AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can sum up this movie in one word: Sacrifice. I honestly wasn’t expecting this much of it in this. I wonder if Dr. Strange knew Tony had to die when he surrendered the stone the first time or more like why didn’t he tell him beforehand?
He did. If you remember during the final battle he said that if he told Tony what the plan was then he wouldn’t go through with it.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol was anybody at the ones yall went to crying? I had this grown white man crying his heart out next to me when iron man died . . I'm like :dwillhuh: nikka sniffling and shyt wiping his eyes with his shirt :mjlol:

but than again thats why I go opening day for shyt like that :russ:

opening day has the most emotional crowd lol

I was in the last row. When it went to black and credits rolled, not a single person moved. I saw a couple people here say no end credit scene so after like a legit 30 seconds I got up and awkwardly dipped, not a single other person stood up :dahell:

I could def here some people crying on my way out

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Movie was borderline garbage. Should be titled Avengers: The recap. Honestly felt they were trolling. Seriously was on the verge of sleep multiple times before the last 45 minutes and even the final action sequence wasn't enough. Pluses on more Thanos quasi-philosophical s*** talking and that's about it.

2/5. If you're big on Marvel movies see it if not I'd recommend waiting a month or two for a crispy rip.

Black Widow character is absolute trash in all these movies so I was :blessed: when she got offed for the stone. If only there was a sensible way to make Hawkeye join her :francis:

:snooze::snooze::snooze:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
How did Iron Man get the stones from Thanos at the end? It looked like he grabbed onto the gauntlet on Thanos hand, then the next shot Tony had them all.

I might be one of few that liked Captain Marvel's end battle entrance. She fukked that ship up.

Same think I was kinda wondering. I guess they transferred from Thanos iron Man glove to rdj iron Man glove when Tony grabbed Thanos.

That 3rd act final battle.. from the moment Ironman, Cap, and Thor pulled up on Thanos on through RDJ's death scene.... was probably the GOAT single hour of comic book fan service ever. I wasn't sad or emotional about Tony dying or the fallout of everything; I kinda felt at peace, and content. Like seeing an athlete retire at just the right time, still on top and before he gets too flabby. Like Usain Bolt in the last Olympics when he still won that shyt but you could tell father time was catching up on him. That's how I felt about RDJ.

That said, halfway through the movie I said to myself that Infinity War was better. Granted, that's contingent on how invested you were in the older MCU movies and the lingering character subplots, bc this movie made a point to bring closure to a lot of ish outside of what was setup in Infinity War. Thor meeting his mom, Tony meeting his dad, Steve seeing his chick, Hawkeye's entire existence... personally, I didn't really come into the movie caring about any of that, so those scenes and anything with Ant-Man kinda dragged a bit for me.

I think this was the most charismatic they've made Rhodey,,, like ever. He was great with the jokes and when they had Carol wish him well specifically during the hologram meeting, I was surprised they'd give any subtlety to those two being an item in the comics.

The moment between Sam and old Cap was touching, although since Sam has had limited screen time since Civil War, I don't think the build up/weight of it is what it could've been. Still, it adds intrigue to this Sam and Bucky show though.

Black Panther had a cool lil action sequence and nice nod by having him be the first of the un-dusted heroes to appear for the audience applause, but otherwise he didn't really do much. Not that I expected much since this was about Cap/IM/Thor

Black Widow... :manny:

All in all, I found it a fitting end to the MCU phase (or RDJ) era, I thought they stuck the landing. I actually felt a bit burnt out afterwards. Still, it'll be interesting what is revealed in comic con as far as what they have mapped out next (past what's already been revealed).

Props to RDJ for turning his life around giving us a dope movie character straight from the funny pages

I said it in the main thread but I enjoyed IW build up more but i feel like the pay off in this makes it the better movie, imo.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
He did. If you remember during the final battle he said that if he told Tony what the plan was then he wouldn’t go through with it.

I believe he still would’ve went through with it if that meant that his family would be safe. I don’t think Tony was afraid of death. He was more afraid of failing again.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I was for sure expecting a subtle hint dropped showing what the next phase of movies big bad would be.

I don’t think Marvel just wants to throw just any main villain out. Next one has to be much better than Thanos on a larger scale so I’m not expecting to hear about that for awhile as the build up towards Thanos took a minute.

Daps
Packed theater 10:30pm Imax screening. And I actually got a good seat cuz somebody cancelled last minute last night when I ordered my ticket.

:blessed:

Man, the two things I wanted to see more than anything and thought would happen in this movie were:

1. Cap lifting Mjolnir
2. An X-Men Easter Egg

One outta two ain't bad, lol.

But I swear, as soon as Thor got Mjolnir back when he went to Asgard, I knew what the climactic scene of the movie was gonna involve. I been waiting to see Cap lift that damn hammer for damn near 7 years and Marvel came thru.

:wow:

But so much shyt happened in this film I feel like on a rewatch you're gonna damn near have to take notes. I had a ton of questions but the only one I can remember now was me laughing and thinking if Ned is supposed to be this whiz kid computer genius, why the fukk is that nikka still in high school after 5 years?

:deadrose:

momma

All Star
Daps
I did have some qualms with the movie. I thought a lot of the gags / jokes ran just a little too long and tonally clashed with the story. Clint in about 2 minutes goes from P.G.-13 Punisher to joking around with a racc00n. I want the jokes to be peppered in, like how they did it in Infinity War. For example, I don’t really like there being elongated gags during a time-sensitive heist mission with the literal fate of the universe at play, or them listing time travel movies which really kinda takes you out of the fictional world and situation at hand.

I also think there’s just a shyttonnery of things they tried to fit into this movie, that at the end I don’t know if they really told a cohesive and tight enough of a story. In Infinity War, Thanos was the main character and all roads lead to him, which made the ensemble storytelling work - in this movie, that focus was a lot more scattered and divided. I’m sort of reminded of Age of Ultron in that regard.

Those are my complaints. The glories of the movie really speak for themselves. I’m still geeking out over Captain America running around w Mjolnir

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Packed theater 10:30pm Imax screening. And I actually got a good seat cuz somebody cancelled last minute last night when I ordered my ticket.

:blessed:

Man, the two things I wanted to see more than anything and thought would happen in this movie were:

1. Cap lifting Mjolnir
2. An X-Men Easter Egg

One outta two ain't bad, lol.

But I swear, as soon as Thor got Mjolnir back when he went to Asgard, I knew what the climactic scene of the movie was gonna involve. I been waiting to see Cap lift that damn hammer for damn near 7 years and Marvel came thru.

:wow:

But so much shyt happened in this film I feel like on a rewatch you're gonna damn near have to take notes. I had a ton of questions but the only one I can remember now was me laughing and thinking if Ned is supposed to be this whiz kid computer genius, why the fukk is that nikka still in high school after 5 years?

:deadrose:
What was the X Men easter egg?