AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
Shazam a better film? Lmaooo. That film was nothing special at all, wildly overrated
I could say the same thing about Endgame. Tons of hype for a movie that dragged. I went into Shazam expecting nothing and enjoyed the entire thing

Couldn’t find the Michael Scott gif but this will have to do

giphy.gif

We not gonna just let some of these hot takes go like that. shyt is irresponsible to every coli members Marvel Stan or DC stan to allow:scust:

Unless niccas want another War now that the Colinfinity Wars has concluded
Like I said I don't expect to have a rational debate on this lol, I know how this forum gets down

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I could say the same thing about Endgame. Tons of hype for a movie that dragged. I went into Shazam expecting nothing and enjoyed the entire thing

Like I said I don't expect to have a rational debate on this lol, I know how this forum gets down
I enjoyed Shazam too but it was an average super hero movie. Standard narrative, forgettable villain. Endgame has one of the best super hero villains ever, a unique narrative and superb direction. On every level it is better than Shazam.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I wouldn’t say it’s not a rational debate; we’re talking opinions. Opinions on art, which by its nature is subjective. So there’s no formulaic way to agree or disagree or prove one flick is better than the other. Just argue your points.

For me, this movie didn’t drag at all. I was completely invested from the first minute and thought it was pieced together beautifully. The lack of action didn’t bother me because it’s a movie about these characters and their emotional journeys less than how hard they can punch something. And when they did punch, it was pretty damn dope

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

It’s not rational... that’s insane. Shazaam wasn’t better than Endgame for 2 reason.

Because for years movies of that same vibe have been minimized and shyt on for years.... so now we can’t just propel this one that wasn’t even as good as its predecessors to the top.

Secondly..... it wasn’t even better than movies that Endgame was even better than.

Not on a GOAT or TRASH scale, but just generally going off the last 7 CBM movies released in the last 2 years ago or so. This was this the worst

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Just off the coli criticism and standards alone eliminate this movie from being good if we being honest cuz it checked off everything people shytted on for years.

And that’s not even my personal standards or beliefs one way or another

Just based off what cats been nitpicking and harping on for years

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The only thing that sucked on my 2nd viewing was the audience. Them "Theater #8" mothafukkas wouldn't clap or anything :wtf: Hardly any claps for Stan Lee :wtf: Casuals didn't pick up on the references :wtf:

shyt felt mad awkward the 2nd time, NOTHING will replicate that Day 1 experience.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
I enjoyed Shazam too but it was an average super hero movie. Standard narrative, forgettable villain. Endgame has one of the best super hero villains ever, a unique narrative and superb direction. On every level it is better than Shazam.
The villain in Shazam wasn't special, but the point was to illustrate a mirror between him and the main character in their respective family situations and I think it succeeded in that. Endgame doesn't have a villain for half of the movie and he doesn't even pose a threat until the final 30 minutes. When he shows up he's effectively robbed of any development he got in the previous movie and is basically a cliche DESTROY EVERYTHING villain. I loved him in IW but wasn't impressed at all with what they did with him in Endgame tbh
I wouldn’t say it’s not a rational debate; we’re talking opinions. Opinions on art, which by its nature is subjective. So there’s no formulaic way to agree or disagree or prove one flick is better than the other. Just argue your points.
Yes but there's a difference between that and LMFAOOOO GTFO *camby gif* which I see a lot of. We ain't exactly arguing cinema classics here and I don't know why this opinion is so controversial outside of stannery but here we are

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
The villain in Shazam wasn't special, but the point was to illustrate a mirror between him and the main character in their respective family situations and I think it succeeded in that. Endgame doesn't have a villain for half of the movie and he doesn't even pose a threat until the final 30 minutes. When he shows up he's effectively robbed of any development he got in the previous movie and is basically a cliche DESTROY EVERYTHING villain. I loved him in IW but wasn't impressed at all with what they did with him in Endgame tbh

Yes but there's a difference between that and LMFAOOOO GTFO *camby gif* which I see a lot of. We ain't exactly arguing cinema classics here and I don't know why this opinion is so controversial outside of stannery but here we are
I mean, when Thanos shows up for a second time he is his past self, we've already seen his development so I'm not sure how we're being robbed of it when we've already seen it. I'm not sure whether I like endgame or infinity war better but I think both of those films are objectively better than Shazam film making wise. I'm not even huge into superhero movies and I think most of them are pretty forgettable but they transcended things with infinity war and endgame

cellsius

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did have a similar feeling on the 2nd viewing where I wasn’t really all that interested in watching a lot of it. The two Thanos encounters were the only parts I looked foward to watching again. Fat Thor or professor Hulk reveals only pack a big punch on first viewing. Same with the cap and iron man stuff in the end.

Having said all that, I still think it’s a damn good movie. Just not as rewatchable as infinity war. I love a lot of movies that I’ve only seen once or twice while others I’ve seen 20-30 times. Love them both but some just have more rewatchability. That’s how I feel about Endgame.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
It’s not rational... that’s insane. Shazaam wasn’t better than Endgame for 2 reason.

Because for years movies of that same vibe have been minimized and shyt on for years.... so now we can’t just propel this one that wasn’t even as good as its predecessors to the top.

Secondly..... it wasn’t even better than movies that Endgame was even better than.

Not on a GOAT or TRASH scale, but just generally going off the last 7 CBM movies released in the last 2 years ago or so. This was this the worst
This has more to do with me viewing Endgame as a disappointment than thinking Shazam is one of the greatest comic book movies of all time honestly. I just thought Shazam was a better film. There were definitely great moments in Endgame but there's so much unimportant bloat in the middle that I just couldn't enjoy the entire thing, but I admit it's easier for a film to please with no/low expectations than it is when you have sky high expectations (though I had that for IW too) so maybe it's unfair for me to compare the two in that aspect

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
I mean, when Thanos shows up for a second time he is his past self, we've already seen his development so I'm not sure how we're being robbed of it when we've already seen it. I'm not sure whether I like endgame or infinity war better but I think both of those films are objectively better than Shazam film making wise. I'm not even huge into superhero movies and I think most of them are pretty forgettable but they transcended things with infinity war and endgame
I meant robbed because when we see him again it's basically a different version and damn near a different character. In IW I think they did a great job of making him look conflicted, like he's not even malicious he's just doing what he has to do. They also show us the weight of the sacrifices he has to make too. Then he gives a mustache-curling super bad guy speech towards the end of Endgame and it's like ok the depth is gone. I still thought the ending was fairly well done overall tho

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Yeah that I agree with. Completely. This place has turned into Arcadium light

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
This has more to do with me viewing Endgame as a disappointment than thinking Shazam is one of the greatest comic book movies of all time honestly. I just thought Shazam was a better film. There were definitely great moments in Endgame but there's so much unimportant bloat in the middle that I just couldn't enjoy the entire thing, but I admit it's easier for a film to please with no/low expectations than it is when you have sky high expectations (though I had that for IW too) so maybe it's unfair for me to compare the two in that aspect

So basically you went into one movie looking into flaws and you went into the other more hopeful and open minded?

My question now would be, why not keep that same energy for both films for consistency?

That’s another reason for day one if it’s one thing I know I always been consistent with and try to do is keep that same standard and energy of each film to have an balanced perspective and opinion.

I’m not gonna shyt on something 2 years ago but then love it now (and Vice versa) or give something a pass 5 years ago and then flip flop some years down the line like I never liked it.

I get the whole “expectations” thing but I have the ability to compartmentalize it to where I’m not gonna dramatically change and become a hypocrite