AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The way I look at these time travel related issues w/the plot is that they (Russo brothers) comedically gave themselves a loophole by having Bruce and co. discuss Back to the Future and all of the other time travel movies that were riddled with inconsistencies to their plot’s own logic and thus coming to the conclusion that all of them suffer from lapses in logic because it’s dealing with something that even astrophysicists can’t fully explain
Its why they the GOAT pop culture directors.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they keep saying that, but it's technically not "official" yet, and i just can't imagine why that needs to exist now.
They’ve been saying that going forward they’re not necessarily married to the idea of all the movies taking place in the same time period. But I am with you in that it seems like some shyt they should just make a series out of if you’re that pressed

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
It's funny how political the word pandering has become. What is pandering? Servicing a particular demographic. Comic book movies have been "pandering" to white straight males since they began but it's not called pandering. It's only called pandering when it's catering to someone other than them.

In recent memory:
BP, WW, Captain Marvel those weren't pandering....

SW films, Ghostbusters reboot, etc...that is pandering....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If it existed prior to the #MeToo shyt then it can't be pandering. :gucci:

Not really trying to get into a big ass debate about this, but I'm not following the logic here.

It's like this....Marvel has been doing the same shyt (dealing with social issues, racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.) for decades....literally, dozens of years.

Just because there's a backlash over people ODing with that shyt in 2019....doesn't mean Marvel should deviate from what they've been doing since the 60's.

Fred.

Yeah this is what tripping me out too. That’s like being mad at subway for making sandwiches when sandwiches become the in thing.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo, the more i try to think about the time travel stuff, the more confused i am. Cap living his life changes everything. maybe i'm misinterpreting the rules Banner laid out (i definitely am) but Cap living fukks everything no? that's gotta be the inciting incident for everything moving forward.
I think Cap lived an alternate timeline.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
"Cap....on your left"

"AVENGERS!!!!!!.....assemble":demonic:

Me:
tenor.gif

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
It's funny how political the word pandering has become. What is pandering? Servicing a particular demographic. Comic book movies have been "pandering" to white straight males since they began but it's not called pandering. It's only called pandering when it's catering to someone other than them.
It's gotten to the point now and people are so conditioned that even folks in this very thread only want the comic movies to cater to white males, and any attempt to make it more canon to the actual source material is a no go to them. I understand that people don't want to accept anything that might interfere with their sheltered, fragile bubble, it just couldn't be me.