AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmm...It’s hard to say as there were 14 million outcomes so there were 14 million different scenarios Strange was searching through in rapid succession. There were probably other scenarios where someone else tried to make the sacrifice but failed. Tony’s sacrifice was the only one that could end it all as how Dr. Strange was able to see it.
There had to have been other scenarios where Stark attempted to sacrifice himself.

It took all that to beat Thanos

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I'm not into comic books, so can someone explain to me why the theater went crazy when captain America got Thor hammer

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
What has me even more intrigued is that since the Thanos from Loki’s timeline is dead, he can go pretty much “unchecked” if he plays it right. Could be a nasty set up in the works.

Actually that Thanos isn't dead. The Thanos on Loki's alternate timeline would still be alive. 2014 Thanos was still on that original timeline. So essentially, there's multiple alternate timeline Loki's running around, and an alternate 2014 timeline where the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Snap don't happen because Thanos is gone.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm not into comic books, so can someone explain to me why the theater went crazy when captain America got Thor hammer
Explaining it doesn't really explain it. Like your love for trannies. You have to experience the other movies to understand.
:troll:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

Fan service moment. He almost lifted it in Age of Ultron, and he has used it a few times in the comics as well. He's known for being one of the few people, outside of Thor and Odin, that have been worthy to lift Mjolnir.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Actually that Thanos isn't dead. The Thanos on Loki's alternate timeline would still be alive. 2014 Thanos was still on that original timeline. So essentially, there's multiple alternate timeline Loki's running around, and an alternate 2014 timeline where the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Snap don't happen because Thanos is gone.

There are only 2 timelines where thanos is dead
Our current timeline and the 2014

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I had a feeling that this version of the hulk, while strong, probably fights like Banner. Which is to say, he can't fight.

Not just that but professor hulk just isn't angry so he wouldn't have the strempf, he can't fight anyway.

Plus, you take a Thanos that knows a bunch of humans trying to undue his life work with the stones on some backwater ass planet...well we saw what had to be done to stop him :mjcry:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Breh, you don't really wanna see that. Banner would've got that work for real :whoa:

I had a feeling that this version of the hulk, while strong, probably fights like Banner. Which is to say, he can't fight.

Professor Hulk

In the comics that's nout the case, he should have the mind of Bruce but the strength of savage hulk.

To be honest hulk has been depowered since Ultron.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Not really because this theory is one of two theories that have logical reasoning behind it (and Endgame uses both), but both follow the same golden rule of scientifically supported time travel theory.

You cannot alter your direct past, because that past is what leads up to you going back in time.

If you went back in time to kill Hitler to prevent the Holocaust, and you succeeded, then your reasoning for traveling back in time in the present would be erased, and you'd never travel back to do it. Since you can't do and not do something at the same time, this theory is broken.

Thus, if you travel back in time, there are only two options. Your changes alter events to the point they no longer match your past, splitting off these events from your own time line (alternate universe) .

Or, you get a time loop where you always have been part of the past because at some point you travel back to become a part of it. This one tends to confuse people the most because the moment a person travels back in time is seeing as a starting point when it isn't, since it is a loop that comes back around.

Endgame uses both theories. During their mission the Avengers create two branched off timelines. One is a timeline in which Loki gets his hands on the Tesseract after the battle of NY in 2012 instead of it falling into the hands of Shield/Hydra, and escapes thus is never imprisoned on Asgard. The other branched off timeline is one where in 2014 Thanos finds out The Avengers are in 2023 trying to undo his accomplishment and travels to the future to stop them, but is eventually erased by Tony's snap. By traveling to the future and not returning, there is now a timeline in which Thanos and his entire army simply are gone from 2014 onwards.

On the other hand there are two time loop situations. Tony meets his father, and their convo impacts Howard's outlook on parenting which in turn defines the way he raises young Tony into the man he became today.

The other time loop is that after returning the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir, Steve travels back to the past and lives out a "regular" life with Peggy. Thus even before we see 2023 Steve travel back, he has always been living with Peggy under the radar until he grew old to give the shield to Sam after 2023 Steve travels back again.

Alternately there are two encounters that pretty much exist "out of time" due to cosmic awareness. The Ancient One knows past and future, but only of the one reality she is in, and helps guide Banner. Since she knows all time (until her death), she is largely unaffected. She already knows that Strange is meant to become the greatest Sorcerer Supreme, but only now learns to understand why. The same goes for Thor's mother, in the slightly different way that she merely has the awareness to sense that Thor came from a desolate future, but she accepts that history must run its course unaltered because it is as things were meant to be. Even with the knowledge of where the future goes for her son, she does not believe in looking back, only moving forward.
the problem is, you miss half the damn movie if we go off your points.....

what about all the other things they did in time... all the minor changes they made... steve goes back to be with peggy. but peggy is old and lonely in cap 2... by cap 3, her daughter is throwing the box at steve... that is now completely fukked up... does that daughter even exist since peggy never had her with whoever her OG dad was? Does she even help cap in civil war, seeing how she'd never have been made? Peggy dies in that movie as well. So does future steve go to the funeral or 2014 steve?

never do time travel brehs... movie rule number 1... you are dealing with too many factors that can easily break your own rules, that are impossible to comb through, minute by minute, and factor in all the ways things could fukk up

this is just another failure.. there has never been a time travel movie without plot holes in the time travel... EVER

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's crazy is that if you didn't see this saga during its initial run this movie won't have nearly the impact. Movie was payoff for 10 years of flicks and it delivered. Some kid born today is going to see End Game before they see Civil War or Guardians.

There's people right now that seen "Endgame" before half the MCU movies breh.

I said in another thread I guarantee this is some people's first MCU movie, as crazy as that sounds. And I don't mean people forced to go because their kids or whoever wanted to see it. I mean people that just want to be part of a massive pop culture moment and don't want to be left out on social media.

Fred.