Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
this Iron Throne mission is no fukking joke :whew:
Least favorite mission in the game for me but I could have made it easier had I gotten potions of speed, I was relying on spell hastes
For real. I couldn’t save all 3. I had to let
Ominphion or whatever that mindflayer’s name was die. I got the right gnomes out and the Duke too. You definitely want to get the Duke out for Wyll’s shyt
Saving him actually makes it easier because he has a spell that instantly transports you and another person to the submarine, y'all slept

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Least favorite mission in the game for me but I could have made it easier had I gotten potions of speed, I was relying on spell hastes

Saving him actually makes it easier because he has a spell that instantly transports you and another person to the submarine, y'all slept

I didn’t even know he was there, or else i would have probably tried. But no way was I gonna do it over again

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real. I couldn’t save all 3. I had to let
Ominphion or whatever that mindflayer’s name was die. I got the right gnomes out and the Duke too. You definitely want to get the Duke out for Wyll’s shyt
Open hand Monk came in the clutch for this.

Use step of the wind: dash then just start jumping around like a kangaroo. The jumps take barely any of your movement. I freed the gnomes on the mindflayer's side and the mindflayer himself by the 2nd turn :win:

Laezel misty step over to open cells on the other side and Shart to dimension door ravenguard after bytch ass Mizora tried to kill him (I had Wyll break his pact)

The mindflayer gives you a bs reward tho but he is most useful for using him to teleport more people onto the ship

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i dont understand the complaints about not having the upper city, did people honestly want act 3 to be even bigger?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My only complaint is the level cap. Should have added a few more levels and just had them be multiclass only.

That might be greedy of me tho, 3/4 members of my go to party has action surge. :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My only complaint is the level cap. Should have added a few more levels and just had them be multiclass only.

That might be greedy of me tho, 3/4 members of my go to party has action surge. :dead:

I do wish there was something after level 12 but multi-classing would leave you way too OP

I’m already pretty OP. Like you said, that action surge is crazy. I just wiped out an entire githyanki task force with just Lae’zel.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
idk much about dnd but some of the higher level spells look like they'd be busted in a game like bg3
Blazing orbs of fire plummet to the ground at four different points you can see within range. Each creature in a 40-foot-radius sphere centered on each point you choose must make a dexterity saving throw. The sphere spreads around corners. A creature takes 20d6 fire damage and 20d6 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature in the area of more than one fiery burst is affected only once.

The spell damages objects in the area and ignites flammable objects that aren’t being worn or carried.
oh yeah and the range is one mile so you can nuke entire cities from the comfort of camp lol

and how would something like this even be implemented? dnd5e.info/spellcasting/spell/wish/ hearthstone has a similar card but even that only offers you three choices instead of letting you use your imagination.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
idk much about dnd but some of the higher level spells look like they'd be busted in a game like bg3

oh yeah and the range is one mile so you can nuke entire cities from the comfort of camp lol

and how would something like this even be implemented? dnd5e.info/spellcasting/spell/wish/ hearthstone has a similar card but even that only offers you three choices instead of letting you use your imagination.

Well, yes and no.

Meteor Swarm is basically a tactical nuke so yes it would destroy a city, kill a bunch of people, etc. but at that level (I think it's 9) basically every class (and dozens of monsters) have abilities, spells, resistances, etc. to survive it.

There is some ridiculous spells though, and a whole D&D book, "Elder Evils", is dedicated to ending the world.

If Larian is worried about expanding the level cap, due to people becoming too powerful....they should add an "Elder Evils" DLC.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The stuff you expect to be broken usually aren’t. Its typically the stuff you don’t even think about that breaks the game

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm hearing they fukked up the inventory system in this game :francis:

Perfect for time to take a break. Hope they reverse it by the time I finish Cyberpunk