AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
It’s not pandering to speak to your consumers. And when your consumers are black, brown, white, women, men, gay, bi, etc you need to speak to them. You need things in your product they can relate to. Marvel as a comic company has done this since their inception. So why would the movies be any different?
It is pandering. And it’s lazy af.

You can speak to people in a better way than trash that’s only there for memes.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Saw somebody say they may have been talking about Namor when referencing the underwater earthquakes
oh shyt. that might be true. why else even have that line? they need to make Black Panther 2 more of an "Event" b/c the conflicted king T'Challa was kind of a boring character. dude was great in his few minutes in this movie and Cival War. also, excellent little subtle callback of him calling Clint by his name as their last interaction was "i don't care."

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
we live in a troll society. everyone's a fukkin a$$hole. the chicks in battle scene was amazing if only for that alone. they even kinda nudged at that kinda garbage with the kid calling Korg a dikkhead on Fortnight (Korg is the GOAT - few things made me happier than seeing him again)
I feel you on that part. But trolling people you don’t like doesn’t make it good :pachaha:

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
My theater not getting hype when BP rolled up is the #1 reason I'm seeing it again, but in a much different area.

I saw it at 7 out near the sticks so it was bare typical nerds in there. The dudes beside me we're overanalyzing the fukk out if EVERYTHING Carol did :francis:

Can't wait to see this with the people :wow:
:russ:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I feel you on that part. But trolling people you don’t like doesn’t make it good :pachaha:
it's just he way of life now. not saying it's a good thing. it fukkin sucks, but if you can take little jabs at the "bad" people, fukk em. you know they're never gonna let up

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It is pandering. And it’s lazy af.

You can speak to people in a better way than trash that’s only there for memes.

And sometimes the simplest ways work because it gives people something they can respond to emotionally and viscerally. Emotion isn’t about logic or about being lazy; it’s about making a connection. So a group of people don’t have to twist their brains during the scene where all the women team up and get their A Force on. They can just react. So another group can have the same reaction when black panther and shuri show up. Movies are about emotional responses.

Comics do the same thing. I’m sure there were a whole bunch of people who said marvel was pandering when they created black panther in the 60s or luke cage or carol danvers etc but the people who disagreed were probably the people who needed to see that shyt and cried tears of joy when they did. Those same people who did cartwheels when they saw into the spider verse.

Let people enjoy what they enjoy and have something for them. Even if you don’t agree with how it’s being dealt to them.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm actually kinda pumped for Black Widow now and I'll tell ya why... they must have an insane story planned, b/c why should anyone give a fukk about a prequel for a dead character? why do we need her origin post death?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
it's just he way of life now. not saying it's a good thing. it fukkin sucks, but if you can take little jabs at the "bad" people, fukk em. you know they're never gonna let up
I think the way get at people is by just making good content.:hubie:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
And sometimes the simplest ways work because it gives people something they can respond to emotionally and viscerally. Emotion isn’t about logic or about being lazy; it’s about making a connection. So a group of people don’t have to twist their brains during the scene where all the women team up and get their A Force on. They can just react. So another group can have the same reaction when black panther and shuts show up. Movies are about emotional responses.

Comics do the same thing. I’m sure there were a whole bunch of people who said marvel was pandering when they created black panther in the 60s or luke cage or carol danvers etc but the people who disagreed were probably the people who needed to see that shyt and cried tears of joy when they did. Those same people who did cartwheels when they saw into the spider verse.

Let people enjoy what they enjoy and have something for them. Even if you don’t agree with how it’s being dealt to them.
We’re just going to disagree because I just think it’s trash.

It already wrecked Star Wars. Hopefully it doesn’t do the same for Marvel.