Baby Driver (Official Thread)

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Thinking back on this movie I'm not sure if it's as good as I initially thought it was. Really not a memorable flick imo. Anyone else think Deb was retarded?

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
Thinking back on this movie I'm not sure if it's as good as I initially thought it was. Really not a memorable flick imo. Anyone else think Deb was retarded?

Dunno but if I was on the spectrum and involved in high stakes crime I'd personally be comforted to know i just need to make a couple music nerd jokes to a cute waitress and take her out to dinner before she'd be ride or die to the point she's ok with almost getting killed when my shyt goes south, run with me from the police on a hopeless escape attempt, and then stay exactly the same for 5+ years while my ass sits in jail

I did like the movie. It's beautiful to look at and the soundtrack is great and used really well. Most of the acting is good too. But the above and spacey's out-of-nowhere face turn at the end kind of took me out of it, and I don't think I'm asking too much of a summer popcorn flick to do just a little better than what ended up on the screen. Pretty sure all of that falls on Wright's writing, for better or worse. If you're familiar with the theories about the last few scenes of Taxi Driver being mental wish fulfillment for Travis Bickle rather than reality, I kind of wish they'd been ambiguous and gone with something that could at least be interpreted that way.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This dude still on that shyt? :hhh:

Not really:dwillhuh:

But I can't respond?:gucci:

yall should seriously do the same for @Bryan Danielson

dont believe his sorrow stories, he really is like that

Yes you're right. We just had coffee a few weeks back and peeped the Draft together, laughing at the Knicks.

If anyone one on here you know me the best.

Wonder if Crawford gonna sign with Cavs
:ohhh:
Martha

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Only a ~38% drop this weekend at the box office.

So looks like this will be a slow burner at the box office.
Will go down as Edgar wright's biggest film thus far.

Happy for him :salute:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The more I think about this film, I think it's a prime example of how direction and editing can elevate a pretty mediocre script into something far better than that.

I think it's also a prime example of how that isn't enough to give the movie lasting or replay value. shyt is the epithome of 'Well, it was fun while it lasted'.:yeshrug:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I think it's also a prime example of how that isn't enough to give the movie lasting or replay value. shyt is the epithome of 'Well, it was fun while it lasted'.:yeshrug:

Maybe. I'm actually looking forward to rewatching it despite having misgivings about the story. I think it will have replay value even if only on a technical, purely aesthetic level.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Replay value is completely subjective,but,so is most things.

I'm a firm believer that your mood and expectations can have a major effect on how you view a film.

And re-watching down the line can change how you feel about a film.

I've never understood how people can comment on replay value,before,you know,actually replaying it.