AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
"AVENGERS......ASSEMBLE!" :ohlawd: :blessed: :ahh:

That right there would've made the movie for me but there were a bunch of stuff to love. I was shocked at how well the story unfolded, Thanos getting murdered very early in the movie, in a really weak state after fulfilling his goal was dope. Tony finding a new life with his family was needed and it didn't felt forced or shoehorned.

Time travel fukkery was explained well enough and I liked every mission except the one for the Soul Stone. Honestly I don't give two shyts about Black Widow and Hawkeye is fine but I could've cared less about either one dying. It was really smart having them taking that trip though, the two most expendable Avengers going on a suicide mission.

A LOT of comedy, more than I was expecting. But most of the jokes landed for me, which isn't normally the case with MCU movies.

Really liked how they made Nebula such a big factor without making it feel forced, I was really impressed by that.

This was Cap's movie all the way btw. Most fun mission going back, the real leader of this whole thing, got to give a cool speech. He did the Avengers Assembled line and fukking wielded Mjolnir and went toe to toe with Thanos. AND he got the happiest of endings going back in time and living the life he always wanted. He won the film.

I don't have big complaints but my issues were:

-Tony figuring the time travel stuff in what seemed to be 1 night. At least make it clear dude thought about for a while :heh:

-Hulk being comedy relief. After getting clowned by Thanos and bytching out in IW, Banner merges with Hulk to be a funny scientist and wield the new gauntlet. That's it. Color me underwhelmed :francis:

-I've never cared about Carol Danvers, didn't even want to see her film. And she didn't feel needed in this one. She randomly saves Tony. Then disappears - for a good reason at least - until the final battle were she has a couple of moments to shine and show how powerful she is, but it felt shoehorned in. You can tell Markus, McFeely and the Russos were whatever about her. The good thing is that she's pretty much a non factor for 95% of the movie.

-Pepper being a beast with her Iron Woman suit felt out of left field for me :heh:

BTW I think T'Challa is gonna be the new leader of the Avengers :banderas:

The lady avengers moment is gonna piss off so many people in here it's gonna be hilarious. That shyt was completely forced, but it last no more than 2 minutes and it was completely harmless. "THEN WHY DO IT? :damn:" well, because it's fukking harmless and it doesn't take a lot of time from the movie, at all.

All i wanna know is did Falcon, Rhodey, and especially T’Challa get cool moments to shine?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
All i wanna know is did Falcon, Rhodey, and especially T’Challa get cool moments to shine?
Yes for both, Especially Falcon. His entrance had a breh like,
giphy.gif

What happened to falcon at the end had me like.
:salute:
Low key my favorite black hero now, when he was last going in. even though i still liked him.

Black Panther had a cool lil action sequence but that was pretty much it. Okoye really got more shine tbh. treat her like an OG avenger.

Rhodey was a major part of the movie too, treated like the OG avenger he is. But i can't point any specific standout scenes with either of them.

This Film was mostly Cap, Ironman, Thor, Hulk, Widow, and Haweye. Everyone else was supporting characters.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Thor duel wielding Storm-breaker and Mjlonir was probably the most epic fight scene. Followed by Cap vs Cap. But, while these fight scenes had a larger scale to them. I felt like the action in infinity war was much better. :yeshrug:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
alright damn finally been waiting on this thread since Wed:pachaha:

Some thoughts unfiltered thoughts from only one viewing thats now been 2 days :

First off the tone for this thing was way more lighter than I expected coming off Infinity War, like his was Marvel being way more goofy than I thought/I think in that respects Infinity War was better?

Killing Stoneless Thanos at the start was a surprise but yeah the time travel thing is convenient but then again this a comic book movie, anything is possible. For some reason fighting a Thanos from the past unaware of his power seemed less impactful

Everyone being snapped back but the world moving 5 years ahead.....surely thats gonna be weird for people. Especially for like Peter Parker. Half the people in that school gotta be clowning the other half:pachaha: Well shyt they not even in school now I guess:mjlol: . Seriously theres some :sitdown: consequences for the earth's teenage population with that shyt right?

Banner basically making Grey Hulk without being Grey was interesting. So he couldnt get him to show up in Infinity War but now this He's just stuck as Banner in Hulk's body ?:pachaha:

Thor looking:flabbynsick: this whole movie on some lebowski shyt was weird. Also is it just me or does his life after Infinity War seem like Aquaman from Justice League? Yeah I dont know they made Thor a little bit too goofy in this even more than Ragnarok.
Nobody fell off harder from one movie to another than he did. How you go from being the Ruler of Aasgard and BRING ME THANOS!:ohlawd: in Infinity war to being flabby as fukk literally to jockeying with Pete Quill for leadership of the Guardians?:scusthov: My man going out sad, I'd rather he died a noble death:mjlol:

The Natasha death was kinda surprising :leon: a little bit out of left field too and they made a point that she aint coming back cause she sacrificed herself (Although I mean they could pull a Gamora and bring her back from the past) ....so I guess when they said her Black Widow movie was coming and they said standalone movie , they really mean it. Guess its gonna be a prequel and one and done?

Hawkeye finally got his due as Ronin, probably the best showcase of the movie:salute:

Tony and Pepper having a kid...I mean I get its 5 years later but like, I feel they doing that to tug at the heartstrings for later

I guess with Cassie growing up (which seem way more than 5 years btw:patrice:) they rushing to have her character show up in future movies

I didnt cry when Tony died at the end, I kinda thought both him and Steve werent gonna make it. Makes sense he did the sacrifice since this thing started. Actually now that I think about it, I didnt feel sad at first but I am gonna miss RDJ not being in Marvel going forward but its only right her passed to torch to Peter as the face of the MCU in some ways.

Actually now Im sad thinking about it :mjcry:

The whole time travel thing going back to essentially previous movies in the franchise to get the stones back....I dont know how I feel about that, its nice but also feels like a way to try and get as many people in cameos from the past. So that in respect good job, they got everyone they contractually could?

Also someone had a theory that if Loki from the past escaped the Stark Building after the battle of New York with the septer, is Loki from the present really dead? I guess this explains his Disney plus show, he probably travels dimension to dimension

Cap:mjcry: Im glad he got that ending man...Man went to the past and stayed and lived out as an old man and got the last dance with Peggy. It was cool to see old Cap in the present give Sam the shield that had me :to:

One thing though: You trying to tell me Cap went back to the past (or some point like the 70s) and just let history take its course?:comeon: He never changed anything :comeon:
Also if he stays there....doesnt that have a domino effect on everything else. Like with the Avengers, Winter Solider, Civil War etc? :patrice:

How does this shyt work

But yo the one scene that got emotional and gave me goosebumps was the final battle.....Cap is down and all of Thanos army is there and you thinking he bout to die and then all of sudden.....everyone who was snapped returns plus the people alive, and all the Marvel heroes (well again ones they could contractually get:pachaha:) showing up had me :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

I see some people sayin the Wakanda battle in Infinity War like breh from Whatculture was better but I dont know man even if we didnt see everything just that moment of everyone assembling from all the movies was:wow::wow::wow:

Also Captain Marvel only being in it at the beginning and the end to kinda save a little was interesting. I dont know if people will like it that she wasnt in or hate that she kinda came through at the last minute

Y'all peep that ladies of Marvel charge in the battle too huh:lolbron:

Also another thing....Thor's Hammer choosing Cap:skip: Yo believe me when I tell you Thor really going out sad. Man is alive and probably wont even be in Thor 4, Tessa got that now:mjlit:

I liked the no post credits thing except the sound of Tony building the first suit from the first Iron Man.

Everything for Marvel at this point is different. Yeah new characters need sequels and with X-Men and FF coming in they'll have more stuff but you notice they still havent named what are the 3 Marvel movies coming out in 2020 and its almost May 2019:picard: These movies might not come out and they'll probably take their time and figure out the new era so theres no need for post credits to set anything up

If anything the disney plus shows are where its going. And to be honest by next year with Shield ending and all of the Marvel shows (except Runaways and Cloak and Dagger which barely have any connection to any Marvel live action universe)

After Spidey the whole Marvel live action universe gonna be like a new chapter. Not a reboot or reset, the continuity going but i wouldnt be surprised if things are different

one thing I thought was cool in the credits, yes they saved the original Avengers names for the last with the signatures but I also thought it was cool how the non Avengers Marvel characters got first credit and that had me thinking they might be the new team going forward (Strange, T'Challa, Peter, Valkyrie, Carol)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
"AVENGERS......ASSEMBLE!" :ohlawd: :blessed: :ahh:

That right there would've made the movie for me but there were a bunch of stuff to love. I was shocked at how well the story unfolded, Thanos getting murdered very early in the movie, in a really weak state after fulfilling his goal was dope. Tony finding a new life with his family was needed and it didn't felt forced or shoehorned.

Time travel fukkery was explained well enough and I liked every mission except the one for the Soul Stone. Honestly I don't give two shyts about Black Widow and Hawkeye is fine but I could've cared less about either one dying. It was really smart having them taking that trip though, the two most expendable Avengers going on a suicide mission.

A LOT of comedy, more than I was expecting. But most of the jokes landed for me, which isn't normally the case with MCU movies.

Really liked how they made Nebula such a big factor without making it feel forced, I was really impressed by that.

This was Cap's movie all the way btw. Most fun mission going back, the real leader of this whole thing, got to give a cool speech. He did the Avengers Assembled line and fukking wielded Mjolnir and went toe to toe with Thanos. AND he got the happiest of endings going back in time and living the life he always wanted. He won the film.

I don't have big complaints but my issues were:

-Tony figuring the time travel stuff in what seemed to be 1 night. At least make it clear dude thought about for a while :heh:

-Hulk being comedy relief. After getting clowned by Thanos and bytching out in IW, Banner merges with Hulk to be a funny scientist and wield the new gauntlet. That's it. Color me underwhelmed :francis:

-I've never cared about Carol Danvers, didn't even want to see her film. And she didn't feel needed in this one. She randomly saves Tony. Then disappears - for a good reason at least - until the final battle were she has a couple of moments to shine and show how powerful she is, but it felt shoehorned in. You can tell Markus, McFeely and the Russos were whatever about her. The good thing is that she's pretty much a non factor for 95% of the movie.

-Pepper being a beast with her Iron Woman suit felt out of left field for me :heh:

BTW I think T'Challa is gonna be the new leader of the Avengers :banderas:

The lady avengers moment is gonna piss off so many people in here it's gonna be hilarious. That shyt was completely forced, but it last no more than 2 minutes and it was completely harmless. "THEN WHY DO IT? :damn:" well, because it's fukking harmless and it doesn't take a lot of time from the movie, at all.

Pos Rep and Dap

You actually captured my thoughts better than I did

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Also nice touch with Steve saying Hail Hydra in the elevator to :troll: the comic book heads who were mad a couple of years back about Cap joining Hydra in the comics like they thought it was permanent or not a swerve. I still dont get why people were mad about that:pachaha:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If BP legit doesn’t have a single line of dialogue i’m not seeing this shyt in theaters i’ll just wait till it hits Disney Plus or some shyt.

I ain’t sitting through three hours without any black excellence. Does War Machine get any love or heroics? Does Falcon?
Black oanther has one line

War machine is in it alot
Falcon becomes captain america

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did doctor strange give up the time stone? Thanks wouldnt jave been able tl get it from him, so he gives it up for more ppl to end up dying

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally the biggest laugh for me was when all the women in the room got giddy like :shaq: at the tease of Thor having his long hair back, then the camera panned down and you could see the fat around his waist and women were like :dwillhuh: and when he turned around all the women instantly hit the :damn:. shyt was hysterical. :deadrose:
melted ice cream

ice-cream-cone-doorstep.jpg

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Only logical answer could be that all of Peter's friends/class got erased in the snap too, so they all came back at the same age five years in the future. The logistics of half the earth's population being now five years younger than the rest is massively fukked up though, but they had the problem that for some (Tony's daughter) they couldn't reset the time line, and for others (Peter) they couldn't let them age five years so this is the completely fukked up middleway.

That was the one thing I couldn't help but think all day after I saw it

If this was a DC film we wouldnt hear the end of it

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I suppose you don't care about being spoiled so I'm gonna be blunt with most stuff except 1 thing I think you should just watch on film.

-Rhodey got more screen time than in any other movie I think. He didn't have any spectacular moment in battle though. Like, he was an important part of the team by how others interacted to him and the stuff he had to do, but he didn't have anything :krs: worthy.

-Falcon on the other hand does have some nice showings. And it makes sense because not only is he gonna have his own show for Disney+, the ending leaves him with a HUGE responsibility going forward. He got a huge push in status.

-T'Challa just commands every second he's on screen breh. He has a very short appearance in the movie (every snapped character is in the film just for the final battle), but every shot he has he's made to feel important. Like I said, I'm pretty sure he's gonna lead the Avengers going forward.

-Okoye is mostly an afterthought. I guess they had to keep someone from Wakanda alive to "take care of things" but that's pretty much her role, off screen "leader".