"Bad Boys 3" has now been completely removed from Sony’s calendar

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So what's next for Will?

He's got Bright coming out on Netflix in December

And he's going to be the Genie in the live action Aladdin movie

Also he signed on to do an action movie called Gemini Man with Ang Lee directing about an aging Assassin who has to fight his younger clone

The pic co-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Skydance Media was one of the great unproduced projects of the last 20 years. Bruckheimer alone has been developing the property for a little more than a decade. Originally set up at Disney in 1997 from a pitch by Darren Lemke, the movie stalled due to the fact the VFX at the time wasn’t available for the same actor to play the same part. Will Smith is now set to star as an assassin who faces off against himself, a clone who is younger and in his prime.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...ith-ang-lee-release-date-2019-1202124761/amp/

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Also he signed on to do an action movie called Gemini Man with Ang Lee directing about an aging Assassin who has to fight his younger clone

The pic co-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Skydance Media was one of the great unproduced projects of the last 20 years. Bruckheimer alone has been developing the property for a little more than a decade. Originally set up at Disney in 1997 from a pitch by Darren Lemke, the movie stalled due to the fact the VFX at the time wasn’t available for the same actor to play the same part. Will Smith is now set to star as an assassin who faces off against himself, a clone who is younger and in his prime.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...ith-ang-lee-release-date-2019-1202124761/amp/

Will and ang lee??:leon: Sign me up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm :dead: at people talking about Martin Lawrence was :flabbynsick: for "Bad Boys 2"....of course he was, that was the character. He was the married, settled, and out of shape. Will was the younger cat still on the prowl. I don't know what's stopping this from being made but it definitely ain't something as simple as Martin Lawrence and/or Will Smith are too old or too :flabbynsick:

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Surprised you hadn't heard the news yet.

The premise seems about cliche to me but apparently the script is one of the best unproduced ones of the past 15 or so years because they didn't have the VFX.

With Ang Lee at the helm at least it'll be interesting

I heard about the movie but didn't know he was directing. Even the flicks of his that miss me it's never because of what he does behind the camera. Dude is a genius. Will needs to work with guys like him more often

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cuz he surely got in shape for the last one :rolleyes:....14 years ago :beli:
Martin is capable of getting in shape when they thought it was gonna be made a few years ago he lost alot of weight and looked slim like he did back in the day.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

And suicide squad 2. That'll be in the next 2 years most likely.

And i would totally take a deadshot solo film. You could easily make a straight forward lower budget r rated action film with that character like a John wick style film.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm :dead: at people talking about Martin Lawrence was :flabbynsick: for "Bad Boys 2"....of course he was, that was the character. He was the married, settled, and out of shape. Will was the younger cat still on the prowl. I don't know what's stopping this from being made but it definitely ain't something as simple as Martin Lawrence and/or Will Smith are too old or too :flabbynsick:

Fred.
Sometimes all the pieces just don't align for a film to be made :yeshrug:

Will looked in great shape for suicide squad. He certainly wasn't looking :flabbynsick:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again...if Will really wanted it to happen it would. And if no one is happy with the script then it won't happen because they don't need it at the moment. I been saying that for years and that hasn't changed. Will is still one of the most powerful people in Hollywood. If he wanted this thing to happen, bad script or good script, it would've happened already.

Facts