Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's sitting at 93% off 15 reviews, with 1 negative review from a site (Topless Robot :dahell:) I never heard of.

Fred.

indiewire gave it a C+,

Review: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is Proof We Don't Need More Avengers Movies
By Eric Kohn | IndiewireApril 21, 2015 at 5:02PM
It looks great, but haven't we been here before?
Minutes removed from starting AoU. It still surprises me that the second half of the original is so goddamn good that it makes me forget all about how the first half is shot like an ugly-ass SyFy tv production.
u posting from the theater breh?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think it matters to people who want it to matter. I'm not gonna be in the theater like "that scene was awesome....but how did Bill Smith from Topless Robot feel when he seen it?"

I guess I don't get the critical angle as a talking point for these movies. They aren't supposed to be "The Godfather 2". Hell, most movies in general don't get an 80% but if this does people will act like it's the end of the world. It's silly to me. :manny:

Fred.
I just use it as a guideline aka "this movie got good reviews, I'll go see it for myself and form my own opinion" I've seen critics shyt on movies that I ended up loving and love movies I thought were mediocre :manny: plus like you said rottentomatoes allows some suspect ass websites submit reviews, so many people will write negative reviews just for attention. I suspect this movie will end up in the 80%'s

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well the point of criticism is just to inform the viewer what they should or shouldn't see just like any form of journalism is supposed to inform. Even in comic book movies there are still basic movie fundamentals that should be in place like story coherence and logical plot evolution. Some judge them harder than others but that doesn't mean it's useless. Some people really swear by critics for better or for worse.

I just talk to people I know breh. Or, gauge reactions on here from a few key people.

I don't really fukk with critics, unless the topic of conversation is about critics, or it can be related to the topic at hand. There is a handful of critics I check for and even they're dwindling by the day.

I like CHUD.com but one of the dudes on there was talking about "Batman V Superman" looks lame because the trailer is "too serious". There is too many elements at play, before you even factor in bias or fanboyism, for me to take a critic's opinion seriously enough for it to impact whether or not I go see something.

Fred.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
seeing these reviews about to have me lowkey :sadbron:... this is supposed to be the movie to take over the summer

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just talk to people I know breh. Or, gauge reactions on here from a few key people.

I don't really fukk with critics, unless the topic of conversation is about critics, or it can be related to the topic at hand. There is a handful of critics I check for and even they're dwindling by the day.

I like CHUD.com but one of the dudes on there was talking about "Batman V Superman" looks lame because the trailer is "too serious". There is too many elements at play, before you even factor in bias or fanboyism, for me to take a critic's opinion seriously enough for it to impact whether or not I go see something.

Fred.

I don't fukk with critics as much as I fukk with discussions of movies but that's a different argument. For the most part I keep my own council on movies. It's cool to talk about them tho

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Looks like this will be what Star Trek into Darkness was to Star Trek '09'

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't really give a fukk about reviews (critics loved Iron Man 3 while I thought it was utter shyt and crapped on MOS which I loved) but I do like to read some of the comment sections on sites that are not giving this movie a resounding thumbs up just to see how angry stans can get.
I read on one site where the comments all accused the guy of not actually seeing the movie because his review was negative.:mjlol: