Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah it took me about 4-5 tries to figure out a way to get them all.

But those Gondions in the steelwatch factory? Eff them suicidal ashy oompa loompas. Out here putting in work to save them and they use AoE spells that hurt themselves and misty stepping into exploding steel watch soliders. :stopitslime:
yeah, they throwing grease and acid arrows everywhere. like yo, sit back, I got this :whoa:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
rescued "most" of the prisoners. I could see it was gonna take some save scumming, better planning, and luck, to rescue everyone. kind of sucks none of the prisoners get their last turn after your last character enters the sub
Yeah it took me about 4-5 tries to figure out a way to get them all.

But those Gondions in the steelwatch factory? Eff them suicidal ashy oompa loompas. Out here putting in work to save them and they use AoE spells that hurt themselves and misty stepping into exploding steel watch soliders. :stopitslime:

I rescued about half of them but I'm reading Wyll's father is supposed to be down there? There was no indication he was, and no quest update if he died.

Not sure what to make of that.

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I rescued about half of them but I'm reading Wyll's father is supposed to be down there? There was no indication he was, and no quest update if he died.

Fred.
he was down there for me. I guess it depends what went down with Mizora earlier. do you still have the quest to find the Duke?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you have to attend Gortash’s coronation first and talk to him
I wonder how it plays out now for him. pretty sure it's 'on sight' with Gortash after you blow up his prison

that's why I'm curious what his Save the Duke quest says

Flexington

All Star
Daps

Fred.

what @Gizmo_Duck said

He should be in a cell on the east side of the map

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
he was down there for me. I guess it depends what went down with Mizora earlier. do you still have the quest to find the Duke?

you have to attend Gortash’s coronation first and talk to him

what @Gizmo_Duck said

He should be in a cell on the east side of the map

I never attended the coronation, I did a bunch of things (killed Orin, did Astarion's quest, etc.) first.

I'm not sure what it says, in the Save The Duke part. I might've over looked it but I didn't get a quest update either way. Which is why I was :dahell: when i seen people say he was down there.

The last time I seen Mizora she said Wyll had 6 more months to serve her, since i saved her from the mindflayers.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I never attended the coronation, I did a bunch of things (killed Orin, did Astarion's quest, etc.) first.

I'm not sure what it says, in the Save The Duke part. I might've over looked it but I didn't get a quest update either way. Which is why I was :dahell: when i seen people say he was down there.

The last time I seen Mizora she said Wyll had 6 more months to serve her, since i saved her from the mindflayers.

Fred.

aww damn, I'm not sure how it will work then he might not be able to be saved now. As soon as I entered the Wyrm Rock Fortress I spoke with Gortash and agreed to a temp truce. I'd freed Wyll from his pact and Mizora didn't give me any hints on where the Duke was, so like the hater she is she appeared and tried to blow up the duke once we let him out his cell with spiders.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Fred.

yeah, you basically have to talk to the duke at the coronation and then mizora afterwards and make a new deal with her, and some shyt goes down. Thats what unlocks him being there i think. That also ends the Wyll/mizora questline and starts a new one

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
aww damn, I'm not sure how it will work then he might not be able to be saved now. As soon as I entered the Wyrm Rock Fortress I spoke with Gortash and agreed to a temp truce. I'd freed Wyll from his pact and Mizora didn't give me any hints on where the Duke was, so like the hater she is she appeared and tried to blow up the duke once we let him out his cell with spiders.
I thought it was funny she's supposed to be so powerful, but only sends some weak ass spiders to stop you. had Shadowheart teleport him out of there, and left the spiders to play with the fish people

one thing that was cool about the mission is I used a lot of spells and abilities I never used. I never even realized my MC rogue could dash twice

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
Anyone else play on ps5 and your camera has a mind of its own? My shyt just rotates counter clockwise no matter what I do.

When this used to happen I would just restart the console and it was fine for a while. Now it happens so often I can’t play.

Edit: nvm my right joystick is cooked. Heads up if you have one of the dual sense edge controllers, might as well have a couple spare joystick units handy.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game has ran like a dream for me, up until now stepping into lower city? Is this what people are talking about? Game is running like ass