Daps
Movie was boderline trash.

Ending setup and action saved the film

An hour and a half drama.
A jewel heist
A football game

Movie worked well as a comedy drama.

Could have easily been an action epic but they had to go for the feels

While they were doing all that football bullshyt should have been a fumble of them infinite gems with thanos forced to use one epic power at a time on the fly..

Punching captain marvel into the end of the movie :mjlol: was funny

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Movie was boderline trash.

Ending setup and action saved the film

An hour and a half drama.
A jewel heist
A football game

Movie worked well as a comedy drama.

Could have easily been an action epic but they had to go for the feels

While they were doing all that football bullshyt should have been a fumble of them infinite gems with thanos forced to use one epic power at a time on the fly..

Punching captain marvel into the end of the movie :mjlol: was funny

It's the best MCU film. How is allowing time for character development in a film that concludes a 22-film saga a bad thing? ESPECIALLY since Infinity War couldn't? I support you Mowg, but I can't ride with you on this one.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That Captain Marvel mid-credits scene was such a waste. It was never hinted at in the movie that Carol had even been back to Earth since the 90s before bringing Tony and Nebula there.
But that's the whole point. That midcredits scene explains how Captain Marvel met the Avengers, how she knew that Tony Stark was out there in space, and why she didn't need to ask a bunch of questions about where Fury was and all the shyt that had happened in-between. They basically used the mid-credits scene to shave 5 minutes off of Endgame and make the pacing better.

Some people aren't paying attention though and still think Captain Marvel met Tony before she got to Earth. :snoop:

upon further review.. i come to the realization that Dr Strange wasnt putting up a "1".

he was putting his finger to his mouth doing "shhhhhh" meaning to tony he cant say
I was pretty sure it was a 1 in real time. Has anyone confirmed?

Question...

If Cap went back in time, changed his life, ended up being married, shouldn’t the whole history of the avengers be re written then? The whole story would change no?? This why I hate that time travel nonsense
There's at least 4 different ways you can explain it, but the one most people are believing is that we've always been watching the timeline with old Capt in it. In other words, it DID change the timeline, so there's some other timeline where Capt never goes back, but this is actually the "new" timeline that we've been following the whole time, the one that was created when Capt went back. So old Captain America has always been out there somewhere in this universe, he just kept his head down so we never met him.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's the best MCU film. How is allowing time for character development in a film that concludes a 22-film saga a bad thing? ESPECIALLY since Infinity War couldn't? I support you Mowg, but I can't ride with you on this one.
It's all writing. There was a better way to condense the dramatic O honey I miss you bullshyt so an epic action scene could occur.

My son looked at me dead in my eye and asked me

"Daddy is this infinity war?"

I had to look at him and say

:dame:yes.

By the end of the movie I was rooting for thanos to just body everyone and rewrite the film.

Final battle damn near the same as the final battle from the last movie with that army against army bullshyt.

Needed to be more personal between the actual avengers and their super powered core mcu pals

Running the fade against them all with powers would have been better.

Thanos didn't even fire blasts from his hands..

Meh

Not trash but infinite war was better.:hubie:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yep, I’m thinking the Gaurdians are gonna find a way to get Gamora out of the Soul realm, and also unlock BW by happenstance.
Nah, then there'd be two Gamoras.

It's gonna be more interesting watching Quill try to find old Gamora who doesn't give a shyt about him and then reestablish a connection with her even though she never lived through all the shyt that led them to fall in love.

them hoes minus lesbian cut danvers aint do shyt tho :mjlol:

Scarlet Witch gave Thanos the biggest L he took in the whole battle though. :usure:

Had him so shook he had to call in his ship to rain fire.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh: wtf is you talking bout???
latest

DdqeA6uVwAEdN3l.jpg

Man blasts rounds?

That'll lift a rhino and knock a elephant Down

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nah, then there'd be two Gamoras.

It's gonna be more interesting watching Quill try to find old Gamora who doesn't give a shyt about him and then reestablish a connection with her even though she never lived through all the shyt that led them to fall in love.

Scarlet Witch gave Thanos the biggest L he took in the whole battle though. :usure:

Had him so shook he had to call in his ship to rain fire.
Imma repeat this but scarlet witch probably the only one shown to actually destroy an infinity stone. She way stronger than people think

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Ain’t the first Captain America set before Captain Marvel which would make it in the 80s so Captain America as thawed out in the 80s and not 2012

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I do feel like they nerfed Wanda because she was holding off Thanos in IW when he had the infinity gauntlet, and again they buffed Cap because a single hit from Thanos should've killed him, and the argument that Thanos may not have wanted to kill him before goes out the window here by Thanos' own words.
How they nerfing Wanda when she shook Thanos harder than any other Avenger? He got so shook he had to call in his ships to just blow up the whole battlefield. :dahell:

Regular humans not dying from death blows is the biggest ongoing plot hole in every superhero movie. The original blowing up of the base should have killed half of them. I just got to live with that but it gets annoying. Even in Civil War there would have been multiple deaths at their own hands if any reasonable level of physics prevailed.

Old Man Cap was cool, but him staying in the past should've messed up that whole continuity and created another timeline, which one could argue should've happened when all of them went into the past and started changing events. Nebula killing her past self should've done the same thing. The time travel was more of a curse than a blessing in this movie, but it is what it is.
It did start a new timeline, it's just the entire MCU actually takes place in the new timeline where Old Cap went back, not the original one. Perhaps the original one has subtle differences.

