Baby Driver (Official Thread)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
when i see an Edgar Wright movie, I immediately wanna watch it again to see all the little intricacies and jokes he layered in... I usually don't feel that way about anyone else's movies. I don't feel that way about this one.

I'm 100% going to watch it again, but i also don't feel like he really went that route with this one. I kept a keen eye the whole time for references to his previous works, callbacks etc... and outside of some obscure music and movie stuff i'll need a full explanation for, I'm not sure I caught 3. That's one of the reasons I love the guy, he has an Arrested Development style joke system that keeps giving even after watching his movies for the 10th time. This wasn't necessarily a comedy so maybe he went light on that, but i'm still not pumped to dive back in.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I'm going to see this today and my brother told me that it was amazing.

So why do I see people on here saying that it is not that good? I really hope it is the opposite because I'm looking forward to this tonight

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm going to see this today and my brother told me that it was amazing.

So why do I see people on here saying that it is not that good? I really hope it is the opposite because I'm looking forward to this tonight

I fukk with it. Everyone has different opinions homie. Some are taking issues with the 3rd act which I had no issue with. So check it out and see what you think

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I fukk with it. Everyone has different opinions homie. Some are taking issues with the 3rd act which I had no issue with. So check it out and see what you think
The coli tends to be overly critical so i take everything with a grain of salt.

We got pretty good reviews from what I've seen on different websites though

I was going tonight but all of the good seats are sold out

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The coli tends to be overly critical so i take everything with a grain of salt.

We got pretty good reviews from what I've seen on different websites though

I was going tonight but all of the good seats are sold out

Props to Edgar on the ticket sales:salute: good flick. Deserves the love. And yeah the coli is overly critical because the internet has to hate things lol

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
Maybe. I'm actually looking forward to rewatching it despite having misgivings about the story. I think it will have replay value even if only on a technical, purely aesthetic level.

I think one of the reasons I was somewhat disappointed is that I saw it in a Loews that doesn't do proper maintenance on its sound systems. I went and saw this in the theater instead of waiting for it to leak like I do everything else specifically because I wanted an immersive experience, and it thoroughly pisses me off that I spent the whole time wishing they'd turn the damn speakers up.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
And yeah the coli is overly critical because the internet has to hate things lol

Ironically this movie has me feeling like I'm nuts because I think it's a good movie with flaws and the internet consensus is that it's as good as it gets in modern cinema, to the point that the comments section of negative reviews are just attacks on the critics.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ironically this movie has me feeling like I'm nuts because I think it's a good movie with flaws and the internet consensus is that it's as good as it gets in modern cinema, to the point that the comments section of negative reviews are just attacks on the critics.

Yeah there's also that. The internet doesn't let opinions be opinions and if a critic doesn't like it it's an attack on you rather than it just being a criticism

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Heres my thing and I'm gonna drop the gimmick for a bit.

Is the shyt stupid and terrible? Of course it is?

But why call one side out but ignore and give another side a pass.

Either be completely 100 with the stance or just fall back. But dont half step.

If cats wanna come at me (for doing shyt that really is a mockery, response, or reflection) for doing some of the same shyt other cats do.

Make sure yall equally come at the real cats that do this shyt on the regular.

Yeah if you don't like my man's posting style, pay it no mind it costs you nothing. Who likes 100% of what is spoken about in The Film Room? Nobody, but 90% of people let it slide. The other 10% snitch to mods or bytch about it in a thread further derailing it. So really THEY need to pull their skirts down, keep doing you brother. I think it's funny. :salute:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah there's also that. The internet doesn't let opinions be opinions and if a critic doesn't like it it's an attack on you rather than it just being a criticism

And if you like something a lot you got people quoting your review for years trying to prove some point in threads that have nothing to do with Age Of Ultron.:troll: