AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Same here. I was sitting right behind a few black women and they went bannanas when Shuri showed up and at the femme fatale estrogen scene.

And I ain't mad at them either. For one, I thought it was a dope scene building off the Infinity War female team up. And two, I'm all for people other than straight white men getting to be represented for a change.

It's an agenda to have a bunch of women or gay people have 10 seconds of screen time exposure but 9 flicks featuring white dudes named Chris as the saviors of the world is par for the course though, huh? :mjlol:
I swear these people live in realities where random-ass gay dudes simply never show up.

Like if ONE gay person has 10 seconds of screen time in any movie, ain't even flamboyant with it but is just there, then all of the sudden it's an "agenda".

Or having female superheros band together is an agenda.

But have Ironman, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk being the great central superheroes the entire franchise was basing itself on - four white guys banding together - oh, no agenda there, we're fine with that!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
....the dark knight made sense....spiderman 2 made sense....blade made sense....I reserve the right to speak about shyt I dont like, breh....u not go silence my truth, breh...i said let's discuss it, and ya argument isn't compelling, breh...do you tho...
There's plenty in the Dark Knight that don't make NO damn sense bruh:russ:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It's all writing. There was a better way to condense the dramatic O honey I miss you bullshyt so an epic action scene could occur.

My son looked at me dead in my eye and asked me

"Daddy is this infinity war?"

I had to look at him and say

:dame:yes.

By the end of the movie I was rooting for thanos to just body everyone and rewrite the film.

Final battle damn near the same as the final battle from the last movie with that army against army bullshyt.

Needed to be more personal between the actual avengers and their super powered core mcu pals

Running the fade against them all with powers would have been better.

Thanos didn't even fire blasts from his hands..

Meh

Not trash but infinite war was better.:hubie:

This sounds ridiculous to even say but you can’t judge this movie on its own because it is essentially a closer. Everything has been built up to this conclusion, you have to attach it with everything that has occurred since 2008. Is it the greatest movie ever made? No not even close and people saying that are just caught up in the hype. You do have to take your hat off to Marvel and give props for being the first company to achieve something on a monumental scale like this. At the end of the movie I fell back in my seat like:ohhh:and just took in what had been accomplished. Based on all of that you have to rate the movie on the merit of what it is, which is a closer to what was begun 11 years ago.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I swear these people live in realities where random-ass gay dudes simply never show up.

Like if ONE gay person has 10 seconds of screen time in any movie, ain't even flamboyant with it but is just there, then all of the sudden it's an "agenda".

Or having female superheros band together is an agenda.

But have Ironman, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk being the great central superheroes the entire franchise was basing itself on - four white guys banding together - oh, no agenda there, we're fine with that!

I didn’t mind the gay scene but what else would you call it when the director themselves have gone out of their way to state they intentionally inserted a gay character into the movie. And the director wanted to make a stronger point that he took it upon himself to play the role.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I didn’t mind the gay scene but what else would you call it when the director themselves have gone out of their way to state they intentionally inserted a gay character into the movie. And the director wanted to make a stronger point that he took it upon himself to play the role.
How do you unintentionally insert a gay character into a movie then breh :heh:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
latest

DdqeA6uVwAEdN3l.jpg

Man blasts rounds?

That'll lift a rhino and knock a elephant Down

:russ:Breh those same blasts put Surfer down they would decimate a Rhino and Elephant. Also Thanos was extremely depowered in the movie you should have known that from IW. He doesn’t need the Infinty stones to bytch slap the Avengers......Hulk and all. Comic Thanos could bytch slap the current Rooster and their comic counterparts.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
How do you unintentionally insert a gay character into a movie then breh :heh:

My statement was more in refrence to them trying to appeal to a certain demographic. They could have inserted the scene and not make such a big deal about it. People would have caught on anyway, like I said I personally didn’t have an issue with it but it was just another insert gay person here for the sake of it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Because the established Hollywood norm for decades of action movies was to act like gay people don't even exist.

It literally takes intentional thought to make superhero movies that more closely represent reality.

Just like people have to go out of their way to insert Black superheroes. Just look at the original lineup - Ironman, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, etc....you ain't getting ANY Black superheroes unless there's an intentional effort, cause the established comic book norm for decades was to assume White men ran everything.

Daps
As much as I was hoping for Cap to pick up Mjolnir in this flick, everything leading up to it made it so much more worthwhile when you take into account everything that happened to him since the first time he tried picking it up and it only slightly budged. After civil war and his falling out with Stark, he had to admit to himself where he was wrong in the situation when he hit the road. And after IW, dude had to live with failure on a (literally) universal scale for five years and still try to be a beacon of hope to the survivors and his comrades. Shyt like that must've been extraordinarily trying and humbling for him.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Because the established Hollywood norm for decades of action movies was to act like gay people don't even exist.

It literally takes intentional thought to make superhero movies that more closely represent reality.

Just like people have to go out of their way to insert Black superheroes. Just look at the original lineup - Ironman, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, etc....you ain't getting ANY Black superheroes unless there's an intentional effort, cause the established comic book norm for decades was to assume White men ran everything.

I get you Breh I also get where people saying an agenda is being pushed are also coming from. Nowadays everything is feminism or homosexuality being inserted in entertainment mediums to the point when it occurs people roll their eyes now. The cringey scene with Captain Marvel (the fake one) and all the females coming to her aid was some serious.:comeon:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
As much as I was hoping for Cap to pick up Mjolnir in this flick, everything leading up to it made it so much more worthwhile when you take into account everything that happened to him since the first time he tried picking it up and it only slightly budged. After civil war and his falling out with Stark, he had to admit to himself where he was wrong in the situation when he hit the road. And after IW, dude had to live with failure on a (literally) universal scale for five years and still try to be a beacon of hope to the survivors and his comrades. Shyt like that must've been extraordinarily trying and humbling for him.

nikka played a better Superman than Superman in the Snyder verse. The Russo bros brought him back from a dark place, I remember people clowning him hard in Avengers and then Winter Soldier happened.:blessed:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Spider-man got killed as a high schooler and came back after five years of being dead as a high schooler. Everyone who was snapped did not age and im pretty sure you don't age when you are dead.
So why his fat Mexican friend was still in school? or am I mixing shyt up :mjlol:

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I see why a lot of y'all prefer IW now. This was a good movie but not great like IW.

The second-half of the movie was the most interesting. They gave Thanos a good 20 minutes of screen time. Maybe this has been asked/answered but why didn't Nebula tell Clint and Nat that someone had to die in order to get the Soul Stone?
She didn't know. only gomarra and Thanos knew

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Hulk didnt get a rematch....captain marvel could a saved stark and peace the fukk out...

How the fukk was Thanos able to use nebulas pym particles to bring a whole battleship into the future....I thought that shyt was just enough for one person to make a round trip...that's what they said earlier....too much deus ex machina and time travel is the lazy story way to get yourself outta a blind....to introduce it this late in the game...:comeon:

Like I said, i shed tears and i cheered but in reality i will never watch this shyt again ...:yeshrug:
No one cares.

shyt was epic :tu: