AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Their are aspects 's of this movie that come from the comics but not one direct source

If you read marvels True believers line there $1 at comic store

They published a different books that they used as a source material the big one is Avengers forever where a team of Avengers travel through time

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Amazing movie.

I’m a casual fan so question, did this movie pretty much follow the actual comic book? Like, did iron man die this way in the comics and was thanos vanquished to dust like this in the comics?

Not at all.

Understand that comics are a serial medium and written with the intent of lasting forever. There are no lasting deaths, no real endings and few stories written with the emotional gravitas of this movie.

I see @South Paw answered your question but Id like to add that Endgame ends the way it does to bring the entire story full circle (Iron Man "started" the MCU, only right that he saves the day in the end). I mention all of this to emphasize how the MCU really changed how comic book movies were made. Movies didn't have to be beholden to recreating comic book storylines and could exist as their own entities.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thanos after seeing Thor lob his head off through Nebula's memories...
tenor.gif

Bring the whole Marvel universe to bring down a Mad Titan without the Infinity Gauntlet brehs :wow:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
:heh: Man, Disney doesn't give a fuxck about people's "hostility towards females". Theyve made this clear as day. Otherwise theyd be too scared to put her in the film in the first place. Carol basically just appeared like 2 seconds ago and no one knows her.... if someone was going to end Thanos it obviously had to be an OG Avenger, regardless of gender.

I'm just saying theoretically speaking she might have been able to handle the snap recoil.. but i realize she would have had to take the stones off the Thanos glove, insert them into the Tony glove, then put on the Tony glove THEN snap... but clearly the opportunity never presented itself because she got slept trying to take his gauntlet back off.
The film was about the OG avengers and they were telling the fan service story. It was pretty much perfect, even with the flaws. The movie was great and catered in some way to every fan base, so well done. To say no one knows Cap Marvel is wrong though, the movie did over a billi, that means she is pretty popular. I’m sick of defending a character that isn’t even in my top 10, but the scenes with her were so antiseptic, it would appear that the hate is agenda driven.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nah that was a plothole :mjlol:Cap shouldn't have been able to live that one unlike mjlonier. It was just comedic moment:manny:Still cool though:ehh:

Maybe the biggest running plothole through all the Marvel meetings was the beatings that regular humans take. I get that Thor and Hulk can survive whatever, but it makes no sense whatever how many times basically human superheroes take blows that would have destroyed their internal organs and just shake it off. At the very least every single member of the Avengers would have mad CTE at this point.

I mean, Thanos blew up the entire base when they weren't remotely ready for it and NO ONE died? How does that work?

Is Gamora permanently dead?
The Gamora who joined the Guardians and fell in love with Quill is permanently dead. An older version of Gamora who never knew Quill is still alive though, she wasn't with the Guardians when the movie ended but it remains to be seen how she'll play into their future. Quill obviously gonna be pining after her something fierce.

What was the point strange giving up the time stone? Tony still died, infact i think more people died after he gave it up, if he didnt give it up thanks couldnt snap half thr world away
Thanos with 4-5 stones is totally unstoppable. Could have killed all the Avengers by himself. He would have just traveled from planet to planet wasting half of each one and no one ever would have stopped him. Doesn't need to snap, it would just be a little slower.

I had to google it and it's the kid from Iron Man 3 :leon:

Who’s that kid at the end of Avengers: Endgame? (Spoilers)
It’s the boy that helped Stark in his garage in IM3.

Redirect Notice
Good catch y'all. I had no idea either and that was literally the only scene from Iron Man 3 that I liked in the slightest.

so how did 2014 Thanos get through the machine?
I didn't think it was a time machine where you could just go anywhere you wanted, i though to needed the Pym stuff
pretty much means they can go get Tony and Natasha anytime they want if all you got to do is turn on the machine right?
I thought that was a huge hole too. The idea I've seen online is that since Thanos is from a far more advanced alien race with advanced tech and plenty of genius henchmen, once they had the information from 2023 Nebula they may have been able to replicate the Pym particles and the rest of the technology themselves.

So if fat thor took the hammer....how does thor in that timeline get it back?:russ:
Captain America brought it back when he brought the stones back.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe the biggest running plothole through all the Marvel meetings was the beatings that regular humans take. I get that Thor and Hulk can survive whatever, but it makes no sense whatever how many times basically human superheroes take blows that would have destroyed their internal organs and just shake it off. At the very least every single member of the Avengers would have mad CTE at this point.

I mean, Thanos blew up the entire base when they weren't remotely ready for it and NO ONE died? How does that work?

The Gamora who joined the Guardians and fell in love with Quill is permanently dead. An older version of Gamora who never knew Quill is still alive though, she wasn't with the Guardians when the movie ended but it remains to be seen how she'll play into their future. Quill obviously gonna be pining after her something fierce.

Thanos with 4-5 stones is totally unstoppable. Could have killed all the Avengers by himself. He would have just traveled from planet to planet wasting half of each one and no one ever would have stopped him. Doesn't need to snap, it would just be a little slower.

Good catch y'all. I had no idea either and that was literally the only scene from Iron Man 3 that I liked in the slightest.

I thought that was a huge hole too. The idea I've seen online is that since Thanos is from a far more advanced alien race with advanced tech and plenty of genius henchmen, once they had the information from 2023 Nebula they may have been able to replicate the Pym particles and the rest of the technology themselves.

Captain America brought it back when he brought the stones back.
How did hawkeye bring bk thr soul stone when the collector showed that if any regular person holds a stone they die right away, peter quill nearly died right away n he is half god

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i'm still kinda piss3d that I sat thru this shyt on Thursday and suffered at work on Friday. really glad i didnt get Ultra DLX tix. waste of fukkin money

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
How did hawkeye bring bk thr soul stone when the collector showed that if any regular person holds a stone they die right away, peter quill nearly died right away n he is half god
It would suck pretty fukking bad if he made the sacrifice and couldn’t hold the stone. I’d imagine it is based on the sacrifice, not taking into account that other shyt. I am more than happy not to think too much about it, overthought would fukk up my continuity.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Soul Stone was the only one that had a requirement to obtain it. As long as you meet the requirements you’d be ok. It’s also the only stone that was never encased in anything. If Thanos didn’t know about the sacrifice, doubt the collector did either .