Baby Driver (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I do agree with David Ehrlich's sentiments on the end " can't *quite* shake the feeling that this was $20 million short of being a masterpiece (just as i'm having a little trouble making sense of how this movie doesn't end with a car chase),"

The opening scene was incredible and the end a bit anticlimactic for me

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Most ppl don't like him because he's a Canacac, for lack of a better term
i'd bet most people have zero clue he's from Canada, not to mention a ton of great comedians/actors come from Canada

Conz

Superstar
Daps
seriously though, i consider myself fairly well versed in music, why can't i remember any of the songs from this? Tequilia. No Where to Run to. Debra/Zebra or something. Some Queen song I didn't know. That's literally all i remember. They played that Big Boi track for 3 seconds at some point too. I still feel like i shoulda left the theater thinking of the music like Guardians.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
seriously though, i consider myself fairly well versed in music, why can't i remember any of the songs from this? Tequilia. No Where to Run to. Debra/Zebra or something. Some Queen song I didn't know. That's literally all i remember. They played that Big Boi track for 3 seconds at some point too. I still feel like i shoulda left the theater thinking of the music like Guardians.

Brighton Rock :ufdup:

He didn't go for all joints that are on classic rock stations. I love both guardians soundtracks but I'll be damned if that first one isn't a cut and copy of any classic rock station in the country. The 2nd one is more esoteric but the only one that really hit me is The Chain and Mr. Blue Sky and Brandy. But thats because one opened the song and the other two really played into the plot.

Edgar really dug in the crates with this one. There are plenty of joints from it I'm still humming but i don't know the words or song titles lol and that has more to do with me than him

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah man I love the worlds end. Worlds end was better written and hit me in the sweet spot
World's End is my least favorite of Wright's movies.
Still enjoyed the hell out of it but compared to everything else he has made (including Baby Driver) it falls to the bottom of the list.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
World's End is my least favorite of Wright's movies.
Still enjoyed the hell out of it but compared to everything else he has made (including Baby Driver) it falls to the bottom of the list.

And thats how i feel about scott pilgrim. It's not bad. I don't think he's made a bad movie, but its just at the bottom of my list while World's End is at the top for me. This is probably 2nd or third, not sure yet between this and hot fuzz

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Brighton Rock :ufdup:

He didn't go for all joints that are on classic rock stations. I love both guardians soundtracks but I'll be damned if that first one isn't a cut and copy of any classic rock station in the country. The 2nd one is more esoteric but the only one that really hit me is The Chain and Mr. Blue Sky and Brandy. But thats because one opened the song and the other two really played into the plot.

Edgar really dug in the crates with this one. There are plenty of joints from it I'm still humming but i don't know the words or song titles lol and that has more to do with me than him
I love this soundtrack from the way he dug up unsung soul singers and B-sides from well known acts to how he used multiple versions of the same song in different (but similar) scenes to show the shift in Baby's mood like how the two different versions of Harlem Shuffle show a happy Baby (listening to Bob & Earl's version of Harlem Shuffle) getting coffee at the beginning of the film after the first heist and then the Foundations version of Harlem Shuffle is used after Baby's first disastrous heist with Jamie Foxx's character.