AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This has to be the peak for marvel? This can never be topped.

Everybody agree or no?
The eventual reboot with ALL of the characters and no limitations can.

I felt this was a good movie on its own merits, but the complete abandonment of the source material, the time travel copout, and anything involving Captain Marvel bothered me. I give it a 7. If I never read the comics it would be a very strong 9.

Last edited:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Another thing is I heard 1 reviewer say you don't have to had watch all the other marvel films to keep up with this one, and I totally disagree. You won't appreciate this one if you haven't watched the other marvel movies.

Yup. Even little things like the one scene in homecoming where spiderman suit says "ACTIVATING INSTANT KILL MODE" and peter freaks out and tells the suit to to turn it off. When he actually did turn it on this movie it made me smile. Most people probably dont even remember that

Daps
Last post before I take it down for the night. It's been said before, but the humanization of Thanos (well, the original timeline Thanos anyway) was superb.

Dude merks half the life in the universe and you somehow still respect his moral character. He had access to the greatest power in existence and willingly gave it up because it represented "temptation." He was just a hobbled old man wanting to live in peace, cooking meals over a fire in a log cabin, minding his business like a hermit instead of ruling the universe like a God. Gotta respect him staying true to his principles.

He was a defenseless broken shell of his former glory.

And that bully Thor went flying guillotine on his ass when he posed no threat to nobody anymore. :to:

RIP OG Thanos. :rip:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Perhaps if Tony knew that’d he’d have to die, dude would have spent the whole battle contemplating another solution but would have blown the chance. Dude would be able to think about his family more.

Right at that second dude was probably acting on instinct.

The next main antagonist will fall short of Thanos if their goals and motive are not as intricate/unique (but can’t be overly complex either). They’re also going to have to bring some swag to it too.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
Last post before I take it down for the night. It's been said before, but the humanization of Thanos(well, the original timeline Thanos anyway) was superb.

Dude merks half the life in the universe and you somehow still respect his moral character. He had access to the greatest power in existence and willingly gave it up because it represented "temptation." He was just a hobbled old man wanting to live in peace, cooking meals over a fire in a log cabin, minding his business like a hermit instead of ruling the universe like a God. Gotta respect him staying true to his principles.

He was a defenseless broken shell of his former glory.

And that bully Thor went flying guillotine on his ass when he posed no threat to nobody anymore. :to:

RIP OG Thanos. :rip:
I hated the bolded. Stick to the source material. The Thanos we all know is a ruthless dictator who inflicts pain and suffering just for the thrill.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Does some one wanna take a crack at explaining old cap at the end. I thought I was ok with it just until I started thinking about it.

He seemingly Comes back from.the past, presumably staying to long and aging, but it doesn't seem like he used the time portal to get back ?

Daps
I hated the bolded. Stick to the source material. The Thanos we all know is a ruthless dictator who inflicts pain and suffering just for the thrill.

Ehh. I was OK with it once they scrapped the Lady Death angle. If he's not killing for the sake of it, how else were they gonna justify the threat?

A purely sadistic character in the MCU probably could work somehow, but it would be even harder to pull off given that the audience kinda knows the threat isn't sustainable given the monetary value of the heroes involved.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
it's 3am local time, i just got back.

-where is Loki?
-It's only fitting Tony sacrificed himself
-Thor was jokes this whole 3 hours. :pachaha:
-The Ancient One's part was so dope :wow:.
-I wonder if Cap unlocked mutants, eternals, inhumans, etc...when he went back and stayed. Did he create some alternate timeline where they exist now.
-Failcon's little ragedy ass moment where he killed the alien gorilla thing. :mjlol:
-Scarlet Witch cuttin loose :ooh:
-Who else thought Galactus was coming in when the ships aimed at the sky.:mjgrin: I was like "oh shyt, if that big purple hand come out them clouds i'ma act stupid! :damn:"
-THAT EARTHQUAKE UNDER THE SEE THAT OKOYE MENTIONED GOTTA BE NAMOR :steviej:
-that cheap ass plot device with Nebula computer brain being linked :aicmon:
-WHEN EVERYBODY CAME OUT THEM PORTALS:ahh:fukkING EPIC SCENE. EVERYBODY WAS THERE! :ohlawd:
-T'CHALLA GETTING THAT OFFICIAL NOD :salute:

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
it's 3am local time, i just got back.

-where is Loki?
-It's only fitting Tony sacrificed himself
-Thor was jokes this whole 3 hours. :pachaha:
-The Ancient One's part was so dope :wow:.
-I wonder if Cap unlocked mutants, eternals, inhumans, etc...when he went back and stayed. Did he create some alternate timeline where they exist now.
-Failcon's little ragedy ass moment where he killed the alien gorilla thing. :mjlol:
-Scarlet Witch cuttin loose :ooh:
-Who else thought Galactus was coming in when the ships aimed at the sky.:mjgrin: I was like "oh shyt, if that big purple hand come out them clouds i'ma act stupid! :damn:"
-THAT EARTHQUAKE UNDER THE SEE THAT OKOYE MENTIONED GOTTA BE NAMOR :steviej:
-that cheap ass plot device with Nebula computer brain being linked :aicmon:
-WHEN EVERYBODY CAME OUT THEM PORTALS:ahh:fukkING EPIC SCENE. EVERYBODY WAS THERE! :ohlawd:
-T'CHALLA GETTING THAT OFFICIAL NOD :salute:
Loki is getting a TV show on Disney's streaming thing, that's why he vanished.