Avengers: Infinity War CRUSHES opening weekend with $630 million box office.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No Marvel fan wants DC to fail.

We thought this would be Bad Boy vs Death Row vs Def Jam mid 90's or even Rawkus.....DC is Koch Records.

Me....as a fan of DC...they need to win me back. Their credibility is shot right now.

True but I still think DC can turn it around, it's gonna need bravery and creativity but the suits have to let it happen.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Just looking at where it's tracking, its possible BP will beat it's domestic run. That's not a given but big movies coming out after this weekend so it won't have the legs BP had. We will see where it's at by this time next week.

True, completely forgot Deadpool, Star Wars and Jurassic Park are up :ohhh:

That would be sth if BP does this :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
People were gonna hate on DC regardless of what they did but they definitely fukked up with that Batman vs Superman bullshyt

They also rushed the Justice League movie

They should’ve waited til everyone had their own solo movie before they Justice League

DC can still be successful but the next couple movies have to be good

They also need to start giving some lesser known heros their own movies like Marvel did with Guardians,Antman,and Dr Strange

People are tired of Batman and Superman

We’ve been getting Batman and Superman movies,tv shows,and cartoons for decades

enough is enough

Like @Rashaddw said..... that is ABSOLUTELY untrue.

People just want to see at best stories and execution in line with from the comics or cartoons. At worst they want the VISION from the people that live and breath DC, who created a lot these stories that are touted vs the VISION of a guy that thinks he’s perception is far superior.

Also, I can agree that some may be getting tired of Bat and Sup and want something different...... but that also don’t mean they want to see a Mr. Terrific movie.

People want to see the other 5 core of the JL. I think WW proved that. So what GL 1 did not so good it’s first time out.

I think DC should’ve have been cowards and abandoned that, I think they should’ve doubled down, locked themselves in an office and work on making GL 2 be a better movie. And I honestly do believe if given the opportunity. GL would’ve been incredible.

But you gotta give the fans GL, Flash, WW, and Aquamen good to solid movies before you start getting cute. And that was one of their only 2 mistakes they did.

Getting cute too fast and giving the wrong Snyder too much power and control

Martha

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Marvel hit us with two great villains in a row:wow:

I loved Mike Keaton in Spiderman too.

Phase 3 in general seems to be Marvel responding to the "weak villain" tag. Hannibal in Doc Strange needed like one more piff scene and I would've been sold.

Hela was ok.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea, general audiences just want quality, entertaining movies.

The hype for Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad was incredible. Suicide Squad did 133 million opening weekend, which was more than SM: Homecoming (119m) and Thor Ragnorak (122m). BvS did 166m opening. And both SS and BvS did those openings amid harsh reviews, those numbers probably would've ballooned up if it were positive word of mouth.

But the reason why making quality movies is important is because habitually bad press/reviews eventually can catch up to you, which is what happened with Justice League imo. By the time it dropped, ppl were more wait and see (93m opening), even despite WW's sucess, and once word of mouth was lukewarm on JL, the movie had no legs to stand on.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I loved Mike Keaton in Spiderman too.

Phase 3 in general seems to be Marvel responding to the "weak villain" tag. Hannibal in Doc Strange needed like one more piff scene and I would've been sold.

Hela was ok.

See, Hela was dope as fukk to me.

I mean what more do people want from her or can be asked of?

She came through and destroyed Thor’s most trusted and powerful weapons that he’s used for hundreds of years (since A3 he dropped that he’s over 1500 years old) and 5 movies.

Forced him and Loki to flee

Went to Asgard and singlehandedly killed and defeated their entire army.

Killed everyone of the warriors/friends that fought side by side with him.

Was hinted and briefly shown that she killed almost everyone of The Valkyries which was an elite line of female warriors on the level of WW Amazons.

Then went toe to toe with a newly confident and powered up Thor, Valkyrie, and Loki and pretty much gave all them the business (even talking Thor’s eye).

To the point they had to send and even stronger demonic villain to fight her while they barely escaped with their lives.

But she’s weak?:aicmon:

I mean what more needed to be shown to demonstrate her power?

:mindblown:

I mean she done more in that movie than a lot of other villains in other movies that some would say is better? And she did it SINGLEHANDEDLY!!

Didn’t have a boss running shyt:rudy:
Didn’t have or send goons out to do her bidding.:shaq2:

It was HER!!!

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
See, Hela was dope as fukk to me.

I mean what more do people want from her or can be asked of?

She came through and destroyed Thor’s most trusted and powerful weapons that he’s used for hundreds of years (since A3 he dropped that he’s over 1500 years old) and 5 movies.

Forced him and Loki to flee

Went to Asgard and singlehandedly killed and defeated their entire army.

Killed everyone of the warriors/friends that fought side by side with him.

Was hinted and briefly shown that she killed almost everyone of The Valkyries which was an elite line of female warriors on the level of WW Amazons.

Then went toe to toe with a newly confident and powered up Thor, Valkyrie, and Loki and pretty much gave all them the business (even talking Thor’s eye).

To the point they had to send and even stronger demonic villain to fight her while they barely escaped with their lives.

But she’s weak?:aicmon:

I mean what more needed to be shown to demonstrate her power?

:mindblown:

I mean she done more in that movie than a lot of other villains in other movies that some would say is better? And she did it SINGLEHANDEDLY!!

Didn’t have a boss running shyt:rudy:
Didn’t have or send goons out to do her bidding.:shaq2:

It was HER!!!

I'm not saying Hela was weak, I just didn't think she was that great a character (not a big Ragnarok fan in general).

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I'm not saying Hela was weak, I just didn't think she was that great a character (not a big Ragnarok fan in general).

He's right. Nolan Joker and Bane are much less powerful than the majority of MCU villains, but they're more memorable cos the writing was on point and elevated by the acting (these are the only DC villains I'll use as evidence mind you). Blanchett was hamming it up cos the character wasn't that deep imo