Nebula killing her past self DID create a new timeline. There's an alternate timeline where Nebula, Gomorra, Thanos, and the rest of them don't exist after 2014. But that's not the line the movie takes place in .

Overall, I think the logical plotholes got in the way of me enjoying this movie as much as I wanted to. If I rewatched it, I'd prolly just skip to the final battle.
Are you just saying that you won't accept any movie with time travel full stop? Cause as they pointed out themselves, all the other time travel movies have bigger plotholes. Unless you go with the "alternate timelines created" path but don't change your own timeline, then you quickly get into logical impossibilities.

What you're saying is coming from a place of fandom breh. The only experience any of them had against Thanos was taking quick L's. The only one who got a W was Thor when he was at his godliest. Stark 5 years older and not doing any heroing in 5 years is not giving Thanos the same fight he gave Thanos in Infinity War....idc. Cap wasn't doing shyt to Thanos in Infinity War...all wielding Mjolnir did was get him in the same league. Thor :heh: was notably committing attacks from long distance and playing backup because he KNEW that without Storm breaker he wasn't a match for dude even in his prime. This was no surprise attack, nor was Thanos a one armed cripple restrained after an unexpected attack
They wouldn't have made every fan happy unless Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Wanda, Captain Marvel, Drax the Destroyer, and Howard the Duck had ALL individually defeated Thanos. Then of course fans would have complained that Thanos was nerfed. :dead:

Some opinions are too trash to even engage with. This is twitter generation where everyone has a 30 second attention span, some people just want a bunch of fight scenes and think that actually makes a good movie. Infinity War had virtually no surprises and no drama, no character development cause they had to follow too many characters at once, the fight scenes weren't even that interesting because Thanos with stones was so powerful that he just bodied everyone, but people actually believe it was better solely because it had a higher fighting time to non fighting time ratio. :heh:

Daps
How they nerfing Wanda when she shook Thanos harder than any other Avenger? He got so shook he had to call in his ships to just blow up the whole battlefield. :dahell:

You got a point about that, I overlooked that because I was kind of looking at it from the standpoint of Thanos shouldn't have even been able to resist her hex magic from the jump, but that's more nitpicking than anything. Like I said, a lot to unpack.

It did start a new timeline, it's just the entire MCU actually takes place in the new timeline where Old Cap went back, not the original one. Perhaps the original one has subtle differences.

Nebula killing her past self DID create a new timeline. There's an alternate timeline where Nebula, Gomorra, Thanos, and the rest of them don't exist after 2014. But that's not the line the movie takes place in .

the way the Ancient One and Banner were talking made the point that everything was gravy continuity-wise as long as the stones were brought back to their original timeline exactly when they were removed iirc. I kind of accept that they used the stones as a plot device to solve all the possible timeline fractures their traveling would've created, it just feels a bit heavy-handed.

Are you just saying that you won't accept any movie with time travel full stop? Cause as they pointed out themselves, all the other time travel movies have bigger plotholes. Unless you go with the "alternate timelines created" path but don't change your own timeline, then you quickly get into logical impossibilities.

I'm not saying I won't accept any time travel from any film, but there's even more suspension of disbelief needed than it would otherwise be when it is incorporated into a story. Any example of it that involves people traveling through time in a non-astral form opens up logical and causality flaws, which is why some writers and producers opt to avoid it altogether.

Some opinions are too trash to even engage with. This is twitter generation where everyone has a 30 second attention span, some people just want a bunch of fight scenes and think that actually makes a good movie. Infinity War had virtually no surprises and no drama, no character development cause they had to follow too many characters at once, the fight scenes weren't even that interesting because Thanos with stones was so powerful that he just bodied everyone, but people actually believe it was better solely because it had a higher fighting time to non fighting time ratio. :heh:

IW had a much more fluid pace, and the moments of fighting were very much impactful though. I won't say the exposition wasn't necessary in Endgame because we needed to see how the world was managing after IW, but it did drag a bit at times.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Maybe this has been asked/answered but why didn't Nebula tell Clint and Nat that someone had to die in order to get the Soul Stone?
Nebula ain't exactly an emotionally considerate being. She doesn't give a shyt about either of their lives and figured it would be easier if they didn't know about the sacrifice until the moment it happened. That way they couldn't back out until shyt was real and they were forced to go through with it.

How did Iron Man get the stones from Thanos at the end? It looked like he grabbed onto the gauntlet on Thanos hand, then the next shot Tony had them all.

I might be one of few that liked Captain Marvel's end battle entrance. She fukked that ship up.
It was his own technology. He could manipulate it at will. He just told his arm on Thanos to drop the stones and then had his own arm pick them up.

In fact, if they HADN'T done that it would have been the biggest damn plot hole of the whole film. They showed earlier when Hulk put on the arm that it was totally fluid due to the nanotech. So obviously Ironman could have made Thanos drop the stones any time he wanted. Perhaps he was waiting until he got into perfect position to make the switch, or perhaps he had his eye on Thanos the whole time and wasn't gonna let him do anything too brutal. Or maybe that was the first time that he was certain he could catch all six stones without Thanos noticing it.

So Thanos was thinking his plan was :ooh: forever. He then discovers his plan was flawed :scust:

Is Thanos the Hilary Clinton of universe destroying?
Now you got me imagining a comic strip where someone asks Clinton to campaign in Wisconsin and she replies,

"I don't need to campaign in Wisconsin. I am inevitable!"