Avengers: Infinity War CRUSHES opening weekend with $630 million box office.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
The some what realistic and serious approach of Man of Steel, Wonder Woman and Christopher Nolan's Batman would had been a great universe for them to build on. But they just had to add that BvS and Suicide Squad to f'd everything up.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Alls I’s knows is...... when Chadwick, MBJ, Lupita, Dania, and Letitia walk of their houses and on the street.

EVERYONE sees Black Panther, Killmonger, Nakia, Okoye, and Shuri.:youngsabo:

When Ray Fisher walks out his.... most people just see a black man and some people just see Ray Fisher.:mjlol:

Martha
No troll who da fukk is ray fisher:picard:

I really don’t know

Bout to google him

Edit:mjlol:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I'm only a Marvel fan because they're making movies I very much enjoy. If they weren't, and DC was, I'd be a DC fan. It's really that simple.

Exactly we're fans of good work and quality movies.

At the end of the day we all grew up on this and we just want well made films every single person that's clowning on the DC Universe right now is the exact same people that were the first in line for the Christian Bale series.

We are making fun of them because they suck not because they we want them to suck.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm only a Marvel fan because they're making movies I very much enjoy. If they weren't, and DC was, I'd be a DC fan. It's really that simple.

Thank you.

I'm :mjlol:at people acting like it's some big ass conspiracy theory over why people prefer discussing and/or gravitate more towards the MCU than DC at this point.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
is there a prediction on what this will do total? 280 mill opening weekend is huge and seems like they can do a billy domestically but idk if i'm reaching with that.
It will probably do 680-750 million domestic and 1.8-2.1 billion total.

It's 90 million behind the force awakens domestically at the same release point and tfa did 936 domestic. Tfa did 90 million it's 3rd weekend,this will probably do 60-70 million 3rd weekend and then after that deadpool 2 and solo release back to back and will take out some of the legs.

Tfa dropped 39% it's 2nd weekend,this dropped 56%. So that 90 million behind figure is going to keep getting bigger by the day. Tfa week day numbers are blowing away this films as well. Like I'm talking doubling what IW is doing

There's a strong possibility black panther makes more domestically than this at the end.

if this film has the same Opening weekend multiplier that age of ultron did that would put it finishing around 616 million. If it has the same Opening weekend multiplier of the avengers that would put it at around 770 million. So far it's tracking closer to ultrons legs then avengers.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It will probably do 680-750 million domestic and 1.8-2.1 billion total.

It's 90 million behind the force awakens domestically at the same release point and tfa did 936 domestic. Tfa did 90 million it's 3rd weekend,this will probably do 60-70 million 3rd weekend and then after that deadpool 2 and solo release back to back and will take out some of the legs.

Tfa dropped 39% it's 2nd weekend,this dropped 56%. So that 90 million behind figure is going to keep getting bigger by the day. Tfa week day numbers are blowing away this films as well. Like I'm talking doubling what IW is doing

There's a strong possibility black panther makes more domestically than this at the end.

if this film has the same Opening weekend multiplier that age of ultron did that would put it finishing around 616 million. If it has the same Opening weekend multiplier of the avengers that would put it at around 770 million. So far it's tracking closer to ultrons legs then avengers.

This article puts things into perspective, as it goes deep into the number crunching.

[snippet]

One of the more impressive stats of Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ record-breaking run was that it barely missed this “milestone,” falling $98.7 million ($247.9m - $149.2m) in its second weekend. Although, to be fair, it did have Christmas Day falling on its second Friday. While Suicide Squad fell a whopping 67% in weekend two and fell $90m between weekends ($133.6m - $43.6m = $90m), it stuck around for the rest of the summer and turned out to be leggier than Captain America: Civil War and still cross $325m domestic. So, if we just look at the ten members of the club, what kind of legs can Avengers: Infinity War expect to have from this point onward?

The leggiest such release is (ha!) Star Wars: The Last Jedi (1.68x its ten-day total), followed by The Avengers (1.67x) and Jurassic World (1.62x). Next, we have Avengers: Age of Ultron (1.46x), Iron Man 3 (1.43x), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II (1.39x) Captain America: Civil War (1.38x) The Twilight Saga: New Moon (1.28x) and Batman v Superman (1.27x). I am amused by how frontloaded those “hero versus hero” sequels were even with polar-opposite receptions. I think we can rule out The Last Jedi (no holiday bumps) and both New Moon and Batman v Superman (general audiences like Avengers: Infinity War), but the rest of the comparisons may be fair game.

Let’s put Avengers (which would give Infinity War a whopping $753 million domestic total) and Jurassic World ($730m) into the “unlikely, but possible” category for now. Infinity War obviously doesn’t have summer weekdays, but it has an extra week with no competition and the buzz around Infinity War is solid. If we’re being realistic, we’re looking at a multiplier of between Civil War ($622m) and Age of Ultron ($659m), or just above Titanic ($658m) and Jurassic World ($652m). Averaging out those four (Age of Ultron, Harry Potter 7.2, Iron Man 3 and Civil War) out gets you 1.41x, which gives Infinity War $639m domestic. And that sounds plausible, all things considered.

The variables remain that extra week of no competition and whether Deadpool 2 will play so old than Infinity War will still get the kids until Solo. But we now have enough movies that dropped over $100 million in their second weekend to have math to play with, which says something about the frontloaded nature of moviegoing. And when you look at the multipliers after the second weekend, you’ll notice that Age of Ultron wasn’t exactly loathed by audiences while Captain America: Civil War wasn’t embraced as the MCU savior it was described as upon release. And it is still possible, in terms of legs, that Infinity War will just be another big MCU summer kickoff offering.

Box Office: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Joins $100 Million Losers Club

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Also [and perhaps off topic], the article raised an interesting point when comparing Captain America: Civil War to Avengers: Age of Ultron.

i.e. AoU, despite having a more... negative [divisive?] reaction by [hardcore?] fans... was actually a leggier movie domestically [more people went to see it over and over after it's first two weekends] than Civil War, which is a movie that has been lauded as one of the best MCU movies to date and essentially Avengers 2.5.

So idk what that says about the average movie goer vs the hardcore comic nerd, and perceptions

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
What's even more shocking is the fact that on paper this was pretty difficult to screw up and if you had told me that this was possible I would have never believed you.

I can't get over how badly DC damaged their brand. And how easy this should have been.

You have actors and directors now begging to be in the Marvel movies and nobody wants to touch DC with a ten-foot pole. When the Fox deal closes (no way they don't make a deal of some sorts) you will have people begging to be in X-Men and Fantastic Four. Damn this sucks.

It's gotten so bad now I'm not even excited about Aquaman

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
People were gonna hate on DC regardless of what they did but they definitely fukked up with that Batman vs Superman bullshyt

They also rushed the Justice League movie

They should’ve waited til everyone had their own solo movie before they Justice League

DC can still be successful but the next couple movies have to be good

They also need to start giving some lesser known heros their own movies like Marvel did with Guardians,Antman,and Dr Strange

People are tired of Batman and Superman

We’ve been getting Batman and Superman movies,tv shows,and cartoons for decades

enough is enough

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
People were gonna hate on DC regardless of what they did but they definitely fukked up with that Batman vs Superman bullshyt

They also rushed the Justice League movie

They should’ve waited til everyone had their own solo movie before they Justice League

DC can still be successful but the next couple movies have to be good

They also need to start giving some lesser known heros their own movies like Marvel did with Guardians,Antman,and Dr Strange

People are tired of Batman and Superman

We’ve been getting Batman and Superman movies,tv shows,and cartoons for decades

enough is enough

That is categorically untrue. BVS was a monster of a opening weekend just based on the premise of those two going at it until word got around it was awful.

Nolan shyt broke all sorts of records. Batman Superman WW and even Green Lantern are better household names than Iron Man Thor or Black Panther.

Wonder Woman did great. As it was quality.

Stop making bad movies. Period.

Last edited:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Alls I’s knows is...... when Chadwick, MBJ, Lupita, Dania, and Letitia walk of their houses and on the street.

EVERYONE sees Black Panther, Killmonger, Nakia, Okoye, and Shuri.:youngsabo:

When Ray Fisher walks out his.... most people just see a black man and some people just see Ray Fisher.:mjlol:

Martha

Hmm would say Michonne for Dania, but yeah true for rest average joes now