AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The most common power granted by the Super-Soldier Serum is that of peak human potential. This means that the individual is stronger,[5][33] faster,[5][33] and more durable than the finest human athletes.[33] They are capable of lifting around 800 pounds over their heads,[17] running at speeds of 30 mph or possibly more,[34] and due to the Super-Soldier Serum's ability to counteract the lactic acids in the muscles that cause fatigue, allowing individuals to maintain strenuous physical activity for up to 12 hours on end before tiring.[5] For example, a policeman stated Josiah's stamina allowed him to "almost never [tire]."[5] The Super-Soldier Serum increase the individual's metabolism, allowing them to heal faster than normal humans.[35] The Super-Soldier Serum also increase the individual's durability, enabling them to withstand falls from several stories high,[34][36] gunshots,[37] and etc. The Super-Soldier Serum also grants individuals immunity to any disease, illness, and poison known to man due to their bodies' ability to process it faster than the effects can cause harm to their body.[38][19] This includes most known drugs and alcohol which has no effect on the Super-Soldier Serum recipient; for instance, Steve Rogers stated that his enhanced metabolism does not allow him to get drunk

This is how the serum's effects are defined in the comics. Nowhere does it state that you live an extremely long time. You would just live as long or longer than most long living humans. So i'd give Cap a 115 to 120 year lifespan at best. Basically just take every human characteristic and pick the person in real life who represents the highest level, and thats Cap. Him beng frozen in ice for 70 years is the only reason he wasn't elderly to begin with.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Brehs. There’s only alternate timelines if the stones are removed from that timeline. I remember the ancient one saying they control the flow of time. That’s why they needed to to return them right before they were taken. To make sure you don’t create a alternate one.

Old Cap existed with the young Cap. It’s how he was able to show up at the end. He didn’t cross dimensions.

I thought that was more in reference to altering events, alternate realities exist though hence the snap actually occurring in the main timeline but now it will never occur in the ancient ones timeline.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
by all accounts he's 175 ish at the "second" 2023 he lives..

he basically lived 2 lifetimes

This is false

Remember he was thawed out in 2012 to the first thanos attack which was 2018 add 5 years for the second thanos attack, he has only been unfrozen for 12 years....he went into the ice in his mid 20's in 1945ish, was he's been frozen for 65ish years.

So when he traveled back he would be in his late 30's insta of mid 20's.
So really it's just a single lifetime, just with a added 12years of modern time.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is false

Remember he was thawed out in 2012 to the first thanos attack which was 2018 add 5 years for the second thanos attack, he has only been unfrozen for 12 years....he went into the ice in his mid 20's in 1945ish, was he's been frozen for 65ish years.

So really it's just a single lifetime, just with a added 12years of modern time.
People not understanding the entire point of him and Bucky being Frozen. T'chaka had enhanced traits too and was old as shyt during civil war.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Brehs. There’s only alternate timelines if the stones are removed from that timeline. I remember the ancient one saying they control the flow of time. That’s why they needed to to return them right before they were taken. To make sure you don’t create a alternate one.

Old Cap existed with the young Cap. It’s how he was able to show up at the end. He didn’t cross dimensions.

That's what I also said... a time loop makes perfect sense...:ld: Old Cap was there the entire time in the cut and lived through the 40's-20XX when they sent his young self back... it was his impromptu destiny...:ld: that's why he's so old when they see him again, is because he aged...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Days of futures past had no plot holes
you might be right on that one... they smartly made their ending, the retconn for every single movie that came before. so anything that was messed up, you can say, "well DOFP ending said that never is going to happen"

that might be the way to do it

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is false

I already corrected myself.. I was speaking in technical years since that's how the movies portrayed his age

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
To be fair... we're talking prime Thanos vs Flabby Thor, Sick Rogers, and Old Stark. It would've been hella unrealistic to believe that he couldn't take those 3 without the stones. shyt, that's exactly why Cap got his ass kicked by the past Cap. He was 5 years removed from battle while Past Cap was fresh off of ass kicking.

Yeah but they had the advantage of already fighting him
And Thor might of been flabby but he’s still Thor
And cap was out there using mjnoir this is the strongest version of cap we’ve ever seen
Starks is in the suit he could be flabby as hell in person as long as he’s in the suit he’s good and his suits only get better

Thanos had a double sword and nothing else and he was with all the smoke

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The most common power granted by the Super-Soldier Serum is that of peak human potential. This means that the individual is stronger,[5][33] faster,[5][33] and more durable than the finest human athletes.[33] They are capable of lifting around 800 pounds over their heads,[17] running at speeds of 30 mph or possibly more,[34] and due to the Super-Soldier Serum's ability to counteract the lactic acids in the muscles that cause fatigue, allowing individuals to maintain strenuous physical activity for up to 12 hours on end before tiring.[5] For example, a policeman stated Josiah's stamina allowed him to "almost never [tire]."[5] The Super-Soldier Serum increase the individual's metabolism, allowing them to heal faster than normal humans.[35] The Super-Soldier Serum also increase the individual's durability, enabling them to withstand falls from several stories high,[34][36] gunshots,[37] and etc. The Super-Soldier Serum also grants individuals immunity to any disease, illness, and poison known to man due to their bodies' ability to process it faster than the effects can cause harm to their body.[38][19] This includes most known drugs and alcohol which has no effect on the Super-Soldier Serum recipient; for instance, Steve Rogers stated that his enhanced metabolism does not allow him to get drunk

This is how the serum's effects are defined in the comics. Nowhere does it state that you live an extremely long time. You would just live as long or longer than most long living humans. So i'd give Cap a 115 to 120 year lifespan at best. Basically just take every human characteristic and pick the person in real life who represents the highest level, and thats Cap. Him beng frozen in ice for 70 years is the only reason he wasn't elderly to begin with.
always laughed at the comic definition. No one is coming close to lifting 800 overhead. He's just superhuman :mjlol:
The 5 Heaviest Barbell Push Presses We’ve Ever Seen - BarBend