Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This sounds like hyperbole, but iv had enough time with it now to confidently say I’m not mad at anybody for saying this

I don’t know if I agree, I’m not on act 3 yet so I can’t give the game a definitive score, but from what I have played in terms of an RPG this shyt is everything you could ever want, the writing, characters, choices, class customisation, areas, music & combat (tho I get it isn’t for everyone) are all stellar

I made a teifling sorcerer as a dark urge on hard just to try it out for what I planned to be a couple of hours a week ago just to see if I’d like it when I eventually finish my main playthrough….and my main (human fighter) hasn’t seen me since :skip:

This might be my main now and I’m the kinda person who would usually never start a new sage game if I’m already halfway through another, especially with how much I was already enjoying it

nikkas was definitely trolling about act 3, shyt is jsut as quality as the other two acts, performance hiccups aside.

Theres def some inconsistency with quests but theres sooooo much payoff and so many new interesting storylines, its jut an absolute insult to say this act drags down in the game in anyway. I was really preparing myself not to like it the whole game

If act 1 is a 10/10, act 2 is a 9.7/10, this act is like a 9/10

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas was definitely trolling about act 3, shyt is jsut as quality as the other two acts, performance hiccups aside.

Theres def some inconsistency with quests but theres sooooo much payoff and so many new interesting storylines, its jut an absolute insult to say this act drags down in the game in anyway. I was really preparing myself not to like it the whole game

If act 1 is a 10/10, act 2 is a 9.7/10, this act is like a 9/10
Cyberpunk 2.0/Phantom Liberty & RE4 Seperate Ways are out in a few days and I don’t know if I can pull away from this, I still wanna give Lies of P a go, Spider-Man 2 in a month, Alan Wake 2 a week after, where do I find the time breh :sadcam:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cyberpunk 2.0/Phantom Liberty & RE4 Seperate Ways are out in a few days and I don’t know if I can pull away from this, I still wanna give Lies of P a go, Spider-Man 2 in a month, Alan Wake 2 a week after, where do I find the time breh :sadcam:

Breh, im still thinking about doing my evil/DU playthrough, idk what the fukk im gonna do :snoop:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Same boat. Too many good games in such a short period of time. It's a great problem to have though. :blessed:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally ran into act 3 bugs/jank. I'm on the final fight sequences and the game is fukking up rendering like crazy. Half the allies that show up either have black blobs as bodies or they show up completely naked (including Withers?!). Also for whatever reason nobody's teeth are rendering :mjlol: I'll finally be finishing my first playthrough soon tho

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was just me with act 3, I’ve played through act 1 and 2 like twice now but the performance in act 3 is so terrible that I have a hard time getting through it

Still haven’t finished a single playthrough although this is absolutely my GOTY and one of the best games I’ve ever played

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I thought it was just me with act 3, I’ve played through act 1 and 2 like twice now but the performance in act 3 is so terrible that I have a hard time getting through it

Still haven’t finished a single playthrough although this is absolutely my GOTY and one of the best games I’ve ever played
Yeah, the lower city is too dense I think for the engine. I was getting steady 120fps everywhere, and then in the lower city it jumped down to the 60s (this is on a 4090). Others have reported the same. There are just so many people and buildings in the lower city. I'm guessing that is where Larian had trouble with split screen on the S. The lower city is just so packed.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
brehs, i had the battle of my life in act 3, i swear i started that shyt at 9pm and didn’t finish until like 11

it was those lady shar scumbags for shadow hearts questline. I think that might be the most enemies i fought in one encounter outside of the shar mausoleum. There were like 20 of them and all the stupid wizards cast dark and a bunch of other shyt. One of the few encounter i had to save during the fight because one bad move could have completely ended me. I revived every member of my party like twice outside of Gale. I was also forced to go back to a save and take Jaheira out cause she wasn’t cutting it.

I would have thought the Bhaal cultist would have given me more trouble
Who did you use in your party for this?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Whoooweee

just beat Raphael :whew:

Another battle that exhausted damn near all my resources and spells. The only good thing is that his little minion bytches couldn’t hit for shyt. Karlach was eatin hits from 3 of them at once lol

And the music :banderas:

Also, boy was i sleeping on Lae’zel. I haven’t used her all of act 3 and when i finally do she’s hitting like 6 times in a row, more with action surge

Last edited: