Baby Driver (Official Thread)

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
First 2/3 of this movie was incredible. Last 1/3 was a huge letdown. Still had to get soundtrack.
this is how i felt. the last 1/3 of the movie was complete fukking trash!!

kevin spacey just helps him out because he see's them in love???
:mindblown: "i was in love once" :dahell: baby just fukked up your entire operation.

then he unloads the shotty on the 3 goons that came out of nowhere :dahell:

2 seconds later jon hamm pops up in a 4x4 truck out of nowhere :laff:

how convienent was it for baby and his girl that those two pot heads pulled up in a red camaro in the middle of nowhere, just so baby can hijack there car? :mindblown: :mindblown:

baby went on one date with the girl and now she's willing to ride or die for him :laff: :laff:

the third act was fukking ass cheeks

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The fact that I want to watch it again, and would do so right now, is worth something. There are plenty of other good movies I watch and have little desire to see again. Colassal is my favorite movie of the year to this point and yet I think I'd watch Baby Driver right now if I had to choose between them.
Dat spelling though :troll:

Still mad I missed this one but just realized it's available to own on digital, I'll rent it on Aug 1st once it's available

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I liked it.. I guess Spacey felt bad for him because they had been working so long :yeshrug:

Only problem with the third act was them getting caught :skip:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Maybe. I'm actually looking forward to rewatching it despite having misgivings about the story. I think it will have replay value even if only on a technical, purely aesthetic level.
I wanted to add that I would love to rewatch this too, probably more than anything from this past month other than Dunkirk, but i think that's 99% just for Eiza Gonzalez :lawd:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just saw it last night. I was hooked from the opening scene. It was a lot of fun, and had amazing visuals and soundtrack, and it was on its way to becoming my favorite movie of 2017 (or at least top two along with Get Out).

Until the post office scene at least. After that the movie starts falling apart. There was an underlying theme of whirlwind romance, so I get why Buddy would go crazy after Darling got killed, but I didn't really buy his turn into the main villain, especially since up till Baby tried to ditch them, he was the one in the crew that was the most cool with him.

Plus, Doc threatened to cripple Baby and kill Joseph if Baby didn't do this job for him. But when Baby intentionally fukks it up he doesn't even attempt to send his goons after him? Then when he sees Baby and Debora together, he's just like, "Oh I'll help you two crazy kids out." :what:

Ultimately this movie ends up with much of the same problems Drive had, where a weak script is carried by amazing visuals and soundtrack (though Baby Driver had much better writing despite its third act).

All that being said it's still in my top two movies of the year, but it may fall out pretty quickly depending how the rest of the year goes. Still glad I saw it in theaters tho. On the Double Toasted rating scale, I'd give it a low full price. :ehh: