Baldur Gate 3 sup with it with M$ it cant run on their piece of shyt box causing delays(not before 2024)?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why can't they just drop it and patch in later?

Is it that important to the game?

Giving your competitor a timed exclusive off a great game off GP isn't smart.

If they've dropped the parity clause in other cases, why not this one?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why can't they just drop it and patch in later?

Is it that important to the game?
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if that's what they planned on doing until M$ told them no.

M$ is now seeing the reviews/fanfare for the game and changed course. I can almost guarantee if this game didn't get a 90+ score and sold as many copies as they did, they would have not made this exception.

Now if they'll do this for a smaller developer/game is unknown.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if that's what they planned on doing until M$ told them no.

M$ is now seeing the reviews/fanfare for the game and changed course. I can almost guarantee if this game didn't get a 90+ score and sold as many copies as they did, they would have not made this exception.

I can see them being like :lupe: and not wanting to open the floodgates (because that will happen). It's a tough situation, but they shouldn't have made that shyt from the jump.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yep, BG3 basically forced them to their knee’s.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see them being like :lupe: and not wanting to open the floodgates (because that will happen). It's a tough situation, but they shouldn't have made that shyt from the jump.

They likely had data that suggested that at the time, there wasn't much of a reason to make an exception for them. Even the people that have been waiting on this since it was announced don't really seem to have anticipated this level of hype for it. It's reached a point where, objectively speaking, it's good business to do whatever it takes to get the game out on XBox ASAP.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They likely had data that suggested that at the time, there wasn't much of a reason to make an exception for them. Even the people that have been waiting on this since it was announced don't really seem to have anticipated this level of hype for it. It's reached a point where, objectively speaking, it's good business to do whatever it takes to get the game out on XBox ASAP.

I don’t think this will be the last game tho.

They really can’t make or allow for Series’s X only games?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think this will be the last game tho.

They really can’t make or allow for Series’s X only games?

Not really, at least not right now. Especially because as soon as they let one developer do it, they need to be ready for all of them to do it. It'd also run the risk of straining relationships with other publishers that have had to work around the requirement before then. For example, let's say it really WAS the Series S that ended up tanking overall performance for Gotham Knights (even though we all know it was just a mid ass game from top to bottom). You think WB is just going to be cool with an indie studio like Larian getting away with having Microsoft change shyt up for them?

Until there's a product that replaces the Series X as the top of the product line, Series S support is going to be a requirement. And even then, it's still going to be a few years after whatever that product is hits the market.

Last edited: