AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
What confused me is that in Infinity War, Thor's ax beat the power of ALL 5 stones and stabbed Thanos' chest.

In Endgame, Thanos, without ANY stones, used his blade (:dame:) to repel Thor's hammer AND ax (
23105-d71a3f27a0f372e08afd89c6adf6414d.jpg
) and break Capt. shield

And I had no idea Capt Marvel could handle Thanos like that

That was Thor at his peak, he was :flabbynsick: in endgame. Plus Thanos in infinity war was holding back, 2014 Thanos wanted blood.

I can accept theThor explamation, but not the Thanos one. Remember he destroyed all of Asgard in infinity war.

Another thing that was silly to me was the big beast guy who seemed to be fourth in command in Thanos' squad be easily squashed like an ant by Ant-Man. And another one of Thanos' main henchman was stabbed like it was nothing.

I had gripes with this at first, but the Russo's explanation on this works for me.

Thanos didn't know what Stormbreaker was. The guantlet is obviously more powerful but he was caught off guard.

They also explained Thanos turned into more of a holy warrior than the savage he normally was as he collected more stones. That's why he shed his armor in the end of Infinity War. You can look at it like Thanos with the gems was on a holy mission or jihad. After he got the stones they were all dead anyway. Thanos with the armor was the mad titan. Thanos at the end of Endgame was the Thanos that whooped Hulk's ass...

Thought his speech before he fought Cap, Tony and Thor buttoned it up nicely.

My biggest gripe with the movie was, everyone got a little or a lot of closure in Endgame. Hulk didn't have a full arc, and it would have been nice to see Professor Hulk and Thanos go at it one more time. Because apparently Thanos beat hulk's ass because he was a better fighter than Hulk, NOT because he was outright stronger...

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel's the master at turning the bare minimum into a spectacle.They cut so many corners in this movie, it's ridiculous.

Hulk should've wrecked shyt.Black Widow dead, trying on the Stark Gauntlet, getting bombed by Thanos, and trying to hold up a building

while his friends nearly drown? That was a reason for him to show a lil "World Breaker Hulk" & go ham in a rematch with Thanos.

The Russo Bro's are the best Marvel has to offer, but they short changed the Hulk something terrible.....................

Not only that, they only won because the real villain of the series(Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet) basically committed suicide during the 1st act.

So they never had to defeat the all powerful Thanos.Only a weakened version.I understand that's part of the whole "strategy" of the film, but still.

It was an easy out....covered in spectacle.The last battle is overrated.Other than Cap using Mjolnir & all the dusted returning, the actual fighting

was a scrambled mess...covered in spectacle.Marvel's good at what they do, tho.Gotta give em their props.They've made a gazillion bucks......

and yet, I don't think they've ever gone ALL OUT in a flick.They're the masters at giving you just enough.
They gone be mad at me..................

giphy.gif

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Agreed. Buildup kinda dragged after they killed Thanos. The final battle bought the movie up a few notches. Infinity war was better.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I had gripes with this at first, but the Russo's explanation on this works for me.

Thanos didn't know what Stormbreaker was. The guantlet is obviously more powerful but he was caught off guard.

They also explained Thanos turned into more of a holy warrior than the savage he normally was as he collected more stones. That's why he shed his armor in the end of Infinity War. You can look at it like Thanos with the gems was on a holy mission or jihad. Thanos with the armor was the mad titan. Thanos at the end of Endgame was the Thanos that whooped Hulk's ass...

Thought his speech before he fought Cap, Tony and Thor buttoned it up nicely.

My biggest gripe with the movie was, everyone got a little or a lot of closure in Endgame. Hulk didn't have a full arc, and it would have been nice to see Professor Hulk and Thanos go at it one more time. Because apparently Thanos beat hulk's ass because he was a better fighter than Hulk, NOT because he was outright stronger...
If that's what the writer say, then there's no argument there

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The first 20 minutes of Endgame was :banderas: with the swift execution of a weakened Thanos on top of the emotions all the characters go through after the snaolp, and then it drags until the last 45 minutes of the film.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
In my 2nd Viewing, I fell asleep about a half hour into the Movie for almost an Hour but woke up in time for the time travel festivities and feels:mjcry:

To Me, even though I felt asleep, my 2nd Viewing was better than the 1st. Better Seats, better crowd watching it with Me even though I had gone alone.:manny::mjcry:

:jbhmm:
:picard:
:wow:
:mjcry:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
What confused me is that in Infinity War, Thor's ax beat the power of ALL 5 stones and stabbed Thanos' chest.

In Endgame, Thanos, without ANY stones, used his blade (:dame:) to repel Thor's hammer AND ax (
23105-d71a3f27a0f372e08afd89c6adf6414d.jpg
) and break Capt. shield

And I had no idea Capt Marvel could handle Thanos like that

That was Thor at his peak, he was :flabbynsick: in endgame. Plus Thanos in infinity war was holding back, 2014 Thanos wanted blood.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
b
I dont see it passing Avatar.

What the hell gave Avatar those leg to that figure. I know I watched it but it wasnt that good for repeat viewings and such.
I thought Avatar had the cheat code too of everybody seeing it in 3D too which was damn near double the price of a regular ticket so it wouldn't need nearly as many buys.