AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
To be honest I feel like despite BP being such a huge hit, Marvel will still push Spider-Man, Strange and Cap Marvel as their leading heroes. They are trying to put BP on that Starlord tier. Even in this movie they gave BP 1 minute of screen time just to say they did so.
1) These movies were written, filmed, and almost entirely completed at the same time BP was being filmed.

If you want to know how Disney feels about BP just remember he had his own run of Infinity War ads after BP came out.

That's the only thing they have done since BP dropped and it was putting him front and center.

2) Infinity War was all about the new characters. We knew for a year that this movie was all about the old ones. None of the new characters got a lot of shine in this film, because they all did in the first. Not even the dreaded Carol who was alive for this entire movie got a lot of screen time. Only Ant-Man who has been around for years and wasn't in IW at all got a lot of time in this one.

BP/Spidey/CM will be the Tony/Cap/Thor of the universe going forward, probably straight down to them occupying similar roles of provider of resources/heart of the team/cosmic heavy hitter.

The real work will be creating friction within the tean that kept the inter team dynamics interesting before. Only thing I can see shaking BP is some situation where he had to choose between Wakanda and the Avengers creating a rift between he and the rest.

If they really can figure out Namors rights the Atlantis v Wakanda fight to introduce him and then Namor as an Avenger after could create a real different dynamic there.

Couple that with CM's arrogance and Spidey growing as a man and there's some movement there

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Bruh what? He left 2024 and came back to 2024 lol if he took the serum he would look the same

He lived his life in real time fam

And aged

He remembered where bruce and Sam were and just waited for them there

Aged less then a regualr white guy

But the way there two nebulas

There two steve one who had a regualr life and the one on the ice

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Meh. That's no more pandering than having the Dora Milaje being an elite squad of women fighters. Also, it's still less pandering than it is a head nod to the A-Force comics of essentially all-women superhero group of marvel's here. shyt, a few of them in that shot was from that very series. Also, it was a 1-minute spot in a 181 minute movie. It effects very little, outside of giving some female fans/viewers a moment as well. Now if they just did it at the behest of shytting on all the male heroes and made it a superheroine mary sue moment and they did all the work and saved the day AND the movie was brought down or stunk because of it, I could get your gripe on the "how". Otherwise, ya'll clowns for even being phased by that shyt. It mildly reminds me of non-black folks trying to high/low-key hate with Black Panther with that shyt. Granted, that's a serious stretch in itself, but still...
The difference is that the Dora milage is actually from the comics and none of the females in that shot besides Carol was actually in the A-Force.

That scene came from nowhere and went nowhere

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dudes so mad at Carol and she's in the movie for maybe 10 minutes total AND isn't the Mary Sue y'all spent a year getting trolled into thinking she was :mjlol:
No she is that and that's why they inexplicably sidelined her. She probably would have waxed Thanos alone if he hadn't got that infinity gauntlet at that point. I think it's pretty stupid to create a character so powerful you basically have to sideline them to have any conflict because nobody else can one on one fight them. Scarlet Witch would have killed Thanos too had the ships not intervened.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
First 2 hours of the movie was straight garbage but that final act was :wow:
I can't totally agree with that. The first act was dreadful. The second act was ok. The third act was amazing. I'm not willing to forgive the first act just because the third one was good.In my eyes they even out and you're left with an ok movie overall.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
nah, i think he's gonna be a defacto "leader" but always have his own country to rule. BP is the biggest non-Avenger movie, there's no way they're just gonna sideline him. Also, there was really no way to give him much screentime in Endgame.

and don't kill me here... but the Russos handle Black Panther better than Coogler did. Black Panther the character in battle. His action scenes in Civil War and Endgame were basically better than everything he did in the suit in his own movie save a few shots from Korea.
I don’t agree because Coogler had to make Killmonger sympathetic to the audience and establish a new universe unfortunately BP had to take a backseat in his own movie

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I don’t agree because Coogler had to make Killmonger sympathetic to the audience and establish a new universe unfortunately BP had to take a backseat in his own movie
not arguing that. fully expect Black Panther to wreck shyt in BP2. all of the "boring" stuff is out of the way now. We know his internal conflict, we know his story, time to go fukk people up.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Predicted to do $100 million more domestically than Infinity War over the first weekend :wow: