AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The timeline we've been watching is the one in which he went back. Old Caps been here the whole time.

That's a legit answer too. The only issue being that Captain America would have to assume that his return wasn't going to create a butterfly effect that changes everything. Or maybe he just didn't give a shyt what he was going to change, said, "fukk it, I'm going back", and then just got lucky that nothing much changed and he was still able to show up at the same spot to see everyone off.

Ant man basically became dude from Guardians for him
Jokers like that always find their mark immediately in any new situation. :lolbron:

So I think they all got banished to the same realm and weren’t dead but weren’t alive in this atmosphere.
Nah, they were definitely definitely dead.

Remember that Doctor Strange knew what the plan was even before he died. So the second Hulk snapped them all back to life, he would have gotten to work instantly. First he uses the portals to gather all the sorcerers and then they all use portals to get all the superheros assembled. There was a pretty long time between Thor's snap and when they came into the picture (the initial aftermath, and then the destruction of the building, all that time Thanos spent just waiting in place, then the whole Thor/Cap/IronMan/Thanos battle). That's more enough time for hypercompetent sorcerers with a plan already in place to run around and grab everyone.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Thor joining the Guardians is interesting because I wasn’t a huge fan of their second movie. He could breathe some life into that franchise but he’s so OP for this crew it could diminish them? At least people on the Avengers match power more

Avengers powers match ??? you smoking crack :gucci:

a team that has karate lady black widow and a Norse God alongside an unlimited strength gamma radiated Hulk is what you call a power match ???

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This is wrong. Wolverine has accelerated healing factor. Cap does not have Healing factor at all .he just has peak human metabolism and other characteristics only. So he heals fast compared to average people but he would still scar and his cells don't regenerate like Wolverine, he can't grow back a hand like deadpool. Because although it is peak human, it is still human. he simply ages and heals like the best of humans would. The oldest human ever lives to about 115 so that is presumably how old Cap can get before dying. Also the bolded makes no sense in the MCU because he isn't actually 80 years old. He was frozen at like 30 something and didn't age during that time.
Bruh Wolverine has Regenerative and Accelerated Healing Factor. I said healing factor there's 3 types of Healing Factor in Marvel Regular Healing, Regenerative and Accelerated, and in Marvel Lore if you have any of the 3 you have Slow Aging

The Captain
Abilities
  • Super-Soldier Serum; via Peak human strength, speed, durability, agility, reflexes, senses, and mental processing
  • Master martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant
  • Accelerated healing factor
  • Master tactician, strategist, and field commander
  • Wields Vibranium-steel alloy shield
You are wrong, This is Cannon everybody knows since the beginning that Captain America Super Solider Serum gives him a healing factor

You can't agrue with Cannon or Stan Lee go to Twitter and ask Marvel Writer's do Cap have a healing factor and the answer is yes

Go Read Captain America Arc a few years ago when they took Super Solider Serum and he age to his 80's or 90's and he was aging fast and he was dying

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Avengers powers match ??? you smoking crack :gucci:

a team that has karate lady black widow and a Norse God alongside an unlimited strength gamma radiated Hulk is what you call a power match ???

i didnt say ALL

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
the problem is, you miss half the damn movie if we go off your points.....

what about all the other things they did in time... all the minor changes they made... steve goes back to be with peggy. but peggy is old and lonely in cap 2... by cap 3, her daughter is throwing the box at steve... that is now completely fukked up... does that daughter even exist since peggy never had her with whoever her OG dad was? Does she even help cap in civil war, seeing how she'd never have been made? Peggy dies in that movie as well. So does future steve go to the funeral or 2014 steve?

never do time travel brehs... movie rule number 1... you are dealing with too many factors that can easily break your own rules, that are impossible to comb through, minute by minute, and factor in all the ways things could fukk up

this is just another failure.. there has never been a time travel movie without plot holes in the time travel... EVER
It was her great niece not daughter lol. So she will still exist but has memory of kissing Steve lol

Daps
I saw it a couple hours ago.

It was a lot to unpack on a visual, textual, and emotional level.

I'm very glad they made every character count without it being a mess on screen. I do feel like they nerfed Wanda because she was holding off Thanos in IW when he had the infinity gauntlet, and again they buffed Cap because a single hit from Thanos should've killed him, and the argument that Thanos may not have wanted to kill him before goes out the window here by Thanos' own words.

The strongest feeling I walk away with as far as critiques go, is that the pacing was a little spotty and the usage of time travel made some of the logistics of things feel bit shaky.

I was expecting to feel a bit more moved by the character deaths but they really didn't do that much for me. Maybe it was because it felt like their roles in the universe had all run its course? I think that's it.

Old Man Cap was cool, but him staying in the past should've messed up that whole continuity and created another timeline, which one could argue should've happened when all of them went into the past and started changing events. Nebula killing her past self should've done the same thing. The time travel was more of a curse than a blessing in this movie, but it is what it is.

Thor, Cap, and Stark about to square up with Thanos while Thanos was sitting waiting for the smoke was one of the hardest fukkin scenes in a comic book movie period. I was glad to see Cap pick up the hammer, and again all the characters getting shine on the battlefield was nice, even that borderline corny girlpower platoon. I was hoping for at least one good one-on-one hand-to-hand fight scene with good choreography, but cap trickshotting with Mjolnir and his shield against Thanos was good enough.

Overall, I think the logical plotholes got in the way of me enjoying this movie as much as I wanted to. If I rewatched it, I'd prolly just skip to the final battle.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Brehs. There’s only alternate timelines if the stones are removed from that timeline. I remember the ancient one saying they control the flow of time. That’s why they needed to to return them right before they were taken. To make sure you don’t create a alternate one.

Old Cap existed with the young Cap. It’s how he was able to show up at the end. He didn’t cross dimensions.
So you think that removing Thanos and his entire fleet from his timeline didn't create an alternate one?

:beli:

Ancient Ones gripe wasn't that taking the stones would change the timeline... It was that taking the stones would leave that timeline defenseless. Hence why Banner suggested returning the stones back to the exact time it was taken.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I said that last year lol why didn’t he make a portal back to earth he clearly did it then :mjlol:
Pretty sure he could've but Stark convinced him to ride out their plan....and after his visions he pretty much became the plan. The only time he was skeptical he was on the ship moving at light speed which had to be an issue for teleportation.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Yeah but they had the advantage of already fighting him
And Thor might of been flabby but he’s still Thor
And cap was out there using mjnoir this is the strongest version of cap we’ve ever seen
Starks is in the suit he could be flabby as hell in person as long as he’s in the suit he’s good and his suits only get better

Thanos had a double sword and nothing else and he was with all the smoke
What you're saying is coming from a place of fandom breh. The only experience any of them had against Thanos was taking quick L's. The only one who got a W was Thor when he was at his godliest. Stark 5 years older and not doing any heroing in 5 years is not giving Thanos the same fight he gave Thanos in Infinity War....idc. Cap wasn't doing shyt to Thanos in Infinity War...all wielding Mjolnir did was get him in the same league. Thor :heh: was notably committing attacks from long distance and playing backup because he KNEW that without Storm breaker he wasn't a match for dude even in his prime. This was no surprise attack, nor was Thanos a one armed cripple restrained after an unexpected attack