Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's sitting at 93% off 15 reviews, with 1 negative review from a site (Topless Robot :dahell:) I never heard of.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Please don't be that dude hex. Please don't :deadrose:

I didn't post that for my benefit. People know I don't care about RT or Metacritic.

I'm saying people will quote the % without even reading the reviews, or who wrote them.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I didn't post that for my benefit. People know I don't care about RT or Metacritic.

I'm saying people will quote the % without even reading the reviews, or who wrote them.

Fred.

Ah ok I got you:myman: I do wonder if people will lose their shyt though if A it's not as high as the first one or B negative reviews start coming in and they start sending death threats

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ah ok I got you:myman: I do wonder if people will lose their shyt though if A it's not as high as the first one or B negative reviews start coming in and they start sending death threats

People are going to spin it no matter what.

Cats are already like :lupe: "it'll probably be 80%" when it currently has a single negative review from a site none of us heard of until 15 minutes ago. So let's say it does drop to 80%....does it matter if it's from sites nobody knows exists?

The same goes for "Batman V Superman", or anything really.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
People are going to spin it no matter what.

Cats are already like :lupe: "it'll probably be 80%" when it currently has a single negative review from a site none of us heard of until 15 minutes ago. So let's say it does drop to 80%....does it matter if it's from sites nobody knows exists?

The same goes for "Batman V Superman", or anything really.

Fred.

I think it matters to some. Although on the real, there are tons of critics whom I've never heard of until I start reading sites like Rotten Tomatoes so it renders a lot of stuff null and void if that's the angle to take. I stick with the people I tend to stick with and even then I don't read a single review until after I've seen the movie. Maybe I'll check out a score or two but won't read the entire thing. I've seen the scores for this on three sites: Cinemablend, IGN, and Comingsoon/Superherohype. 4/5, 8.5 and 7/10 respectively

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think it matters to some. Although on the real, there are tons of critics whom I've never heard of until I start reading sites like Rotten Tomatoes so it renders a lot of stuff null and void if that's the angle to take. I stick with the people I tend to stick with and even then I don't read a single review until after I've seen the movie. Maybe I'll check out a score or two but won't read the entire thing. I've seen the scores for this on three sites: Cinemablend, IGN, and Comingsoon/Superherohype. 4/5, 8.5 and 7/10 respectively

I think it matters to people who want it to matter. I'm not gonna be in the theater like "that scene was awesome....but how did Bill Smith from Topless Robot feel when he seen it?"

I guess I don't get the critical angle as a talking point for these movies. They aren't supposed to be "The Godfather 2". Hell, most movies in general don't get an 80% but if this does people will act like it's the end of the world. It's silly to me. :manny:

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think it matters to people who want it to matter. I'm not gonna be in the theater like "that scene was awesome....but how did Bill Smith from Topless Robot feel when he seen it?"

I guess I don't get the critical angle as a talking point for these movies. They aren't supposed to be "The Godfather 2". Hell, most movies in general don't get an 80% but if this does people will act like it's the end of the world. It's silly to me. :manny:

Fred.

Well the point of criticism is just to inform the viewer what they should or shouldn't see just like any form of journalism is supposed to inform. Even in comic book movies there are still basic movie fundamentals that should be in place like story coherence and logical plot evolution. Some judge them harder than others but that doesn't mean it's useless. Some people really swear by critics for better or for worse.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Minutes removed from starting AoU. It still surprises me that the second half of the original is so goddamn good that it makes me forget all about how the first half is shot like an ugly-ass SyFy tv production.