Avengers: Infinity War CRUSHES opening weekend with $630 million box office.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
He's right. Nolan Joker and Bane are much less powerful than the majority of MCU villains, but they're more memorable cos the writing was on point and elevated by the acting (these are the only DC villains I'll use as evidence mind you). Blanchett was hamming it up cos the character wasn't that deep imo

All they did though or a lot of their scenes was long monologues and talking..... and no disrespect to them but to me catchy phrases don’t make you strong

At some point, you gotta be about that action and put in some work

I didn’t necessarily find them deep..... or atleast not Joker

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Hela was trash as fukk :russ:

Every time she was on screen Thor screeched to a halt as a film. Everything with hulk and Thor was great and then they go back to hela giving bland exposition and you're sitting there like :facepalm: go back to something worth watching.

Thor 3 was like 2 entirely different films stitched together and 1 of them was way better than the other one.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just looking at where it's tracking, its possible BP will beat it's domestic run. That's not a given but big movies coming out after this weekend so it won't have the legs BP had. We will see where it's at by this time next week.
I think this was expected though. They were very smart to push the release up a week to give more breathing room before Deadpool though

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
First I heard that. I knew bp would be a hit, but 700 million? That was not predicted by anyone.
I'm not talking before the fact I'm talking after we saw what a hit it was. I knew Infinity War probably would not catch it domestically because of too much competition

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Yea, general audiences just want quality, entertaining movies.

The hype for Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad was incredible. Suicide Squad did 133 million opening weekend, which was more than SM: Homecoming (119m) and Thor Ragnorak (122m). BvS did 166m opening. And both SS and BvS did those openings amid harsh reviews, those numbers probably would've ballooned up if it were positive word of mouth.

But the reason why making quality movies is important is because habitually bad press/reviews eventually can catch up to you, which is what happened with Justice League imo. By the time it dropped, ppl were more wait and see (93m opening), even despite WW's sucess, and once word of mouth was lukewarm on JL, the movie had no legs to stand on.
Justice League wasn't all that breh

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Seems like every new superhero movie breaks box office records. I’m looking forward to when the newest box office sensations aren’t just superhero crossover movies.