Baby Driver (Official Thread)

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
This was a Good Movie. I enjoyed seeing Jon Hamm and Jamie Foxx on screen together, they seemed Good with each other. The story was Good, didn't get stale.:manny:

Does anybody know where I can get that Red King shirt that Jamie had on? Actually, even the Red Jacket he had in the following scene was Piff. I'd like 1 of both.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I liked it and it was really good. Better than my expectations. They were high but not lofty. I don't really like the ending.

The low amount of years for all the shyt he did and was a part of screamed :mjpls: .

Even my son said he knows people got life for way less. I told him it's a movie but still :snoop:.

Last edited:

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
This shyt is overrated. Wright can direct action, but he can't write for shyt.

yeah. movie was good action was on point , but writing was where it fell apart at the end, but it was good enough where i overlooked that

-a bytch driving he just met driving off with him and killing for him
-learning how to shoot a gun like a pro overnight
-only getting 5 years
- his boss not killing him for fukking up the job
-them letting him do the job after they find the tapes and him trying to sneak off

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
well dudes, I hyped this one up way too much. I wanted to love that movie so bad, but i just liked it. There weren't nearly as many "cool" moments as I expected. I didn't really give much of a fukk about Baby... i don't know. This is Edgar Wright's worst movie. You know I'm a fanboy, he's probably my faorite director... but i don't think this is better than The World's End. It's definitely not better than Scott Pilgrim, and the other 2 are just all time classics.

I went in expecting it to be balls to the fukkin wall, Edgar Wright cuts an little subtle jokes everywhere, and i guess I gotta watch it again b/c i didn't get that for half the movie it seemed like. the action scenes were good, but i almost wanted even more absurdity to them. Oh and naturally, as with almost every movie ever made, the love story angle bogged it down. i didn't buy that shyt for a second.

like i said, i read the script, and knew the story wasn't gonna blow me away, i just expected more from the action. I was ready to forgive all the faults i found with the story itself b/c i knew EW was gonna murder the action... and it was just good. like when Baby throws the spike strip... that was fukkin cool. there wasn't many other little things like that where i thought "oh man, that was fukkin cool." i guess it's tough to be too innovative with car chases when the Fast and Furious cartoons are up to part 9. i expected the sound mixing to be better too. why did i leave this movie without a song in my head? the soundtrack should have me fiending to download it. the only song i remember is Tequila and Radar Love, but that's b/c of the trailer moreso than the movie.

3/5. I'm disappointed. I'm gonna watch a bootleg as soon as it drops though, b/c i did see it at 9am. maybe i wasn't sharp.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the more i think about it, the soundtrack is the downfall of this movie(I'm sure hipsters are citing it as the highlight.) i hate when a movie has a greatest hits soundtrack (Suicide Squad was the worst culprit) but i think this needed a few really famous songs, so you anticipate the synchronicity. the tequila part was the best, b/c who doesn't know that tune? when the guns clicked along it put a smile on my face. that shyt was cool with the other tracks too, but i had no clue what the fukk songs they were.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Good movie,Felt like a musical half the time.
Spaceys character should've tried to kill baby, he fukked up the job. That was outta character for him to assist his get away

I found several character beats very off.

Like when Baby throw shade at JD with the "How's that working out for you?" line. Nothing about him suggested he'd make a quip like that.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Tomorrow, finally.

This, Spidey, Apes, Dunkirk will make a hell of a 4 week run :noah: