#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
bytch is annoying AF
no one cares about that shyt anymore
kids are rarely even going to church nowadays
most of these "Christians" you see nowadays don't hold a candle to the bible-thumbing ones back in the day
damn near half of us would be considered agnostic now
we're losing our religion by the droves
:camby:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
not really. Just the other day she was thirsting over one of those One Direction cacs. I personally don't give a fukk. Somebody has to say what she's saying.

I'd rather it be someone who actually believes what they are saying. It's obvious a lot of you just like being validated.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Does not change the fact that Christianity has African roots.
Not West African rots. And I know you're gonna say some West African slaves had E African roots. But what are the likelihood of there being an E African to W Africa migration before Christianity was even formed? The Hausas *might* have E African roots but I doubt even they followed Christianity let alone brought it to West Africa.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Well its annoying when the Religious zealots don't want to admit that the ideology and "GOD" they're following is their Oppressors, but no you get more deflection and defense mechanisms. Enslaved minds at work right in front of you...

I agree. Regardless of whether it was practiced in Africa....Black Americans clearly practice it because of slavery and that is a mental hindrance (Especially when you add in the typical depictions of Jesus, the Christian God, his heavenly choir, etc).

I just thought it was worth noting that all Christians are converts because this can easily turn into the idea of "Blacks getting flexed on yet again" when in fact everyone else did the same. Hell, you could make the case that those people who converted freely were the real losers in all of this. You gonna have a choice....and turn your back on the gods that you had worshiped for thousands of years....:scust:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Not West African rots. And I know you're gonna say some West African slaves had E African roots. But what are the likelihood of there being an E African to W Africa migration before Christianity was even formed? The Hausas *might* have E African roots but I doubt even they followed Christianity let alone brought it to West Africa.

That doesn't make Christianity "the White mans religion"

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black folks love nitpicking the messenger if he or she is black....but take whatever a white person say for gospel
....they did it to Malcolm
....they did it to Marcus Garvey
....they did it to Martin Luther King
....they killed Malcolm
....they killed the Black Panther movement
nikkas:mjpls:

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I agree. Regardless of whether it was practiced in Africa....Black Americans clearly practice it because of slavery and that is a mental hindrance (Especially when you add in the typical depictions of Jesus, the Christian God, his heavenly choir, etc).

I just thought it was worth noting that all Christians are converts because this can easily turn into the idea of "Blacks getting flexed on yet again" when in fact everyone else did the same. Hell, you could make the case that those people who converted freely were the real losers in all of this. You gonna have a choice....and turn your back on the gods that you had worshiped for thousands of years....:scust:

Yea and brainwashing breeds arrogance and ignorance, which is what religion does in the scope of things That's my main issue and what AZ was referencing. We had a whole different belief and spiritual system that was indigenous, that we have been steered away from forcefully and through our willful acknowledgment of an oppressors religious,social and economic systems and throw in education as well.

So its ignorant for people to still try and align what they're practicing now to what we were before contact with arabs and whites. This is done to validate their arrogant and ignorant acceptance of their enslaved state, which also breeds non willingness to fight back against it