AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I hate how Hulk was nerfed in Infinity War and Thor was nerfed in Endgame. I want to see All Father Thor / Thorforce myself. Now he's got Valkyrie as the Queen of Asgard and going with the Guardians.

I sort of get it him being fat but when he had Mjolnir and Stormbreaker when lightning struck I was ready for him to be back to regular Thor.
:snoop: How was hulk nerfed in his one scene where he got swatted like he was supposed to?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Don't forgot watching his hammer get destroyed in '17. Feige low-key been putting breh through it.
...and I feel like nobody's even knocking him for wallowing either.
Plus Jane dumped him for this dude,

Imagine the hit to your self esteem. You a god, you run 9 worlds. Rich, Powerful, you even saved the universe a couple of times.
And this guy takes you girl :heh:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think it makes sense. Think about Thor’s timeline.
2013- dark Elves kill his mom
2017- in a span of like 36 hours, his dad dies, his sister takes his eye out and he has to blow up his planet to save everyone. Dude is barely done putting on his eye patch when Thanos comes through and blows up his ship, kills 1/2 his people, then murders his brother and best friend in front of him.

How much loss can 1 dude take? Then to top it off, Stormbeaker is the only thing that we saw do any damage to Thanos in infinity war. And Thor lands a critical blow, but doesn’t killl him because he wants to gloat. Which then leads to 1/2 the universe being wiped out cuz he wanted to pop shyt.

They did Thor a service by only having him be an alcoholic.
Basically

The whole arc has been showing that simply because he is a god and has power doesn't mean that he is'nt also a man and very mortal in many respects

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Thor was depressed. He lost everything. It makes sense that he would be a fat mess.

The whole movie was about how everyone dealt with loss. Stark had a family. Cap was still longing for Peggy but had to put on the good guy image. Hulk became a New York socialite. Hawkeye became Batman. And Natalia tried to continue the mission. They all showed their different sides of loss and Thor's went from being a muscle-bound Norsgod to a fat alcoholic.

Thor has lost more than anyone in that crew.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thor was depressed. He lost everything. It makes sense that he would be a fat mess.

The whole movie was about how everyone dealt with loss. Stark had a family. Cap was still longing for Peggy but had to put on the good guy image. Hulk became a New York socialite. Hawkeye became Batman. And Natalia tried to continue the mission. They all showed their different sides of loss and Thor's went from being a muscle-bound Norsgod to a fat alcoholic.

Thor has lost more than anyone in that crew.

Thor had a great character arc and showing the true humanity of these broken heroes after losing everything was great.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm not into comic books, so can someone explain to me why the theater went crazy when captain America got Thor hammer
Thor's hammer is enchanted - no living being can wield it unless they are deemed "worthy."

Thor is deeply proud of his worthiness to wield the hammer. In the previous MCU movies no one else was worthy except a non-human android. When Captain America tried to lift it in an earlier movie, the hammer shifted slightly (freaking Thor out), but he couldn't lift it.

Captain America finally lifting it now proves that he really is worthy, the most worthy of all humans.

Do you guys think we ever saw Cap's "dark side" in the MCU or do you think he even has one?
He cursed at least 3 times.

I just want to see what happened when Cap returned the Soul Stone :lolbron:

Cap: "Oh...wow :picard::huhldup:"

Red Skull: :beli:

Cap: "So uh...how's life been over here?:upsetfavre:"

Red Skull: "Man just get on with it :martin:"

:russ:

Brehs. There’s only alternate timelines if the stones are removed from that timeline. I remember the ancient one saying they control the flow of time. That’s why they needed to to return them right before they were taken. To make sure you don’t create a alternate one.

Old Cap existed with the young Cap. It’s how he was able to show up at the end. He didn’t cross dimensions.
I don't think that's true. At least, it's not what the Avengers believed. Otherwise they simply could have gone back and killed baby Thanos.

If the explanation is that Cap went back in time and then lived out his entire life in their same timeline, I think that would contradict what the Avengers claimed about how time works. So it could be a plot hole, or the Avengers simply could have been wrong about how time works, or Cap might have done something different (such as going back in time and living out that 70 years in a different timeline, but hooking up with Pym on his own to beam himself back to the original timeline via a different machine or something.)

Days of futures past had no plot holes
Ummm....

X-Men: Days of Future Past Plot holes — Movie Plot Holes