Avid Readers Of The Coli......What Are Your Thoughts On 48 Laws Of Power?

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
Thats funny, I let a friend borrow it and just got it back earlier.

No harm in reading it just dont read it like a manual. It's got some interesting stories in it.
this is what people dont seem to get about books like this,

its not a "stab backs on the way to the top and get rich" manual, it is a collection of social engineering tools that the reader can utilize at his own discretion, along with historical events that help to illustrate the chapters. Many of the book's teachings contradict each other, so you should not follow it like some sort of success training guide.
Like any book, read it and take away whats applicable to your situation(s).

Fefe

Banned
Daps
It's a book for weak minded fools and manipulators who think they can somehow manipulate people to gain power and become succesful ....has it ever worked? ...no..will it ever work?...prob not..and if it does? I'd be wary of those people and keep them at a distance. They are not to be trusted..

I'm of the same opinion as you, @observe. People who actually live by these rules can be manipulative but reading the 48 Laws can help you counter their tactics. I would recommend this book, The Prince, Art of War, etc.

Some of it is common sense shyt that everyone innately adheres by and follows. You don't have to read this book to know there is a power imbalance in most situations and situationships nor do you have to read it to do some of this shyt. I consistently got As k-12 and graduated early and scored high in shyt but I always--and to some extent I still do this-- acted like I wasn't really about shyt. It makes life easier when people think they're better than you. Same with not taking the free lunch, and some of this other stuff in the book.

But yeah I agree overall. You make a valid point.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
If you like the 48 laws of power then you will love Mickey Royal's The Pimp game: Instructional Guide

0011f8ba_medium.jpeg

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
this book sucked, didn't like it

i read his other book too, the art of seduction :camby:

It good book. Its just that most people dont have the stomach to be the kind of person that the book describes. And many people dont know HOW and WHEN the strategies apply. People have the wrong Idea about the book. This is not Robert Greenes fault though.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Its more a book on cunning than one or power. The title is wrong. The book itself is:ehh:.
Y'all take the title out of context.

Power is power no matter how you obtain it. If you're on top, controlling the situation, whether being sneaky or being aggressive or holding all the cards... You hold the power

This is just one mans techniques to getting that power. Most of it being through deception. But if you're cold enough to follow every law, I'm sure you'll be powerful in the end.

I think if you looked at a lot of powerful people, you'd see them doing things described in this book. Not just now but throughout history.

People take this as gospel but really there's another 100 million rules for power that tell you to do it another way. And at the same time, they're all correct ways to get there

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Y'all take the title out of context.

Power is power no matter how you obtain it. If you're on top, controlling the situation, whether being sneaky or being aggressive or holding all the cards... You hold the power

This is just one mans techniques to getting that power. Most of it being through deception. But if you're cold enough to follow every law, I'm sure you'll be powerful in the end.

I think if you looked at a lot of powerful people, you'd see them doing things described in this book. Not just now but throughout history.

People take this as gospel but really there's another 100 million rules for power that tell you to do it another way. And at the same time, they're all correct ways to get there

You wont nessacarily need to follow every rule to obtain power over a person or circumstance in many cases. The are more like tactics and stratagies than hard rules for power.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know when you're a kid and you have dreams of what you wanna become..like an astronaut, or painter, or singer, and as you get older you forget your dreams for a career or job. This book is about rediscovering ya dreams .....it's good to read every time you lose ya path or goal in life.

What book Is This? I couldn't see the picture.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Thats funny, I let a friend borrow it and just got it back earlier.

this is what people dont seem to get about books like this,

its not a "stab backs on the way to the top and get rich" manual, it is a collection of social engineering tools that the reader can utilize at his own discretion, along with historical events that help to illustrate the chapters. Many of the book's teachings contradict each other, so you should not follow it like some sort of success training guide.
Like any book, read it and take away whats applicable to your situation(s).

EXACTLY.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
I haven't but I will. Anyone that has read the Prince and the Art of War will like it from what I've been told. I've read both so I will make this part of my collection eventually.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
love is the law

obey me because I'm the source of all you value

all I command is that you love me and prosper

<$<$<$<$<$<$ pure and simple

true power requires no deception*

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I learned a lot for this. More so than the 48 laws.

iceberg_slim_300.jpg

one of the best books i've ever read. changed my perspective on everything. i think about it almost everyday. i couldn't put it down the first time through, but now anytime i try to read it, it makes me sick to my stomach.

What's it about?

I read a like 10 of the 48 powers or so from the book. It's good.

I remember the Al Capone story was a very good one and another one, something to do with an apartment

I'll read it again some time

:patrice: How is this book not about being a pimp? I mean in a thread about 48 laws if power, how does this book relate?