it hasn't updated at all. Still haven't went to fight Gortash as he's the last one left and I have other stuff to do.

Also this is obviously nitpicking but The Emperor being Balduran was kinda silly. Not a big deal either way but your guide being a mindflayer was already a decent twist, we didn't need another twist on top of it.

Fred.

I agree, it didn't carry much weight when I learned he was Balduran. Just made it easier for me to decide on freeing Orpheus. I was like you've already lived a good life and got a city named after you you'll be iight :sas2:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As far as the Duke....

Fred.

Just wait :lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
106 hrs to finish this first go and I already can't wait to hop in with a new character.
I'm in BG rn and been slow rolling cause I don't want it to end yet :sadcam:

But this is probably the first game I ever played where I'm already thinking about a replay as I'm playing it.

Larian killed it!

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just beat my first play through. 126 hours.
Incredible experience. :whew:

Never played a d&d game before... tho tbf it reminded me of a suped up amalgm of final fantasy tactics (gameplay-wise) and mass effect 2 (choice driven compaign/companions). Hell, the legit different endings based on your choices reminded me of what mass effect 3 was critized for not being a decade ago lol.

I had my black hero named Harlem on the straight (pun intended) and narrow. Romanced Shadowheart but fukked the blue gargoyle demon bytch too. I knew Wyll was probably calling me a c00n for that but i did it for the culture :manny:
you know us Houston nyggas ain't shyt :manny:

The Shadowheart romance and her entire story arc was wholesome tho. I got the ending dialogue with her at the end of my play through.

I am a bit bummed that
There's no new game+ mode. You have to start from scratch/level 1. Hopefully in the future there will be some form of DLC.

Elden Ring was my 2022 GOTY

BG3 is my 2023 GOTY

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Just finished the night song quest, whooped Balthazar’s ass and was ready to free the nightsong. I’m begging shadowheart not to kill her and what does this stupid bytch do?

:beli:

I just charge it to the game and decide to go to Last Light Inn to sell a bunch of loot and see my boy Dammon. Soon as I pull up everybody is undead. I’m at the point where the next time shadowheart dies in battle I’m not even bring her back, she can rot. My next playthrough I’m just gonna merk her ass off rip.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just finished the night song quest, whooped Balthazar’s ass and was ready to free the nightsong. I’m begging shadowheart not to kill her and what does this stupid bytch do?

:beli:

I just charge it to the game and decide to go to Last Light Inn to sell a bunch of loot and see my boy Dammon. Soon as I pull up everybody is undead. I’m at the point where the next time shadowheart dies in battle I’m not even bring her back, she can rot. My next playthrough I’m just gonna merk her ass off rip.
Your Shadowheart was completely different than mine. In my playthrough she was kind and helpful. She didn't kill Nightsong, she switched religions, she helped kill the Shar leader, and I romanced her. I guess we made completely different choices in the game for your Shadowheart to be like that. Ineresting. It's cool that there is so much variance though based on your choices

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i would love to see someone play through this game with no guides and no save scumming. Just straight up accepting whatever consequences come to you.

I think i would have had to finish the game with new characters from withers, and no one to recruit at the end. I think every single one of my characters got perma’d at least once
Yeah, that would be very interesting. I think you would most definitely get bad outcomes. The game almost makes you save scumm. I save scummed like crazy throughout the whole game to get the outcomes I wanted. It was like a (sometimes annoying) gameplay feature. Going full consequences, no save scumming, would be very interesting though.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What's y'all funniest moment in this game?

My favorite is when Mizora first pulled up in camp and I chose to react with "Delicious :shaq: "

Will and Karlach: :angry:
Definitely walking into that shed with the small ogre fukking the big one :dead:

Edit: Also the windmill guy flying off the building because I pulled the wrong lever the first time. :dead:

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Your Shadowheart was completely different than mine. In my playthrough she was kind and helpful. She didn't kill Nightsong, she switched religions, she helped kill the Shar leader, and I romanced her. I guess we made completely different choices in the game for your Shadowheart to be like that. Ineresting. It's cool that there is so much variance though based on your choices

I loaded up a save to figure this one out. Apparently if you try to persuade her she’ll kill nightsong. If you let her do whatever she wants to do without trying to convince her to spare her then she’ll drop the spear and free her.

What’s cracking me up is that no one in camp gave a fukk that I killed shadowheart :pachaha:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I'm in BG rn and been slow rolling cause I don't want it to end yet :sadcam:

But this is probably the first game I ever played where I'm already thinking about a replay as I'm playing it.

Larian killed it!
This is the thing with this game, trust you are not the first to say that neither will you be the last. You know a game is special when we are in an age where people talk about some games being too long but with this one no one wants it to end.

Larian needs to drop DLC as the people demand it. Game is just that good, anything these guys drop is now day 1 for me unless they majorly fukk up (CDPR).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is the thing with this game, trust you are not the first to say that neither will you be the last. You know a game is special when we are in an age where people talk about some games being too long but with this one no one wants it to end.

Larian needs to drop DLC as the people demand it. Game is just that good, anything these guys drop is now day 1 for me unless they majorly fukk up (CDPR).

I seriously doubt they fukk up, this ain't their 1st or even 2nd game like this.

Both "Divinity: Original Sin" and the sequel are along the same lines as this. This is like those games on steroids but the blueprint and quality was there in 2014.

Fred.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I seriously doubt they fukk up, this ain't their 1st or even 2nd game like this.

Both "Divinity: Original Sin" and the sequel are along the same lines as this. This is like those games on steroids but the blueprint and quality was there in 2014.

Fred.
Long may they reign, they should take their time with their next game which is most likely DOS3.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Reading some of your comments from the last few pages, I agree with the ending.

Felt like they could’ve done a bit more there after all the effort put in the build up and journey

Combat wise, the classes were fun and mostly unique but tbh when it was “winning time”, fighter / sorcerer / wizard / cleric became OP real quick for me, no multi classing needed.

I was a fighter and at higher levels you basically get 5-7 turns to chop a mfer up. Disarm ‘em, prone ‘em, lacerate ‘em, critical ‘em. Got some of them accessory tools/spells like Misty Step and Haste… and I was lookin at the opps like you can’t run :shaq:

Sorcerer is self explanatory with twin magic + disintegrate or whatever fukkery spells, but Cleric a beast too. Perfect pairing with Fighter.

Shadowheart out here :coffee: on the sidelines with Sanctuary casting Hold or Hold Monster on the main boss for my character to cutdown, while her Djinn summon smacks the light work off ledges, and then she reanimates mfers we killed into zombies to add to my team, and can still summon spiritual weapons and cast area elemental damage/sleep spells/healing/buffs:mjlol: